As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Sep 30th 2004, 4:18 am

emmie wrote:my avatar is taken, once again, from the film Amelie. there is a sequence where she is watching tv and sees herself in weird situations.
Haha, I thought it was Johnny Depp in Don Juan DeMarco!

:-P
candygirl wrote:Yup, emmie is right - this avatar is from Joan of Arcadia. It's one of the ways that God appears to Joan. This one is known as Goth God.
Hinting at your true identity?

:wink:
Nostradamus, I love that you still have the Glory sig with your new Sally avatar.

Mr. Green
I forgot to update it, but now that I think on it, she is sassy isn't she?

:lol:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 30th 2004, 4:41 am

Nostradamus wrote:
candygirl wrote:Yup, emmie is right - this avatar is from Joan of Arcadia. It's one of the ways that God appears to Joan. This one is known as Goth God.
Hinting at your true identity?

:wink:
All in good time.

Nostradamus, I love that you still have the Glory sig with your new Sally avatar.

Mr. Green
I forgot to update it, but now that I think on it, she is sassy isn't she?

That's just what I was thinking!

:mrgreen:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Sep 30th 2004, 12:31 pm

Nostradamus wrote:
emmie wrote:my avatar is taken, once again, from the film Amelie. there is a sequence where she is watching tv and sees herself in weird situations.
Haha, I thought it was Johnny Depp in Don Juan DeMarco!

LOL! no, if I was going to use an avatar of such a good-looking man, I would not be covering up his face! shallow, but true. :wink:

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Oct 17th 2004, 4:05 pm

I usually recognize a mscl.com poster by his or her avatar -- the insect robot, Beaker from the muppets, rockets, an old soldier guy, the silohuette of Madonna, the monopoly car, a river runs through it, a photo booth picture, the face revealing a robot, strangling cartoons, the smiling profile of a young girl, the covered mouth of a small child, cows, Audrey, Spike and Buffy, super chic geeks, and the many changing "faces" of other regulars, etc. -- it's not necessary to read the names because you know which name goes with each image, but lately I'm getting so confused with so many users using the same avatars. It's harder to tell everyone apart.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Oct 17th 2004, 5:00 pm

I was thinking the same thing! it seems like a lot of people are using pics of Jared and/or Angela. which is cool, but they all are so similar.

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Oct 17th 2004, 5:57 pm

Hmm, I'm not sure I know what you mean about it being confusing. :-P

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Oct 17th 2004, 6:48 pm

Wow! That really did just confuse me!
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Oct 17th 2004, 6:49 pm

I feel so violated.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Oct 17th 2004, 6:54 pm

Just so long as you don't take my *

I don't want to see any grim4746*'s running around the forum :evil: :D :evil:

(But then, I stole my last signature from someone in the forum :roll: )

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Oct 17th 2004, 9:53 pm

ROFLMAO!!! you totally got me too grim! :P

man, we should have seen that one coming.... :oops:

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Oct 17th 2004, 9:55 pm

:lol: at grim!

I remember reading about copycats who would steal other people's avatars in chat rooms. Like Jody said, we often don't even bother to lookat a poster's name if we recognize their av, so I guess you could cause a lot of trouble that way...

:-P
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 17th 2004, 10:38 pm

Nostradamus wrote:I remember reading about copycats who would steal other people's avatars in chat rooms.
One of the other forums I frequent refers to that as avatar jacking. It's actually pretty funny because people there change their avs quite frequently, but every once in a while one person will start it by stealing someone else's and then everyone else does it, so there's a random day where if you just looked at the avs and not the usernames, it looks like one or two people talking to themselves.

:mrgreen:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

wicked
Catalano

Post by wicked » Oct 18th 2004, 10:00 am

I'm using some of my own art for this forum. I like seeing all the different icons I guess it kinda says something about your personality by what y choose eh?I like seeing the changes... but usually I get lazy and just end up keeping the smae one forever.LOL
"So this is hell. I'd never have believed it. You remember all we were told about the torture-chambers, the fire and brimstone, the "burning marl." Old wive's tales! There's no need for red-hot pokers. HELL IS - OTHER PEOPLE!"

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Oct 18th 2004, 11:13 am

I can understand the appeal of the mscl avatars, since we are all fans. But, once you're here for a while, they kind of loose their charm. It's like, yes, we all like mscl, so tell me something else about you? I'm just saying I prefer the ones people bring in from outside the show. Not to come down on anyone who uses the mscl av's, it's totally your call. Just stating a preference.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 18th 2004, 4:50 pm

Jody Barsch* wrote:I usually recognize a mscl.com poster by his or her avatar -- the insect robot, Beaker from the muppets, rockets, an old soldier guy, the silohuette of Madonna, the monopoly car, a river runs through it, a photo booth picture, the face revealing a robot, strangling cartoons, the smiling profile of a young girl, the covered mouth of a small child, cows, Audrey, Spike and Buffy, super chic geeks, and the many changing "faces" of other regulars, etc. -- it's not necessary to read the names because you know which name goes with each image, but lately I'm getting so confused with so many users using the same avatars. It's harder to tell everyone apart.
:( And no mention of blood covered preteens :(

I get no respect around here.... :(