First Impressions

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
Brunkster
Liberty High Student

Re: Just got through watching and....

Post by Brunkster » Apr 7th 2010, 5:36 pm

mudslides wrote:Ive spent the last few days watching the dvds and whoa. Its ended? I mean what do you watch after that? (I realise I am a million years late).
I am coveting Angelas wardrobe right now. And thinking about how weird life must be being as pretty as Jared.
I figure Jordan is to Angela what Tony was to Patty, and Brian is to Angela what Graham is to Patty. Does that make any sense?
Obsessed much ? Hopefully people still come here. I need someone to discuss with!
:angel:
Ooh, I always liked doing analogies when I was a kid. Your first one (Jordan:Angela as Tony:Patty) makes a bit of sense in that it is really the idea of Jordan and Tony that Angela and Patty really like. The reality, however, of their relationships are far murkier.

I'm a bit lost on your second analogy (Brian:Angela as Graham:Patty) unless you're making the case that Brian isn't right for Angela and Graham isn't right for Patty. Of course, Graham is married to Patty, so that would open up a whole new can of worms if your analogy holds up. Is that what you were thinking?

Marco
Frozen Embryo

Incredible show

Post by Marco » Jul 29th 2010, 7:21 pm

Hi folks. I just finished watching all episodes of this incredible show, and I was totally blown away. Wow. Even though I am 55 years old, there was just so much I could relate to. So much of the dialogue was deep and meaningful. I am very grateful to all those who put this amazing series together. All the more so that I am going to a bad time, and all the main characters (except for Angela's parents. Yuck!) became my friends. I love them all, really.

The Christmas show was especially very very moving. And the one with the substitute teacher just hit home like you would not beleive. Well, there is not more to say, except, once again, wow and thank you to those incredible artists.