Halloween

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Halloween

Post by SanDeE* » Oct 29th 2004, 12:37 pm

What are MSCLifers dressing up as for Halloween this year?

:evilbat:

I'm going as a go-go dancer. I have these black leather knee-high high-heeled boots, a mini-tube dress with this really bright flower pattern on it, and a wide scarf for a headband. All I need is a wide belt! I have some dark eye makeup, too, and light pinkish/white lipstick. Awesome!

The boyfriend is going as Darth Maul tonight for his Halloween concert, then as a greaser for the parties this weekend. Perhaps pictures will be posted next week....? :)
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 29th 2004, 2:40 pm

Last year I went as a bus.
Last edited by pgh kenny on Dec 10th 2005, 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wicked
Catalano

Post by wicked » Oct 29th 2004, 3:17 pm

"So this is hell. I'd never have believed it. You remember all we were told about the torture-chambers, the fire and brimstone, the "burning marl." Old wive's tales! There's no need for red-hot pokers. HELL IS - OTHER PEOPLE!"

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 29th 2004, 4:01 pm

I love Halloween - candy, dressing up, parties. When I moved I even brought some of my favorite costumes with me (harem girl, black cat, devil) but this year I am going to my cousin's wedding over Halloween weekend. No, it isn't a costume ball theme either!

:cry:

My other sister was flabbergasted when she found out the date of our cousin's wedding because she had already assembled this awesome Moulin Rouge type costume. We bought bits and pieces of it at the mall over Christmas - black fingerless gloves and a garter belt/skirt combo at Victoria's Secret (both from the clearance bin so they were quite a find!), a corset at Charlotte Russe, plus she already has these awesome knee high boots, fishnets, and a choker. All she needed was a black tulle skirt and a feather for her hair.

One year my boss had an awesome costume. He cut up the end of an old tie and the ends of a dress shirt and stained the ends red. Then he put on a cardboard box (with holes cut out for his arms and head) so it looked like he was eaten by the shredder. The only problem was that he couldn't sit down in his chair.

Another year my boyfriend and I dressed up as a pimp and a ho. I had this awesome floorlength leopard print coat that I found for $20, red velvet pants, a black velvet shirt with red glitter flames, and a big old red pimp hat with leopard print trim. I already had the shirt and I borrowed the pants from my sister so it was serendipitous that I found the hat and coat to pull it all together.

My boyfriend wore a leopard print skirt and a gold halter top. My sister assessed his outfit before we left and yanked his skirt up another six inches. Hee! He also borrowed my sister's black and gold boa (Halloween is definitely a time when it comes in handy to have closets full of old dance costumes). He wore a really good wig that one of my friends had. Unfortunately he ruined that pair of my fishnets permanently. I have no idea how he managed to rip so many holes in them. It was actually more fun shopping for his outfit - we went to all the trashy club clothes type stores at the mall, found the skankiest outfits possible, then laughed as the poor high school girls working the dressing rooms almost had heart attacks when he asked for his own dressing room. We considered buying him a padded bra (and it was hilarious to see him trying on bras over his shirt in the underwear department of Target), but we ended up just blowing up some balloons and stuffing them inside his top.

He was a good sport about it, and it was really fun. Besides, it was a big improvement over his costume from the previous year - a medley of leftover crap that he bought when the Halloween stuff was on clearance. He had this gigantic wig ($1) and those glasses with the nose and moustache ($1) and an obnoxious Hawaiian shirt. As we were leaving to go out, I said, "What are you supposed to be?" His reply: "Gene Shalit."
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Oct 30th 2004, 2:03 am

I didn't dress for Halloween this year :oops: Last year I dressed as a modern, kind of punk rock, Alice in Wonderland (the English teacher's shameless tie in to the most significant books in children's literature). I loved that costume but I didn't want to do the same thing over again. Two years ago I was Rosie the Riveter, I looked just like the poster. I've dressed as Mrs. Haversham before. I thought about dressing up as myself as I was in high school, but as it was, I didn't come to work in a costume this year. I didn't want to borrow my mother's flapper dress, but I was kind of hoping that someone would just meet me in the bathroom and bring me an "actual" costume. I've thought about dressing as Angela, but I don't think that I could pull it off, and I doubt that anyone would get it. The high schoolers were rocking some great costumes though! A friend of mine is attending a dirty nursery rhymes party and has decided to go as Little Boy Blue Balls. :shock: As much as I love, love, love Halloween, I have to say, my favorite costume party takes place in the spring in my little college town -- the unofficial annual Sex Party, where you have to come in costume. It's HUGE, and basically the entire town attends. My favorite costume was when my friend dressed in a man's wrinkled tuxedo shirt, mussed her hair, slightly smudged the makeup, and donned a wilted corsage and attended the party as "The Morning After Prom"!

I don't know what I'll be for actual Halloween night ...

PGHKenny, I love the Office Space Ideas! I love when people make real, physical costumes, not just dress up. CG's shredder idea was great too. Hey! What about the destroyed fax machine from OS? "PC Load Letter"? What the f*** does that mean? Once, at a costume party for a my friend Gretchen, where everyone had to dress up as something that started with a "G", a girl came dressed as a bottle of Elmer's glue. It was seriously the cutest costume ever! She wore a white turtle neck and pants, and had made a great big elmer's bottle out of a box, and wore a small bight orange beenie on her head. (My friend, the host, and I, were so impressed we made an impromptu custume prize with a balloon and silver sharpie, but she didn't seem too appreciative -- when she left, the balloon stayed.)

Two most common costumes for boys at our school: Napoleon Dynomite and Emo kids. Most common for girls: fairies, ladybugs, things with wings, or at least short skirts. Four senior boys dressed in cycling outfits and rode their bikes all through campus today in a pack shouting things like "merge" and "passing" -- it was great. A student came into my 5th period today, turned on a boom box, pulled off his warm up pants to reveal a g-string (over flesh colored briefs) and proceeded to "shake it" all around the classroom, right up in people's faces, on the desks, around me, and then was gone. Several girls dressed as mothers from the town (I teach in an exceedingly wealthy community) -- it was great. (On a side note, I was told that I was "on a power trip" by a student who I would not let go to the bathroom a second time in one period. Yep, that's me, out to dominate the bladders of America's youths :twisted: :roll: )

By the way, HAPPY HALLOWEEN everyone!
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 30th 2004, 3:48 am

Jody Barsch* wrote:I have to say, my favorite costume party takes place in the spring in my little college town -- the unofficial annual Sex Party, where you have to come in costume. It's HUGE, and basically the entire town attends.
My sister is in Santa Barbara as we speak!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Oct 30th 2004, 2:27 pm

candygirl wrote:My sister is in Santa Barbara as we speak!
I'm so jealous! I miss SB!
Last edited by Jody Barsch* on Nov 12th 2004, 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

BriansAngst
Liberty High Student

Post by BriansAngst » Oct 30th 2004, 4:16 pm

Ah, SB is a great place.. loved going to Halloween in SB when I was in undergrad.. the parties were unparalleled! :P
Rickie: Oh, so they're back together, huh?
Brian : Yep. Of course, she's still gonna die someday! We're all gonna die!

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Oct 30th 2004, 4:21 pm

There is a huge crazy annual Halloween party downtown in Madison Wisconsin, too. It takes place all up and down State Street, and I used to go when I was in high school, just to watch all the college kids acting crazy. A friend of mine who goes there always asks me every year - Kristin, are you coming up here for the party?! And I never can! :cry:
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Oct 30th 2004, 4:46 pm

I've really been in the spirit of Halloween this year. mostly because I didn't do anything last year. but with the film festival going on, all of my friends are too busy. today we shot a short little film about two trick or treaters. the child actors were so cute, mostly because they weren't actors at all.

supposedly there is a great haunted house in town, and I feel like I'm pulling teeth to try and get some people to go. what a shame. don't you hate it when you have all this spirit, yet you are the only one? some of the film students are filming a halloween party, but that doesn't interest me, mostly because I don't like the guy directing. he would totally take all the fun out.

my costume this year is a beatnik. I have everything, and I get to put on fun makeup. I'm wearing black go-go boots and a short black skirt and black top. and since I'm usually in jeans and t-shirts, it will be a big surprise for most.

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Oct 30th 2004, 4:48 pm

or maybe I should dress up as Amelie dressing up as Zorro! :-P

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Oct 31st 2004, 3:42 pm

~~Kristin~~

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Oct 31st 2004, 8:56 pm

:shock:

Mmm, Heather Graham fetish! I'd light your Jack-o-lantern any day.

:mrgreen:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Nov 1st 2004, 11:34 am

nice costume Kristin
Last edited by pgh kenny on Dec 10th 2005, 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 1st 2004, 1:26 pm

great pictures pgh_kenny! I thought about dressing as a gothic fairy, but I didn't have the money to make that costume happen. So I just threw together stuff I already had, and voila! Mod/go-go dancer/funky bond girl. I didn't exactly base it on Heather Graham from Austin Powers 2, but I did pop in that dvd to see how she did her makeup. I've never worn more eye makeup in my life! :D

~~Kristin~~