google mail

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
MyLifeIsBrians
Yearbook Team

Post by MyLifeIsBrians » Nov 24th 2004, 11:55 pm

I feel like such a loser. My computer crashed and my work got really busy so I have`nt been to this board in months. I had maybe a million and one e-mails. I ca`nt remember if I sent you an invite or not. Let me know I have 11 left. Sorry if I have`nt yet. Just let me know.

Carrie
There`s Something About My Life....

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Dec 20th 2004, 3:07 pm

I have three gmail invites left. If someone wants one, just send me a PM with your name and email address.

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Dec 20th 2004, 9:20 pm

Sascha (sab) wrote:I have three gmail invites left. If someone wants one, just send me a PM with your name and email address.
I have a few left too if anyone wants one.

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Dec 20th 2004, 11:43 pm

if only people knew how great gmail was. none of my friends want to change their email addresses. I just can't get rid of my invites! haha.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 21st 2004, 1:59 am

Tell me about it. I have like 5 invites left :lol:

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Dec 21st 2004, 6:24 am

It looks like Gmail is getting closer to ending their beta-phase. They're sending lots of invites out. Just check the statistic at the Gmail Spooler site: http://isnoop.net/images/gmailomaticstats.png

There's a huge peak in donated invites in the last five days. And personally, I'm not too happy with gmail. The spam filter is too aggressive. I had a lot of "false positives" -- mostly from mailing-lists. That's pretty annoying (but I already gave gmail feedback on that -- and probably got even more invites because of my feedback ;-))

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Dec 21st 2004, 7:21 am

Yahoo recently upgraded their storage capacity to 250 megabytes per free account. Meanwhile, there are rumors that Google is preparing to launch a browser in direct competition with IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

I don't really have a burning need for this stuff, but it's good to know there are plenty of options.

:idea:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Dec 21st 2004, 8:57 pm

I like gmail because it's so easy to find old posts. I just like the setup of everything, it's easier than any other email service I've used. I've had yahoo since '97, and I can't stand it. I get about 50 spam emails a day. their filter no longer works and I've reached my maximum on banned email addresses. gmail may be strict on their filters, but that's better than the alternative. man, I sound like an ad! :shock:

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 22nd 2004, 1:10 am

I use no web based free email programs exceot gmail. I like it. I have been using POP3 and one of my hosts webmail prog for so long now that I couldn't even think of going back to one of these free services, but I gave gmail a shot on a whim and I actually really like it. Of course I don't use it on a daily basis, but I have not had a problem with the spam filter at all, it has actually not allowed one piece of spam in my inbox, nor did it put good mail in the spam area.

I am interested in the browser, though I am perfectly happy with Firefox.