Rickie and Jordan

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
Jody Barsch

Post by Jody Barsch » Nov 5th 2003, 7:39 pm

Rickie makes it clear in "Why Jordan Can't Read" when he tells Angela Jordan's schedule that he at one time had a crush on Jordan, "Don't say anything," but I think that it is definitely past tense. Rickie is for sure awkward around Jordan (but so is Brian, "Hi, Hey") but I think this is for other reasons than simply a crush). Jordan is just way cool and we should all be a little awkward around him :wink: Anyway, don't forget the Rickie has a hard time fitting in with most of his peers, he has a history of being beat up, and it took him several episodes until "Guns and Gossip" for him to feel at ease even with Angela. As with everyone else, Jordan is an enigma to Rickie, he never knows exactly what to expect. As is made clear in "Haloween," "You better get out of here though, these guys are pretty ripped," Jordan and Rickie both know that Jordan's friends may be a threat to Rickie. It would be logical then if Rickie is a little wary around Jordan. In addition, Rickie just has a difficult time being at ease around people other than his circle of friends, and he doesn't quite know what to do with this very candid Jordan Catalano. After all, for someone as mystifying as Jordan is, he is very honest at times, usually with people he doesn't know very well (which is an intriguing characteristic of his).

high school

Post by high school » Nov 5th 2003, 11:58 pm

Vasquez had a sweet crush on Catalano

Post by Guest » Nov 8th 2003, 12:54 pm

Jody Barsch wrote;
Jordan is just way cool and we should all be a little awkward around him
Jordan Catalano is way stupid and I never feel awkward around stupid people.Not even a little. :twisted:

Post by Guest » Nov 8th 2003, 12:55 pm

Jody Barsch wrote;
Jordan Catalano is way stupid and I never feel awkward around stupid people.Not even a little. :twisted:

Clockwork orange
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Clockwork orange » Nov 8th 2003, 1:02 pm

Anonymous wrote:Jody Barsch wrote;
quote="Anonymous"]Jody Barsch wrote;
Yeah,and if you're so damn smart why did you enter your post twice?
"What we do in life,echoes in eternity."

MSCLfan00
Nicky Driscoll

Post by MSCLfan00 » Aug 23rd 2004, 11:57 pm

i agree with the people who think that rickie had a crush on jordan--but deep down he wanted angela to be happy because in "Life of Brian" when him and angela are outside and jordan comes out or whatever he can tell that angela wants to go talk to him and he tells her to go even tho they were talking......so yes i think rickie had a crush on jordan in the beginning but once he realized that angela seriously had feelings for jordan and it wasn't just some obsession--he put his feelings aside and tried to be the best friend to angela possible

I JUST LOVE RICKIE! :lol:
"You have the option of insanity. I do not! And that makes me CRAZY!"

GO KRAKOW! :)

--msclfan00--

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 24th 2004, 2:13 am

MSCLfan00 wrote:once he realized that angela seriously had feelings for jordan and it wasn't just some obsession--he put his feelings aside and tried to be the best friend to angela possible
I think that Rickie being supportive of Angela's crush on Jordan has more to do with the fact that Rickie knows he has absolutely no chance of ever fulfilling his fantasy of being with Jordan. Yes, he is also being a supportive friend to Angela, but he is also living vicariously through Angela a bit. He knows what it is like to fantasize about Jordan (as evidenced by the conversation below), but Angela has a chance to make that fantasy a reality.
Rickie : She's not saying that she...
Angela : I'm not saying...see there's thinking about him, right? Which is what I do. All the time. Like this...
Rickie : Obsession.
Rayanne : Right. So?
Angela : So, it keeps me going or something. Like I need it just to get through the day. It...It's just ...
Rickie : It's an obsession.
Angela : Right. And, and if you make it real, it's it's not the same. It's not, it's not yours anymore. I don't know, maybe I'd rather have the fantasy than even him.
Rickie : I completely understand this.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Aug 24th 2004, 12:44 pm

candygirl wrote:
MSCLfan00 wrote:once he realized that angela seriously had feelings for jordan and it wasn't just some obsession--he put his feelings aside and tried to be the best friend to angela possible
I think that Rickie being supportive of Angela's crush on Jordan has more to do with the fact that Rickie knows he has absolutely no chance of ever fulfilling his fantasy of being with Jordan. Yes, he is also being a supportive friend to Angela, but he is also living vicariously through Angela a bit. He knows what it is like to fantasize about Jordan (as evidenced by the conversation below), but Angela has a chance to make that fantasy a reality.
Rickie : She's not saying that she...
Angela : I'm not saying...see there's thinking about him, right? Which is what I do. All the time. Like this...
Rickie : Obsession.
Rayanne : Right. So?
Angela : So, it keeps me going or something. Like I need it just to get through the day. It...It's just ...
Rickie : It's an obsession.
Angela : Right. And, and if you make it real, it's it's not the same. It's not, it's not yours anymore. I don't know, maybe I'd rather have the fantasy than even him.
Rickie : I completely understand this.
In much the same way as Rickie living through Angela to get to Jordan, Brian lives through Jordan to get to Angela when he writes the letter.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/