DON'T Go Away!

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

DON'T Go Away!

Post by So-Called Loon » May 15th 2004, 3:51 am

Ahhh. So glad to see this site is still around. Having been through the DVD fiasco as an original petition signee, it would be disturbing to find this site gone. I'd hate to see AnotherUniverse outlast it, though i see that site is still in oblivion.

Depressing how many interesting sounding sites i visit on the web, only to find they haven't been updated since 2001 or 2002.

While there have been a handful of fair shows off and on, i've still to see anything to rival MSCL for originality and sheer brilliance.

Haven't seen any work by any of the stars, unfortunately, that really rivalled the MSCL days.

Claire seems to star only in films doomed to box office failure, or has supporting parts in films where she is underutilized.

I haven't seen AJ Langer since her promising starts on 2 failed drama series years ago.

"Graham" ( :roll: cast names are becoming hazy)(Tom Irwin) has been quite impressive in his TV appearances, especially CSI. I caught "Brian" on Without a Trace. I had to watch closely and listen carefully to his voice for several minutes before i could be sure it was him.

Every once in a while, the question nags me: What happened to the Angela, Jordan, Brian triangle after that last wrenching scene?!

:( :cry:
Last edited by So-Called Loon on May 25th 2004, 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: DON'T Go Away!

Post by Sascha » May 15th 2004, 5:26 am

So-Called Loon wrote:Ahhh. So glad to see this site is still around. Having been through the DVD fiasco and there at beginning, it would be disturbing to find this site gone.
Don't worry - the site is going to be around for quite a while. If we wanted to shut it down, we'd have done so in the last week...

But we have still plans for this site. Right now it's in the process of being moved to a new server, this will hopefully also put an end to the occasional server crashes.

It's getting quiet here in the forum - that's sad -- but we still have more activity than before the DVDs came along :-)

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » May 15th 2004, 2:42 pm

Huh, I never thought of the site closing (I guess that's because this is the only forum I've ever visited).

I had been visiting the site on and off since it opened, posting as a guest now and then, but as you said Sascha, I never registered until the DVD thing two years ago. And while I still visit the site in spurts, I'm glad to hear it will still be there the next time I do! (Although I'm still a little iffy on what a server actually is -- molecules and the internet, all a little mind boggling for me, but I can write 50 pages on the ellipses ... :D )
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » May 25th 2004, 2:31 pm

The thought of not being able to come and hang out at MSCL.com and post in the forum is frightening for me. I have not been able to access the internet for a long time now but for the time being I should be "on-line" daily. I can say that it seems to me the board here is rather slow since the last time I was on it regularly. :( But I'm not worried. I have seen it a lot slower than this and there always seems to be at least a few Lifers out there who post and keep it rollin'. Big Thanks to Sascha and M Glenn for all their work and time keeping MSCL.com up and flying.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Debs
Liberty High Student

Post by Debs » May 25th 2004, 3:22 pm

I will never leave you MSCL.com xxx
Mom. Streamers?

MyLifeIsBrians
Yearbook Team

Post by MyLifeIsBrians » May 25th 2004, 8:01 pm

I love this forum. I am so glad I found it. It is one of the best well rounded forums period. If it ever goes away I would be really incredibly upset.
There`s Something About My Life....

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » May 26th 2004, 9:16 am

I agree. I panic a bit whenever the site goes down. I become convinced that one of legal issues often mentioned has somehow escalated and resulted in the site being pulled forever.
Debs wrote:I will never leave you MSCL.com xxx

:) same here.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » May 27th 2004, 8:00 pm

K-man wrote:The thought of not being able to come and hang out at MSCL.com and post in the forum is frightening for me. I have not been able to access the internet for a long time now but for the time being I should be "on-line" daily. I can say that it seems to me the board here is rather slow since the last time I was on it regularly. :( But I'm not worried. I have seen it a lot slower than this and there always seems to be at least a few Lifers out there who post and keep it rollin'. Big Thanks to Sascha and M Glenn for all their work and time keeping MSCL.com up and flying.
K-Man,

Glad to see you back. I wholey (spelling?) agree. MSCL.com has become part of my life. Been busy of late with much life stuff. I always look forward to coming back and seeing what people think about the events, movies and just the ordinary things of life both frustrating and spectacular.

I hope the move to a new server goes smoothly.

-LanceMan

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » May 27th 2004, 9:47 pm

As Sascha said not to worry we plan on being here for quite a while longer.

Heck as we approach the 10th anniversary of the first airing I have to sit and wonder if people won't still be talking about the show and sending us the "I've just watched MSCL. I love it. My favorite character is ..." emails on the 20th anniversary.
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand