Ready for some football

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Feb 9th 2005, 6:29 am

I was listening to WTMX yesterday and they were saying on there that last year's boobie moment was the most TIVO'd moment of 2004... so there's the silent majority who really thought it was cool!

Let's reeeeeeeeeewind and see that again! Oh god, I'm so dismayed that there's a boob on TV. I'd better just make sure that really is what I was seeing........ reeeeeeeeeeewind! :wink:

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Feb 9th 2005, 12:32 pm

starbug wrote:I was listening to WTMX yesterday and they were saying on there that last year's boobie moment was the most TIVO'd moment of 2004... so there's the silent majority who really thought it was cool!

Let's reeeeeeeeeewind and see that again! Oh god, I'm so dismayed that there's a boob on TV. I'd better just make sure that really is what I was seeing........ reeeeeeeeeeewind! :wink:
LOL!

Yeah, I don't know and can't even begin to explain America's dysfunctional attitude toward nudity. You can bet though that particular moment of history has been saved to various hard drives around the world.

-LanceMan

schris
Between Names

Post by schris » Feb 9th 2005, 12:50 pm

I also thought that the Halftime Show was boring. They really went for safe when the picked Paul McCartney. I thought it was funny how all the people that were around the stage during the performance were like 16-20 and they were acting like they were at a Back Street Boys concert. They were too excited to see Paul McCartney and must have been paid to act like that. :wink:

schris
Between Names

Post by schris » Feb 10th 2005, 11:28 am

Oh and I was reading an article the other day about how McNabb was really sick during the game and that's why he was playing so bad. He had no rushing yards, threw those interceptions and even Freddy Mitchell had to call some plays in the huddle because McNabb was going to be sick - if you know what I mean. Crazy!

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Feb 10th 2005, 3:50 pm

Yeah, I saw those reports too. But just yesterday I saw a report saying "McNabb: I was not ill Sunday" So who knows.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Feb 16th 2005, 8:46 pm

Kristin wrote:Yeah, I saw those reports too. But just yesterday I saw a report saying "McNabb: I was not ill Sunday" So who knows.
Yup,

Heard those reports to. Saw articles about McNabb trying to lure Shane Alexander of the Seahawks and Musin Muhammed of the Panthers to Phily.

-LanceMan

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Mar 10th 2005, 6:01 pm

15 Seasons!

Brett Farve is good to go for one more season at least... :D
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

schris
Between Names

Post by schris » Mar 10th 2005, 7:41 pm

Awesome! He is one of the great ones IMHO. It will be wierd when he's not playing anymore...

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Mar 11th 2005, 10:31 pm

Kristin wrote:15 Seasons!

Brett Farve is good to go for one more season at least... :D
That is tremendous! Yeah Brett and yeah Kristin!

:D

-LanceMan

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

football

Post by lance » Apr 18th 2005, 9:56 pm

:shock:

Looks like football coverage will be changing drastically.

see:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns

Apparently, starting in 2006 Monday Football will no longer be on ABC.

Again, :shock:

but will be on ESPN. Adding to the fun is the fact that Sunday night football that was on ESPN will now be on NBC.

-LanceMan

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Apr 19th 2005, 9:34 am

That sucks - I don't have cable. Yes, I can still watch on Sundays on NBC, but the reception for ABC comes in on my TV so much better than NBC! Darnit!

The new PACKERS schedule just came out, and it looks like my choices for a game this year are either Christmas day or New Year's day. Argh. That's so weird.

~~Kristin~~

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jul 29th 2005, 12:40 am

So anybody looking forward to this season?

I am. Don't know if my Cowboys will go anywhere this season.

:roll:

Grrr.

But hope Springs eternal this year. Will the Saints finally make it to the playoffs? Will the Bengals and the Seahawks finally, finally end their respective decades long playoff droughts and win on this year? Can the Eagles make it back and win the Superbowel? Will Ricky Williams and Randy Moss actually help out their teams?

Don't know but should be fun.

Here is MSNBC's team by team preview.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8667961/

-LanceMan

schris
Between Names

Post by schris » Jul 29th 2005, 1:42 pm

I can't wait for the season to start! Those are all great questions Lance - it will be interesting to see how it all plays out. I think its odd that Ricky Williams is back. That will also be interesting to see how that goes. Can't Wait!!

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Jul 29th 2005, 7:07 pm

Bucs, Bucs, Bucs, baby!

Ricky who? His "retirement" was a joke. "Why did you leave football, Ricky?" "I wanted to smoke grass." A year out of a running back's career is a big chunk of time lost. On average, I think that they last four or five years. The best runners last longer, but is he one of the best? I say like Harry Truman and others from the "Show me State," show me!
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Sep 15th 2005, 11:13 pm

The Saints won!

:D

How cool is that! Granted here I was watching the game with 30 seconds left until they cut to the San Fran game. Still way to go Saints!

Also how about them Cowboys! Too bad about the Seahawks.

Not so good for the Eagles.

-LanceMan