Life of Brian

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Life of Brian

Post by Rickie Love » Dec 9th 2002, 1:03 am

Hey folks - if this topic exists on another thread, and somehow I think it might, please excuse, I'll keep it short. Just kinda been browsing and didn't want to have to dig through a bunch of posts...

ANYWAY: :roll: Just watched it again, and can I say how much I really DO love Rickie?? When I chose this moniker it sorta just came to me for no particular reason. I had STUDIOUSLY avoided my MSCL tapes in anticipation of the DVD set all year, so kinda forgot his appeal. But what I found SO great about this ep was you get to see a bit of Rickie's life. Truly a wonderful character...And that dance at the end...I LOVE THAT!!! I could watch that sequence over and over. That and the scene where Angela sees Jordan across the gym...ya, he was a cutie, hu??

This ep kills me 'cause it could just as easily have been called "EVERYbody Loses", ya know?? Talk about the whole "You love her, but she loves him, and he loves somebody else, ya just can't win..." deal. So very cool.

Ok, I will end with a quote, even though I KNOW there is such a thread here - and I'll add to that later, probably: "Of all the stupid things I've said, which are like, countless, I've never wanted to take something back more than that one." :cry: :cry:

I.LOVE.THIS.SHOW.
"Oh, just say the word and she's a footnote in history. I'll make it look like a painful accident..."

glitter_punk
Overlooked Sibling

Post by glitter_punk » Dec 9th 2002, 10:12 am

At my prom, my friend tried to dance like Rickie and he fell over in front of the whole dance floor, so that's what I think of everytime I see the dancing scene, lol.
This life has been a test. If it had been an actual life, you would  have received actual instructions on where to go and what to do.

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Post by Rickie Love » Dec 9th 2002, 9:42 pm

:lol: OMG that would SUCK!! Yet another teenage embarrassing moment...

Just watched Pressure - the scene when Sharaon and Angela are trying despearately to hide that video - classic. Then again she tries to hide it when her dad unexpectedly comes out of the bathroom and busts her, so funny. Ya...to be an emabrrassed teenager again...NO THANKS!! :wink:
"Oh, just say the word and she's a footnote in history. I'll make it look like a painful accident..."

glitter_punk
Overlooked Sibling

Post by glitter_punk » Dec 9th 2002, 10:26 pm

LoL, I know... for me it was more of an embarassing middle school time. I kind of liked my high school time, it was middle school that sucked, lol.
This life has been a test. If it had been an actual life, you would  have received actual instructions on where to go and what to do.

AngelaBee
Tino

"Try"

Post by AngelaBee » Dec 10th 2002, 12:34 am

Did anyone ever listen to the words in the song "try" by billy pilgrim at the world happiness dance?
I always thought he was saying "try to keep it all INSIDE" and then i was reading the lyrics on MSCL.com, and it said "try to keep it all in sight"! but the word "inside" made so much more sense to me!
it seemed to make sense with the episode that he'd be saying to keep everything inside, like not to let your real feelings out. this was true of rickie with corey, brian with angela, jordan with angela, etc. almost everyone at the dance had to hold in how they truly felt about someone.
does anyone know where MSCL.com got the lyrics from? i'm curious to know if those are the real words that billy wrote or if that's what someone thought he was singing.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 10th 2002, 1:19 am

I always thought he was saying "inside" too - oops! I tried looking at http://www.billypilgrim.net but they only have lyrics for his new album there. Grrrrr.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?