Tom Leykis

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Tom Leykis

Post by Nothingman » Jul 21st 2004, 7:19 pm

Are there any 101 students out there? Love him? Hate him? Never heard of him?
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jul 21st 2004, 10:10 pm

Hate Hate Hate this guy. I do not see the appeal at all for him. Thankfully he bombed here in NYC very quickly.

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Jul 22nd 2004, 9:59 pm

Never heard of him but if Fnordboy hates him I guess I do too!
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jul 23rd 2004, 10:22 am

Well there is no doubt that he elicites a stong response from most people, whether it be good or bad. I love Tom and listen to him just about everyday at work (for anyone in the dark, he's a radio talk show host). He's actually still on in NYC, but maybe he changed stations. Most often he's taken off the air because he's too pungent even though he gets great ratings. I think most of his ideas on male/female interaction are dead on, even if I wish they weren't that way, I cannot deny it's the way they really are.

For anyone wanting to listen to love or hate him, you can listen to archived shows commercial free at http://www.leykisonline.com
You can listen to short clips immediately, and sign up for a password to listen to all the archived shows. It's free and you won't recieve a bunch of spam for submitting your email.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jul 23rd 2004, 12:44 pm

Nothingman wrote:Well there is no doubt that he elicites a stong response from most people, whether it be good or bad. I love Tom and listen to him just about everyday at work (for anyone in the dark, he's a radio talk show host). He's actually still on in NYC, but maybe he changed stations. Most often he's taken off the air because he's too pungent even though he gets great ratings. I think most of his ideas on male/female interaction are dead on, even if I wish they weren't that way, I cannot deny it's the way they really are.
What is he on in NYC now? What I was referring to was several years back. He was on after Opie and Anthony and he quickly got canned. O&A use to mock him repeatedly. He is/was a joke IMO. He is always talking about how he "bangs" all these "hot chicks"....but have you seen his picture? Without paying for it he ain't getting it.

He wasn't getting good ratings at all in NYC, he might be doing well in LA and other places, but NYC is what makes or breaks you on radio IMO.

I also hate his voice. It just rubs me the wrong way.

:D

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jul 23rd 2004, 12:51 pm

K-man wrote:Never heard of him but if Fnordboy hates him I guess I do too!
:) :lol:

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jul 23rd 2004, 2:57 pm

I seem to be mistaken. Tom did a show from a NYC station a couple months ago, so I assumed he was being syndicated there. But I can't seem to find that show, or a station that carries him there currently. The commercial free versions off the web are better anyway, except you can't call in.

I completely agree that Tom is hidious, he admits it and rates himself as a 1. But he is banging all the hot chicks he is talking about, and if you listen, he'll tell you how he's doing it. Basically it's due to his 7 figure income and having confidence. He isn't paying for it however, he's simply providing the illusion that he will spend money on them, and by the time they figure out he won't or give up trying to change him, he simply moves on and has gotten what he wanted. His methods work, the are countless students out there calling in and testify to that fact. I have even seen results in my own life as I have begun to apply his rules.

Though I cannot deny NYC is a huge market, and can make or break you. Tom is #1 for 18-45 yr olds in LA and Seattle, I'd say it's safe to say he made it. But at the time he was on after O&A he had yet to really find his niche, and I can understand your judgement based on that.