Is everyone on vacation?

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
Stick
Liberty High Student

Is everyone on vacation?

Post by Stick » Mar 11th 2009, 5:53 pm

I really wish I started watching this a few years back. I understand that this show's more than a decade old now, (God, already?) but it seems like the slow flow of conversation we had here is getting even slower.
Has everyone taken a break or have we "analyzed everything in microscopic detail until it doesn't even exist anymore"?

Cami A.
Catalano

Re: Is everyone on vacation?

Post by Cami A. » Mar 12th 2009, 8:54 am

Stick,

the site often has lulls like this. That partially why I stopped coming here so often.
Every once in a while, I'll have a MSCL-rush, and come here with a whole bunch to say.
I only discovered the show a year ago-though. Some of the original fans, probably have got grown up lives to tend to, haha. I don't think u can analyze this show enough, it's got too many intricacies.
"So, the mouse makes pressure, just by breathing?...I can relate."

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Mar 15th 2009, 2:39 pm

yeah, there will always be something new you will find about the show, no matter how many times you've watched. I love this show and was fan when it originally aired. but for me, I like to have distance between my marathon viewings so that all those little nuances still show themselves to me, and so that I'm not just reciting lines each time I watch. but don't give up, keep posting, there are always new fans and members to the site who need to share their experiences and discuss everything!

Yukino
Tino

Post by Yukino » Mar 17th 2009, 1:55 pm

Well, it's normal that's like that since the serie aired long time ago. But I think the forum and this site is very useful for new fans and also for old fans that want to experience MSCL again. Anyway, I'm still amazed by the fact that this site is being updated now and then and that sometimes there are new posts on the forum. :) MSCL.com's admin and fans are making this site still online and not dead even after such a long time. :)
I'm sure this site and forum will still be a source in the next years for many new generation of fans and also for old fans too! :D

redordead
Tino

Post by redordead » Mar 17th 2009, 2:35 pm

I agree with all this! I absolutely loved it when it was first on and i watched with my new born baby, and now i adore it still and so does my 14 year old. Leaving a good gap inbetween viewings is brilliant as it's too important to just have on a reel. I find now that i watch Patti and Greame much more closely and their relationship with Angela. I really think it's the most brilliantly written thing that's ever been on tv, there are so many intricacies in the writing and scene setting and Claire Danes is so natural. FAB.

Cami A.
Catalano

Post by Cami A. » Mar 18th 2009, 12:57 am

redordead:

Love the user name! it's very clever. Makes me think of the whole opening 5 minutes of the pilot episode. This site is very valuable, but it can get a little slow at times. What I love is when new fans join up and open up conversation on the episodes, or something that hasn't been touched in a long time. Then I jump right back in. The greatest thing MSCL.com has done for me is to hook me up with other fans. In particular I met two good online friends who write MSCL fan fiction...we read each others work, criticize, and edit it. Having people who are as passionate about the show as me is really really great. Without this site I'd not have successfully written 18 chapters of my Rayanne fanfic, Between Names.
"So, the mouse makes pressure, just by breathing?...I can relate."

redordead
Tino

Post by redordead » Mar 26th 2009, 5:38 pm

Thanks for your reply. It's funny how after watching the show for so many years, i've only just come across this so-called forum! I've just finished my this years watch, and the thing that struck me this time is that Jordan is much more articulate than i first thought. The scene when Angela's ridden over to his house and he's working on his car, he definately has the upper hand - there's more than just grunting going on! And the bit when Angela's got the letter and he pulls her over into the corner and wants to tell her that he hadn't written it - that's not Brian talking (swoon)<3

Tish
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Tish » May 27th 2009, 8:40 pm

I'm not on vacation except the one from mind...where is everybody???* Babydoll* :shock:
"i am a punk rocker, and i fight for justice!"

4alifetime
Liberty High Student

Post by 4alifetime » Jul 17th 2009, 3:02 pm

This is a great topic. I wish there was a lot more going on here too. I could never get tired of discussing the show either and agree that every time you watch it you discover something new! I have found that I need this site so that I know I am not alone in my OBSESSION! A lot of my friends, and even my husband remember and love the show but they don't watch it all the time like I do or quote it constantly like I do!

I am guilty of leaving for long periods and them coming back(but in all fairness I had 2 babies 15 months apart!) but I am going to try be more regular. I know sometimes when I post something that doesn't get a response I think "hey what's up with that? how could not one single person have anything to say here?!" lol! So then I go and look for topics that haven't had activity for long periods or never even got a response(today i responded to one from 2001, we'll see what happens!) and try to revive them! Maybe if we all did that it would spark some interest. Think about it, if you were new or a guest and you posted something and no one responded you would lose interest. So who's with me?

I started a new game, along the lines of the word association game(which i LOVE). It's kind of a visual version of the word game, go check it out, I think I called it "MSCL "I Spy"-NEW GAME" and it's under "The Show"
There's so many different ways to be connected to people.
There are the people you feel this unspoken connection to,
even though there's not even a word for it.
There's the people who you've known forever, who know you in
this way that other people can't, because they've seen you
change...

they've let you change.

redordead
Tino

Post by redordead » Jan 8th 2010, 12:57 pm

Hi and thankyou for replying, you're right it is so uninspiring to be all geared up for a good discussion and then no body enters into it!

I've just watched the episode about the angel just on it's own and i much prefer it that way. I find when i've watched it as part of the series i get a bit fed up with it as i'm so desperate to see jordan and Angela together, but on it's own it was great, and as a parent of teenagers very poignant. Patty's reaction to the homeless children and wanting Angela to never visit them again was so typical and so wrong - it really gave me something to think about - what do you think?