More than 19 episodes?

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
FlaredJeanRomeo

More than 19 episodes?

Post by FlaredJeanRomeo » Feb 5th 2003, 11:12 pm

I remember way more episodes than 19. Unless my mind is turning into racoon kibble.

I remember an episode where Grahams business partner declares her love for him and says something like she can't go on working around him because he was a married man that she could never have.

Time to feed the racoons? or am I right?
:lol:

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Feb 6th 2003, 12:14 am

Well, if you watched the MSCL marathons on MTV like I did, it might seem like there were more than 19 episodes. Unfortunately, no more episodes were made.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

FlaredJeanRomeo

Hmmmm.....

Post by FlaredJeanRomeo » Feb 6th 2003, 1:35 am

This has got to be an episode that they didnt include in the box set

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Feb 6th 2003, 5:34 am

I believe you're confusing Hallie Lowenthal from late in the series with the "Tie-Grabber" woman from the early episodes. Like Tom said, short of Winnie Holzman revealing a secret film stash, there were, and are, only 19 episodes.

But yeah, I know the feeling. :)
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

FlaredJeanRomeo

Crazy....

Post by FlaredJeanRomeo » Feb 6th 2003, 6:17 am

I could swear there was one seen when they were in the resturant later at night and it was raining outside or something and she came in to see Graham and she was soaking wet from being the rain...and confessed her agonizing romantic torment for him....I swear!!

If this did not happen I must have a rich internal life...lol

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: Crazy....

Post by Sascha » Feb 6th 2003, 6:46 am

FlaredJeanRomeo wrote:I could swear there was one seen when they were in the resturant later at night and it was raining outside or something and she came in to see Graham and she was soaking wet from being the rain...and confessed her agonizing romantic torment for him....I swear!!
This sounds vaguely familiar. I think one of the fanfiction stories describes a scene like that. Don't remember which one though. Did you ever read MSCL fanfiction stories in the past years?

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Feb 6th 2003, 10:06 am

FlaredJeanRomeo wrote:I could swear there was one seen when they were in the resturant later at night and it was raining outside or something and she came in to see Graham and she was soaking wet from being the rain...and confessed her agonizing romantic torment for him....I swear!!

I think your are thinking of the last episode. Graham and Hallie landed the investors in their restaraunt. It was raining somtime during the episode. They kissed briefly. However, Hallie never said she loved Graham. If you have the DVD's, watch the last episode. Doing that will refresh your memory.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Feb 6th 2003, 10:06 am

The one part of the last episode (19 - IDBR) resembles that scene. Graham comes into the site for the restaurant and Hallie is there, soaked from the rain, and she tells him that Brad broke off the engagment. Is that the scene you are thinking of?
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Feb 6th 2003, 10:58 am

They did NOT kiss, did they? I guess I'll have to watch that last one again...
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Feb 6th 2003, 11:13 am

I don't recall them kissing, or her declaring her undying love... the implications were there but I don't recall anything explicit :)

Just for the record, I frequently have dreams about 'lost' MSCL episodes suddenly turning up - mainly I find them in the bargain bins of video stores.

then, sadly, I wake up :cry: Seriously. It's a recurring dream of mine...

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Feb 6th 2003, 11:23 am

They definitely did not kiss. No way. But after Graham cooked for the incestors in IDBR, they hugged and they almost kissed, but never did. Nor did they talk about it. Graham left and went home to Patty.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Feb 6th 2003, 11:43 am

Megs wrote:They definitely did not kiss. No way. But after Graham cooked for the incestors in IDBR, .
What's on your mind??? :shock:

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Feb 6th 2003, 11:56 am

fnordboy wrote:
Megs wrote:They definitely did not kiss. No way. But after Graham cooked for the incestors in IDBR, .
What's on your mind??? :shock:
:shock: Oh. My. God. I am so sorry!

That gave me my first laugh of the day. Leave it to me! :lol:

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Feb 6th 2003, 11:58 am

starbug wrote:I don't recall them kissing, or her declaring her undying love... the implications were there but I don't recall anything explicit :)

Just for the record, I frequently have dreams about 'lost' MSCL episodes suddenly turning up - mainly I find them in the bargain bins of video stores.

then, sadly, I wake up :cry: Seriously. It's a recurring dream of mine...
I also have those dreams. It's easy to let your mind imagine future episodes, esp. if you are a big fan of the show. I appreciate the fact that some Lifers have written future episodes in the FanFiction section. I've only read some of these stories, but the ones that I have read are good. I have an idea about writing just how Angela and Brian really got together --at their 10 year high school reunion. The trick is, of course, to fill in 12 years of their lives to get to that point.
TomSpeed

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Feb 6th 2003, 12:30 pm

Megs wrote: :shock: Oh. My. God. I am so sorry!

That gave me my first laugh of the day. Leave it to me! :lol:
:lol: Gave me my first laugh of the day too ;)