Claire & Jared

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
Tomboy
Frozen Embryo

Claire & Jared

Post by Tomboy » Jan 1st 2008, 3:01 pm

Sometimes the romantic scenes in the show are so intense and I wonder, what all that kissing did do to a 13 year old. *g Well, to come to the point: I often thought about the relationship between Claire Danes and Jared Leto behind the screen. I know that there's quite a diffenrence in age between them; Claire was 13 and Jared must have been about 21. But do you think one of them fell for the other or both fell for each other or anything like that? Keeping in mind that she had a relationship with Matt Damon later - whom she met at a film set.

Christina_in_color
Nicky Driscoll

Re: Claire & Jared

Post by Christina_in_color » Jan 1st 2008, 10:17 pm

You know, I think she would have been too young for him, but I suspect there must have been some admiration between them. They are both beautiful, talented people. Jared stayed in character most of the time that he was on set but not acting, and so I don't know how well they got to know each other's true self. Is it shallow to want Claire and Jared to make out? LOL. I'm a HUGE Jordan and Angela fan, and I would pay to see any film that the two are romantically involved in. In the later episodes, Claire looks less like a child (because she was), and they look even better together as a couple.

Tomboy
Frozen Embryo

Post by Tomboy » Jan 2nd 2008, 9:34 am

I don't know if I WANT Claire and Jared to make out. Here in Germany making out with a 13 year old girl as an adult is even amerciable. But in my opinion it would be obvious. I mean, imagining myself at that age with a guy like Jordan Catalano around... (Well, my imagationation is not necessarily restricted to that age. ;-)) Hanging around with him at the set, kissing and talking about sex the whole time. It's a pitty that we don't know any rumors.

Christina_in_color
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Christina_in_color » Jan 2nd 2008, 11:00 pm

Yeah, if only we knew rumors. :wink:

Tomboy
Frozen Embryo

Post by Tomboy » Jan 3rd 2008, 10:14 am

(Uh, what kind of word did I made of "imagination" yesterday? Every time I think about Jordan Catalano my mind is going mad. ;-))

I found some interesting quotes, maybe you know them already, but they fit into the topic perfecly.

DANES: "I remember there was one scene with Jared where the direction was to kiss him all over his face. I didn't know what that meant because I hadn't really made out many times before. I was kind of slobbering all over him. He guided me through it and educated me on how to, like, make out. There were so many overlaps with our real adolescence. I was 13 when I did the pilot. I was having a rough time making sense of my development, my burgeoning sexual self, all of those unruly feelings that accompany that time. I was just so glad that I had a forum to kind of exercise these feelings. I mean, I had Jared Leto teaching me how to make out."

Wish I had had someone like that teaching me how to make out. *g

And I was astonished at that:
GUMMERSALL: "You would get a script and you'd think, God, this is so weird, I just went through this. Yeah, I was smitten with Claire. She knew it. But there was no, like, problems or anything. It was cool. We were just real good friends."
Misfortune twice?

source: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,692296_3,00.html

Christina_in_color
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Christina_in_color » Jan 3rd 2008, 2:52 pm

Thank you! Wow. I hadn't thought about Devon Gummersall actually being into Claire Danes. So it must not have been hard to act jealous when she was making out with Jared Leto. Speaking of Jared, he must have been an awesome make out teacher. They probably practiced a lot off screen to prepare for the scenes... LUCKY girl. But he was lucky too because he can claim that he taught the fabulous Claire Danes how to make out. :)

4alifetime
Liberty High Student

Post by 4alifetime » Jul 20th 2009, 2:54 pm

It's so weird to think of Claire needing to be taught how to make out, it seemed so natural for them on screen!

I don't think it did too much to Claire. Based on almost everything anyone involved in the show has said about her she was wise beyond her years and very mature. I can imagine it was just work to her...maybe her favorite days at work...but work!
There's so many different ways to be connected to people.
There are the people you feel this unspoken connection to,
even though there's not even a word for it.
There's the people who you've known forever, who know you in
this way that other people can't, because they've seen you
change...

they've let you change.

Tish
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Tish » Jul 26th 2009, 12:29 am

i heard in one of the commentaries in the 07 dvd release from one of producers or scott winant that 'Claire will kill me for saying this' but apparently Claire was smitten with Jared and so was Lisa Wilhoit.

i've had actual dreams that jared 'taught me' a few times. :wink:
"i am a punk rocker, and i fight for justice!"

4alifetime
Liberty High Student

Post by 4alifetime » Jul 27th 2009, 10:08 am

Tish, that's so funny!! I don't think I've had actual dreams about Jared, but maybe a few DAYdreams, lol!
There's so many different ways to be connected to people.
There are the people you feel this unspoken connection to,
even though there's not even a word for it.
There's the people who you've known forever, who know you in
this way that other people can't, because they've seen you
change...

they've let you change.