overalls

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Sep 15th 2004, 3:33 pm

MyLifeIsBrians wrote:I remember the Overall phase. I looked really ridiculous. Overalls do not suit me at all. On Angela they looked pretty good but on Sharon it was just one big fashion catastrophe.
yeah, I think it helps if you are tall. otherwise, it just makes you look even shorter and frumpy. I'm short, and I know they didn't flatter me that well either.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Sep 15th 2004, 6:30 pm

emmie wrote:I think it helps if you are tall. otherwise, it just makes you look even shorter and frumpy. I'm short, and I know they didn't flatter me that well either.
I don't know about that. One of my best friends from high school, like 5'5 and kind of round, looks better in overalls than anyone I have ever seen -- real life, movies, pictures, whatever, she's go them all beat. She looks so freakin' cute in them you can't stand it. I tend to think that you look silly in overalls if you're pretty tall, it just seems to make you look awkward and like you're trying too hard to be young again.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

wicked
Catalano

Post by wicked » Sep 16th 2004, 12:53 pm

I still have my CN/CP Railroad overalls...real ones from a train engineer..I don't wear them very often anymore, but there was a time. I never thought of them or any overalls as sexy, but I can see the point of easy access...lol.

The last time I wore overalls I was VERY PREGNANT...so the sexiness just seemed to um...dissapppear!

mrsLeto26
Tino

Post by mrsLeto26 » Sep 21st 2004, 8:26 pm

i hate overalls. i look terrible in them. maybe i wont now tho cuz i got taller. i'll have to see...lol, ok. anyway, i just never liked them. they were too baggy. i dunno.
What I like, dread, is when people who know you in completely different ways end up in the same area. And you have to develop, this like, combination you, on the spot.

CrimsonGlow
Overlooked Sibling

Post by CrimsonGlow » Oct 15th 2004, 11:09 am

I think overalls are forever. But I think the reason people think they're not "in" right now is because you don't see ads with them or pictures of models modelling them in ads. Of course they were really big from the retro days to the 90s, but they're timeless.
"Seeing a teacher's actual lunch is like, sooo depressing"

LittleWildheart
Tino

Post by LittleWildheart » Oct 15th 2004, 1:03 pm

When overalls were really in at my school, everyone wore them with one of the straps undone and hanging behind them. If you wore them with both straps buckled, you were a dork. LOL...was it like that at anyone else's school?

BTW, this is my first post. Yay.

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Oct 15th 2004, 10:00 pm

LittleWildheart wrote:When overalls were really in at my school, everyone wore them with one of the straps undone and hanging behind them. If you wore them with both straps buckled, you were a dork. LOL...was it like that at anyone else's school?

BTW, this is my first post. Yay.
Haha, I remember that! Kinda like only wearing one strap of your backpack. I think it gave me a slight hunch-back.

:lol:

Welcome to the forum!

:D
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain