As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
wicked
Catalano

Post by wicked » Oct 20th 2004, 11:24 am

fnordboy wrote:
wicked wrote:ignore my ignorance but what is the preteen blood covered death movie poster?
It's a Korean horror/thriller film called A Tale of Two Sisters. Not out in the US yet (if ever), but our UK MSCLers can see it on DVD by the end of this month.
well I'm off to google that! Sounds veddy interesting...sometimes we get stuff in Canada they won't allow into the US, so there is still hope for me
"So this is hell. I'd never have believed it. You remember all we were told about the torture-chambers, the fire and brimstone, the "burning marl." Old wive's tales! There's no need for red-hot pokers. HELL IS - OTHER PEOPLE!"

wicked
Catalano

Post by wicked » Oct 20th 2004, 11:27 am

In fact, despite these similarities, A Tale of Two Sisters is no thoughtless copycat, and is instead perhaps the first South Korean horror film to rival its more famous Japanese cousins.
Certainly Hollywood seems to think so, as DreamWorks have bought the remake rights and plan to release their version sometime in 2004.
well there goes another perfectly good movie to the dogs...sheesh.
"So this is hell. I'd never have believed it. You remember all we were told about the torture-chambers, the fire and brimstone, the "burning marl." Old wive's tales! There's no need for red-hot pokers. HELL IS - OTHER PEOPLE!"

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 20th 2004, 11:56 am

wicked wrote:
In fact, despite these similarities, A Tale of Two Sisters is no thoughtless copycat, and is instead perhaps the first South Korean horror film to rival its more famous Japanese cousins.
Certainly Hollywood seems to think so, as DreamWorks have bought the remake rights and plan to release their version sometime in 2004.
I should have realized a remake was inevitable. So there will be an R1 version of the film eventually. They tend to release the original of the movie they are bastardizing on DVD around the films theatrical release time.

It is a good movie, definitely worth checking out. If you can't wait and you have region free capabilities the R3 Korean disc is great, or of course there will be the R2 UK coming out the end of the month.

Despite what the quoted blurb says this really isn't a horror movie IMO. It has some supernatural events, but I relaly don't like to call this film a horror movie.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Oct 20th 2004, 7:34 pm

grim4746 wrote:It still seems a bit different to me.
Looks much better to me! :sunshine:
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Post by So-Called Loon » Nov 4th 2004, 8:55 pm

wicked wrote:
:roll:
Ah, crap!
I remember the holywood version of "La Femme Nikita". :-P
And the name was so creative: "Point of No Return". I swear Holywood has this list of about a 100 words. Any time they need a dramatic name for some generic load of garbage film, they pick a few at random.

That 'Tale of Two Sisters' poster is kinda cool.
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Nov 22nd 2004, 8:00 am

Could it be that our Fnordboy has an avatar that is unique and aesthetically pleasing without any trace of horror or mayhem? Or is it a crop from a larger crime-scene photo, or perhaps a portrait of a deranged serial killer?

:wink:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 22nd 2004, 12:19 pm

Nostradamus wrote:Could it be that our Fnordboy has an avatar that is unique and aesthetically pleasing without any trace of horror or mayhem? Or is it a crop from a larger crime-scene photo, or perhaps a portrait of a deranged serial killer?

:wink:
:lol: Yes, yes it is just a straight up glamour shot. It is Louise Brooks, the most beautiful Hollywood Star ever IMO.

If you want I can throw some blood and guts in there ;) :P

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Nov 23rd 2004, 2:50 am

absolutely love it fnordboy!! very cool! 8)

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Nov 27th 2004, 3:16 pm

love your new avatar Sascha!!! :wink:

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 28th 2004, 2:33 am

emmie wrote:absolutely love it fnordboy!! very cool! 8)
Thank you :)

I always loved yours as well. I hope you continue wiht using her in your upcoming avatars, I just love looking at her, even when most of her face is covered she is absolutely stunning. Those damn eyes :oops:

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 16th 2004, 3:11 am

:( Emmie changed her av :(

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 16th 2004, 4:18 am

Emmie always has the best avatars!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Dec 16th 2004, 12:56 pm

It's great, emmie! Love the contrast of green and red.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Dec 16th 2004, 9:19 pm

fnordboy wrote::( Emmie changed her av :(
it's still from Amelie, fnordboy! :wink: I'll probably change it again soon though, she's difficult to see.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jan 11th 2005, 6:55 pm

Been awhile since I changed Avatars.

My favorite team of all time, the Houston Rockets, switched uniforms a couple of years back and this is their new logo. Finally got around to capturing an image of the right size to use. Thank you Photoshop.

-LanceMan