Original MTV VJ Dead

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » May 28th 2004, 5:27 pm

It is funny how I associate certain years or periods of my life with different aspects of MTV. Where I was or what I was doing when such and such or so and so was on MTV. It has been and continues to be such a big part of life for me. I say that ALL reality shows are a rip off the Real World. I love the Real World. On another note....is this current season in San Diego the most BORING real world yet or is it just me.?.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Post by Guest » May 29th 2004, 2:22 am

Oh no, you are accurate....the San Diego season is definately the most boring. Hasn't been good for awhile. I think they need to stop trying so hard with the casting. Drama queens do not make good drama. They make me want to stick a fork in their necks. I am hoping to God that Frankie leaves the show never to return. I can't think of a more pathetic representation of a life on broadcast tv show in a while. She is ridiculous. Wish they could go back to the season 1 formula where they were just living together and going about their own lives instead of being forced to work together and indulging in bottomless bottles of beer. I am tired of seeing the castmates acting for the camara and playing eveything up. Get over yourselves for chrissake. They need to cast people that have never owned a television and have never seen an episode of the show....and it would be so much better.

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » May 31st 2004, 8:40 am

Real World: London was the only cast I really liked, and could actually picture myself living with for several months. Any of the others I would've gone postal on.

We had an "I want my MTV" blitz here once, when the local cable reshuffled its channels. This was pre-digital, so there were only about 50 slots to go around, and MTV got dealt out. The teens and college students got whiney real fast, and I think they even made placards and marched in protest. Cable company figured it out soon enough.
candygirl wrote:I could be wrong, but I think that The Heights aired on Fox, home of 90210 and other 90s Aaron Spelling shows. I remember Jamie Walters went on to play Donna's abusive boyfriend on 90210, and I still remembered Charlotte Ross from playing a prostitute on Days of Our Lives. :mrgreen: The last thing I remember from The Heights is that "How Do You Talk to an Angel" hit number one the same week that the show was cancelled. Hahahaha!

Just imagine what I would be capable of if I cleared out useless facts like that and used my brain for other stuff.
The other day I was watching West Wing when I realized that Richard Schiff was the man with the newspaper in Ronin, but just now I checked it on IMDB and it wasn't him, it was Ron Perkins. That devastates me.

:roll:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain