MySpace

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

MySpace

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jul 3rd 2004, 1:36 pm

:?: Anybody on this? A friend of mine is sending me an invitation and I'm not sure if I should join... Any feedback?
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 3rd 2004, 2:52 pm

It's similar to friendster or tribe.net, so if you're into that kind of thing it's cool.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jul 3rd 2004, 4:45 pm

Yeah, I haven't done any of that stuff. This is the only internet thing I do.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

MyLifeIsBrians
Yearbook Team

Post by MyLifeIsBrians » Jul 13th 2004, 9:26 am

Sounds cool. It`s like http://www.metails.com. I always go there when I`m bored. I`ve met a couple of cool people. It could`nt hurt to join.
There`s Something About My Life....

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Mar 20th 2006, 1:08 am

I finally started a myspace page. There's no blogging yet. But there are pictures and a slide show of album covers. Anyway, please be my friend on myspace. I'm lonely.

http://www.myspace.com/michaelwaller
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

schris
Between Names

Post by schris » Mar 20th 2006, 6:19 pm

My brother and my two sisters have a myspace. I haven't joined - no real reason... but they are always on and like it a lot. My sister who lives in CA off and on through the year keeps in touch with her friends out there through myspace. I think its pretty cool.

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Mar 21st 2006, 6:32 pm

I'm using MySpace as a way to link my internet aliases. It's also pretty neat to know how many people have viewed my page and to add friends, join groups, etc. Plus, Buffalo Tom is now one my friends! I'm also pimping (or advertising) mscl.com and Case's Ladder. Having a MySpace page is kinda fun.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 22nd 2006, 11:30 pm

If you are into the friendster/tribe.net/myspace type sites, try http://www.facebook.com too!

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Mar 23rd 2006, 12:28 am

I have a myspace page because my summer workmates wanted to hear my music, but I couldn't burn a million cds for everybody, and they said I could post mp3s on it. Generally, I don't like myspace very much. It tends to load kinda slowly and a lot of people I have no idea who they are ask to by my friends. I feel a little weird about that.

Good call, candygirl - I LOVE facebook! You need to have a school email address to join, and I feel like it's more of a community because you can see only people from your school and people who are your friends, that you approved to see your profile.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Mar 23rd 2006, 9:32 pm

I never thought to look for a forwarding e-mail address from my college alumni site. I created one. I might join facebook too.

Myspace is sort of trendy now. It seems like everybody has a myspace page. It's really big with kids and podcasts. I'm not surprised that it is slow sometimes.
TomSpeed

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Mar 29th 2006, 1:02 pm

so I got a myspace page too. I made it over the christmas break, mostly because I was bored. I hardly ever check up on myspace because I almost don't see the point. I guess it's more of a friendly meeting place for people you know? of course, sometimes it just seems like a popularity contest with people I hardly know trying to add me as a friend. or maybe I'm just being negative?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 29th 2006, 10:26 pm

Friendster was really exciting at first because it allowed me to find some old friends and get back in touch with people I'd lost track of. Once that was done, I logged in pretty infrequently. I resisted joining tribe because I felt like I'd already done what I wanted to do using friendster. Then I resisted myspace specifically because it seemed too trendy and the friend adding was way more out of control than friendster. I mean, does anyone really have 5978643156761 friends? I will be the first to admit that I don't. Even with friendster, I started getting annoyed when people I knew (who were acquaintances rather than friends) kept asking me to add them as friends. I wanted to keep my friends list confined to people who really were my friends. I registered at facebook to look for some old friends who I didn't find at classmates or friendster, but I haven't bothered doing my profile or anything.

I would like to add that I hate classmates! They allow anyone to send messages but you have to upgrade to a paid membership in order to READ these messages. A friend of mine from high school sent me a message last week and I haven't decided if it's worth it to give classmates my money just so I can read this one message.

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Mar 30th 2006, 1:45 am

Wow, that sounds like a bad deal with Classmates. I've been kind of curious about something lately regarding old classmates: A friend of mine who was a senior in HS when I was a freshman told me he had a 5-year HS reunion a few years ago. Now I'm coming up on 5 years done with HS, and I'm wondering if people in my grade were organized enough to make a little reunion happen. My friend said his was really casual - at a bar (where else would it be in Wisconsin?!?), no big deal. Show up if you want. I would go to that kind of reunion. I wouldn't want to wear a name tag or be in a HS gym or anything.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 30th 2006, 5:08 am

At my high school, what used to happen was that the class officers would get a kick in the ass from someone at the school to let them know, "By the way, your ten year reunion is coming up and SURPRISE! You're in charge of planning it!" Now the school has switched to just paying a company to organize them each year. It probably saves the school a bunch of money since I'm sure the company has deals with the local hotels where they hold the reunion. Although we traditionally had the homecoming and winter formal dances in our school gym, we always had the prom off site at a nice hotel or convention center. Translation: our high school doesn't have those movie style reunions at the high school gym where people can take nostalgic trips down the hallways and reminisce about which locker they had. The reunions are always held at banquet rooms in hotels downtown. Of course, my high school class had 600 people so I guess they would want a bigger facility than the gym.

The bummer is that this company doesn't bother trying to track people down by just sending an announcement to our parents' addresses. If you weren't registered on classmates, you got NO notification about the reunion at all. Lazy asses!

My friend went to a small high school in the same city as mine, and they have an unofficial reunion every year the day after Thanksgiving at the same bar. Everyone knows to stop by the bar that Friday night to see everyone. It's not just his class though - it's the entire high school.

My other friend's reunion was a mixed event. Friday night's event was held at a local bar/club so it was very casual. Saturday during the day was a picnic, then Saturday night was the official nametag in the gym event. Sunday morning was farewell brunch. It's a lot if you go to all the events, but I could see going to one of the daytime events or just going to the bar on Friday night.

If you really want the casual five year reunion, you should organize it! That way you can make sure it isn't some crazy nametag type of event.

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Mar 30th 2006, 12:58 pm

Eh, I don't think I was popular enough for people to remember me. Although, you never know. Maybe I would consider planning one if I lived back home. So many people from my high school went to our hometown college, UW Madison, that if you go out to some of the bars around campus it's like a high school reunion anyway, with all the people you run into.

~~Kristin~~