Mental Meltdown / Saturn Return

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
kidbro77
Three Rivers Resident

Mental Meltdown / Saturn Return

Post by kidbro77 » Feb 9th 2004, 7:39 pm

I'm not sure how old most people in this forum are, but I'm betting there's some folk who are around my age. I just turned 27 last month and was told it was the start of my Saturn Return which lasts till I'm 30.

Saturn Return being: the planet Saturn realigns itself into the same position it was in when u were born - hence, causing a "rebirth" of sorts, hence creating changes and doubt and screwing up your life!

So today I'm feeling rather dark. Anyone care to join me? Anyone else feel like that they have no idea what to do with their lives? Are you like me - hating your job, hating your lovelife (or lackthereof), and just floating aimlessly through the days, going through the motions?
-------------------------------
Blog: http://www.livejournal.com/users/oyvavoy

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Feb 9th 2004, 9:10 pm

Ya that pretty much describes the way everyone I know is feeling. Well everyone between the ages of 23-30. A lot of the same people are also having anxiety problems. I try to overcome the going through the motions feeling by attaching as much significance as I can to everything. Sort of build things up in my mind so that everything seems important. Sometimes it leads to unnecessary stress and a bit of that anxiety I mentioned but I prefer that to the general feeling of emptiness and meaninglessness. Plus I'm a pretty positive person anyway which helps me to rationalize away feelings of depression and meaninglessness and all that crap. What really gets me is more so the feeling that even if I shift my behaviour and change my routines and goals and such I'll still just feel like i'm going through the motions. that's what I really struggle with is mustering the motivation to improve things because it seems like I'll just end up unsatisfied anyway. Hopefully your message just depressed me a little and this isn't my real outlook I hadn't given this a lot of thought until reading your post. I don't know much about astrology so I don't know how much Saturn has to do with it but it sucks so we should probably lobby the government to blow up Saturn just to be safe.

sirhansirhan
Account Suspended

I ate all of the burritos

Post by sirhansirhan » Feb 10th 2004, 10:44 am

Maybe it's just you Canadians.

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Feb 10th 2004, 11:19 am

The thought had occurred to me. Possibly Seasonal Affected Disorder or some such thing is making things seem gloomier than they really are. Though come to think of it I don't believe they have much of that in Vancouver. If it is just a Canadian thing then all the more reason for our government to work toward exploding Saturn.

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Feb 12th 2004, 2:21 am

My discount-shelf astrology books place the Saturn orbit at about 29 1/2 years. It does bring change, but it could be for the better. So if your life sucks now, the Saturn-return could be an up thing. Then again, those cheap astrology books could be full of crap, you never know...

:D
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Feb 12th 2004, 9:24 am

Damn. My plans for Saturn's destruction are already under way. Now you tell me this change could be a good thing. I really should have given this more thought.

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Feb 12th 2004, 11:36 am

Go ahead and blow it up anyway grim, you can worry about the concequences later. If it ends badly just blame it on shotty intelligence. As long as you believe that Saturn poses a real and immediate threat the people of Canada(which it clearly does) then you can do whatever you want. :wink:
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Feb 12th 2004, 2:46 pm

Nothingman wrote:Go ahead and blow it up anyway grim, you can worry about the concequences later. If it ends badly just blame it on shotty intelligence. As long as you believe that Saturn poses a real and immediate threat the people of Canada(which it clearly does) then you can do whatever you want. :wink:
:lol: