Jack, et al.

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
mia
Yearbook Team

Jack, et al.

Post by mia » Mar 29th 2002, 12:09 am

Anyone here I know? I'm in desperate need of an artistic outlet... hm.

You know, with your <font color=red>hair</font color=red> like that? It hurts to look at you.

Jack
Yearbook Team

Re: Jack, et al.

Post by Jack » Mar 30th 2002, 1:50 am

Mia,

Are you still on the board? I just arrived.

Your buddy,
Jack

worldsapart
Between Names

Post by worldsapart » Mar 31st 2002, 11:40 pm

I'm still hanging around here. I don't post as much anymore (mostly due to time constraints--I don't have time to read all the posts that show up here), but I am here. Are you two still at the same emails? It's been a while since we've corresponded!

Tracey

I mock you with my monkey pants

Jack
Yearbook Team

Post by Jack » Apr 1st 2002, 3:19 am

Tracey,

Both Mia and I are at the same e-mail addresses. I visit here quite often, but I don't have time to post (like you, I don't even have time to read all the posts). Remember the good old days when we would write long, detailed, analytical posts (some of mine were so long, they were like novellas). A bunch of us would stay on the board late into the night, posting, responding to each others posts, etc. That was great. Oh well, nothing lasts forever. How have you been? Send me an e-mail when you have time. Seeya.

your friend from the early days,
Jack

angelika
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by angelika » Apr 1st 2002, 10:05 pm

It's great to see some familiar names on the board. I left for a while... (spent the summer working at camp, as promised, and now I'm at college.) Just recently I decided to try to keep up with the board again. So many new names and all of this DVD stuff going on, I can hardly keep up! :-) So how are all of you? Doing well, I hope. It's great to hear from you all again.

Love,
~angelika~

worldsapart
Between Names

Post by worldsapart » Apr 1st 2002, 10:26 pm

My world is so crazy right now. This is the most I've written on here consistantly in nearly two years (granted, being in France for eight months did take up a considerable chunk of that). Anyway, I'm getting ready to graduate from college (not nearly soon enough) and preparing to enter the "real world."

OK, not really. My "real world" is going to be a bit odd. My parents are moving to Cinncinnati (because my dad's job is moving), but we are keeping our house here and my brother is staying here with me. I am going to be running the used bookstore that my family owns (my mom signed a 5 year lease for it a week before they found out about the move), so my leap into adulthood or whatever isn't going to be real drastic.

I HAVE started submitting my writing (for those that don't know or don't remember, I want to be a writer--a PUBLISHED writer, that is =) ) to magazines and the like. So far I've gotten one rejection letter, but even that made me happy because I proved to myself that I could actually get my butt in gear and get stuff moving. I'm still having problems forcing myself to write for me when I've got so much to write for school (I'm taking 4 upper division English classes), but I'm still doing better than I was 6 months ago. I've even started expanding my horizons a bit (originally I had planned to only write children's novels) and have been writing short stories, and I'm even trying to get into writing TV spec scripts and maybe eventually movie screenplays...it feels good to have a wide variety.

So anyway, just thought I'd give a broader update of my life and all. Hope all is going well for the rest of you. Later!

Tracey

PS - Hey Jack--how's that for a novel-length post? =) Bring back the old-schoolers! I know we still exist out there!

I mock you with my monkey pants

mia
Yearbook Team

ALOHA!!!

Post by mia » Apr 1st 2002, 11:09 pm

Here's hoping you check back for replies. I still haven't recieved that alledged new film, you know. Why is that, do you think? ;)

mwah. Call me! You have the number, right?

You know, with your <font color=red>hair</font color=red> like that? It hurts to look at you.

mia
Yearbook Team

Tracey!

Post by mia » Apr 1st 2002, 11:15 pm

Oh my!!! I'm getting all nostalgic all of a sudden. You're getting ready to GRADUATE? Amazing. So much has happened with me since we last talked. I'm back in ATL, I've hooked up with my soulmate... and it's really late at the moment. :P

Talk with you soon, babe!

mia
Yearbook Team

Hey!

Post by mia » Apr 1st 2002, 11:18 pm

What all have you been up to? I was getting rather homesick for the old crowd the other night, so I decided to raise the Bat Signal, so to speak. Has life been treating you well?

angelika
Let's Bolt Regular

Re: Hey!

Post by angelika » Apr 2nd 2002, 12:37 am

Life HAS been treating me well! I just started college this fall and I've had a great year so far. I'm tutoring at the county jail--(sounds scary at first, but it's been one of the most rewarding things I've ever done)--and I'm continuing to sing, sing, sing. I'm getting excited that school is out for us in about 4 1/2 weeks. After that I'll be home for 3 weeks before I head back to camp this summer as a counselor. Life is good. :-) It's so awesome to be back here and have such an alive message board! Tracey--sounds like things are going awesome for you! Best wishes to you during the last stretch of your senior year and as your prepare for graduation and the "adult life." Jack--great to see you here!! Any new exciting projects you'd like to share with us? You're always working on something interesting... :-) Mia--so good to see that you are back--you always have lots of interesting insight and fun new topics for us to discuss.

Looking forward to keeping in touch with all of you and seeing you on the board much more often,
~angelika~