best moments compilation

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
emmie
Liberty High Graduate

best moments compilation

Post by emmie » Oct 2nd 2002, 4:51 pm

about 4 years ago, I made copies of my favorite MSCL episodes for 2 of my best friends . I took out all of the commercials and at the end of the tape I made a compilation of the best moments. when corresponding moments are placed side by side, it makes you just laugh out loud. an example would be putting all the times that Brian says, "I will not do another favor for Angela" or any reference to Tino over and over and over again by various characters (they've all mentioned him at least once). my favorite was placing together the quotes "why are you like this? like what? like how you are" with both Angela and Jordan saying them.

to me, this is one of the best things about the writers of MSCL. they kept everything in this world that they created and never forgot any of it. and all of these inside jokes kept floating around from ep to ep.

so if you were to make a "best moments" compilation, what would you use? and what moments would you put together.

emmie

Megs
Lifehead

Re: best moments compilation

Post by Megs » Oct 2nd 2002, 5:10 pm

That sounds great, emmie. I would love to have a copy of that! :lol:

emmie wrote:about 4 years ago, I made copies of my favorite MSCL episodes for 2 of my best friends . I took out all of the commercials and at the end of the tape I made a compilation of the best moments. when corresponding moments are placed side by side, it makes you just laugh out loud. an example would be putting all the times that Brian says, "I will not do another favor for Angela" or any reference to Tino over and over and over again by various characters (they've all mentioned him at least once). my favorite was placing together the quotes "why are you like this? like what? like how you are" with both Angela and Jordan saying them.

to me, this is one of the best things about the writers of MSCL. they kept everything in this world that they created and never forgot any of it. and all of these inside jokes kept floating around from ep to ep.

so if you were to make a "best moments" compilation, what would you use? and what moments would you put together.

emmie
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

sid_barrett
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by sid_barrett » Oct 3rd 2002, 8:35 pm

the "why are you like this" scenes would be great. any time Brian goes to get somthing that Angela has borrowed. boy, i know theres more. have to study up.
"...and I said ' oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, what a feeling'"

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Oct 4th 2002, 12:09 pm

Heh...I need some comic relief right now since I just visited the DVD forum.

Anyway...here are the moments I'd like to see compiled:

- all the kissing scenes

- different characters using "like" in sentences... :P

- People saying "in my humble opinion"

- The two "duh-squared" scenes, side-by-side

- Angela's "quivering lip" scenes

- Jordan saying he likes coffee "black with three or four sugars" at the museum, and then later when Angela tells Patty and Graham she takes coffee "black with three or four sugars" in their kitchen. That kills me.... it's so dead-on!

- Every scene where Krakow gets annoyed/angry and says something ridiculous. :)
"You're sooo beautiful, it HURTS to look at you."

HAHAHA

Post by Guest » Mar 9th 2004, 9:50 pm

and dont forget:
jordan saying "whatever happens, happens" to angela, her saying "i really respect that"
Then graham saying it to brian
Then brian saying it angela and her saying "thats the stupidest thing ive heard in my life"

:D:D:D:D:D

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » May 10th 2004, 3:41 am

Although I think putting shorter clips together would be funny and entertaining, like all the "Tino" clips together was a good idea, but I think I would put together the scene with Brian and Angela in the street together in the pilot, (also a little bit earlier when he says her name like he is in pain), then as they play catch and she says just wait, and then the final scene with them in the street in "In Dream". As I am writing this I think I would make a longer version of this and include maybe their moment as he works on the bike in "Strangers" and when he puts down his head at the computer in "Guns and gossip", and maybe their fabulous fight in front of the fireplace in "WJCR".

Another one would be Brian watching Angela drive away with Rayanne in the pilot, then as she walks into his house and leaves him on the front porch in "DD", then as he watches her leave the group on the field trip, then again when she walks away as he puts down his head at the computer in "Guns and gossip", then when Angela walks away from catch to get the ball at the end of "FF", then as he watches her run after Vic (I think it is brian who's eyes follow her and not Jordan's I'd have to recheck), then when they walk away from each other at the end of their fight in front of the fire place in "WJCR", then as Angela walks away from him in the "AV graveyard" -- "at least I'll know I'm alive" in "Halloween", then, as he watches Jordan and Angela against the fence outside the dance in "life of Brian", then maybe when he turns away from her house hearing that she isn't there in "SE", then as he watches angela walk down the hall with Jordan in "SE", then maybe as she leaves his room after trying to take the tape in "Betrayal", then as she leaves him at the bus to catch up with jordan in "IDBR", then when she and Jordan kiss and walk down the hall together," in the same episode, and then as she drives away with Jordan in the fianl scene. Wow, watching all of that together might make you a little depressed.

Just for that, I think I'd want clips of all the good Brian moments:
1 - Hardcore Brian: standing up to Mr. Foster, saying that he didn't want to dance with Angela, that it must have just been her shampoo that smelled good, telling Jordan that he didn't know if Angela was home, etc...

2 - Funny Brian: the face he makes when Graham asks if he has to play both instruments at once, the face he makes when Jordan asks if his name is Brain Kraikow, brian asking if he was supposed to say all that to jordan catalano, (I know there are others but I am blanking)

Theb there has to be one for the sexiness that is Graham and all the wonderful and stupid things he says, such as the thing about Anne Frank, Brian playing two instruments at once, not being offered any cool aide, etc...

One for Jordan being grumpy: "so? so what?" "could you two, like, leave?" "you're kind of crowding me" "Okay, okay (when she is talking about sex and death)" "so leave" "quit lying...", the scene when he tells her to shut up in "G&G", the scene when he tells his band to shut up, whe he pushes the desk out of his way in Vic's class, etc...

i'd want one with the fun scenes, like rayanne and angela in the very first scene of the pilot, rayanne and rickie running from school, rayanne and Angela running through the parking lot of lets bolt, when the girls see Jordan at lets bolt, Rickie and delia dancing, rayanne and angela chasing rickie at the end of "strangers", them dressing the model in the credits of "the zit", angela dancing in her bedroom, etc...

this is fun, I could keep going with other topics, but I'm sure that is more than enough, and I have to go to bed. Good topic by the way!
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

MyLifeIsBrians
Yearbook Team

Re: HAHAHA

Post by MyLifeIsBrians » May 11th 2004, 12:53 am

Guest wrote:and dont forget:
jordan saying "whatever happens, happens" to angela, her saying "i really respect that"
Then graham saying it to brian
Then brian saying it angela and her saying "thats the stupidest thing ive heard in my life"

:D:D:D:D:D
Ha, Ha. I like that idea. Someone should actually do this and put the scenes together. I`d love to see some of these ideas come to life!
There`s Something About My Life....

kandykiss19
Tino

hey

Post by kandykiss19 » Jul 28th 2004, 1:11 am

you know what wud be really great, at the end you should put the scene where angela and jordan are walking down the hall and he takes her hand! Thats such a great scene, i didnt know tv could capture feelings like that! :D
Well, either sex or a conversation, ideally both.

whitespy12
Three Rivers Resident

Post by whitespy12 » Jul 28th 2004, 11:30 pm

kandykiss19 wrote:
you know what wud be really great, at the end you should put the scene where angela and jordan are walking down the hall and he takes her hand! Thats such a great scene, i didnt know tv could capture feelings like that!
Yeah, thats one of my favorite scenes too. Wasn't that rated among TV Guide's most romantic moments in TV history of something like that?

Anyways, if were to make one of these "best moment" montage videos (which I would like to do, cuz the ideas so far have been freakin awesome), I'd start it with Angela dancing around her room, from "Betrayal", and end it with Angela dancing in front of her house from "Why Jordan Can't Read". There's not many things that entertain me more than seeing Claire Danes dance... of course, there may be something very, very wrong with me.

(and yes, I clearly have no idea how to properly quote another member)
"I'm hungry, I want eggs" - Claire Danes' impression of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Late Night with Conan O'Brien (January 22, 2003)