Ready for some football

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jan 14th 2005, 9:55 pm

Kristin wrote:You don't mess with Packers fans, the greatest fans in the world. :wink:

I read he was getting fined $75,000 - but that was on Monday, so maybe it's changed. $100,000 probably is too much, but I do believe he needs some punishment.
IMHO I don't think Randy Moss' behavior was anything out of the ordinary for a pro athlete. I've certainly seen worse. I do agree with you Kristin about Moss getting out of the stadium in one piece though. I just feel for the security guys who had to get him off the field and onto his team bus.

-LanceMan

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jan 15th 2005, 4:34 pm

My boyfriend and I were talking about this yesterday, and he said that Moss was fined $10,000. Which of course is not much money to a pro athlete. Anyway, my boyfriend also heard that Moss said he only did the mooning thing because GB fans did it to the Vikings tour bus. Oh yeah, that's a great excuse. I only pooped in my pants because my 2-year-old cousin did it. The difference here is that Moss is in the spotlight every week in front of millions of people. Fans are fans, if they act stupid, that's their problem. Grow up, Randy.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jan 15th 2005, 10:17 pm

Saturday night during the NFL playoffs, doesn't get much better than this.

Jets vs Steelers...

:shock:

The Jets had this game, they so had this game but couldn't finish the deal. Way to go Steelers.

-LanceMan

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jan 16th 2005, 3:00 pm

Today, all I have to say is GO EAGLES!!!

(just because they are playing the Vikings...) :twisted:
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

schris
Between Names

Post by schris » Jan 24th 2005, 1:41 pm

So what does everyone think of who is going to the playoffs? I would have liked to see Atlanta go but Im happy that Philly is going. And if Pittsburg would have showed up for the game, then we could of had a PA superbowl! But New England killed them. It will be an awesome game on the 6th. I think I will cheer for Philly....

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jan 24th 2005, 5:46 pm

I'm with you. I'm rooting for the Eagles this time around. I'm sick of NE. But alas, I will not get very excited about this superbowl because... well... you know.

~~Kristin~~

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jan 24th 2005, 7:14 pm

Kristin wrote:I'm with you. I'm rooting for the Eagles this time around. I'm sick of NE. But alas, I will not get very excited about this superbowl because... well... you know.
Yesterday I was, well what else temp'in. So I didn't get to see the games in real time.

Outside of where I was working I noticed a small bar where the games where on. You could hear the game from the front door where a security guard was posted. Anyway, I worked hard from 12 to 7. About 3:30 PST or so I stumbled out to make use of the facilities when I paused to ask the guard.

"So who won the Falcons or the Eagles?"

The guard shrugged, " I don't know but the guys in green seemed very happy."

:D

My Vegas brother is on the road today sporting his large, gorgeous, Eagles jacket. People from the skycap to the flight attendants keep congratulating him on the Eagles win, like he was on the team or something.

He calls me from Atlanta's airport. He went into a sporting goods shop. The man at the desk saw his jacket and said, "We won't sell you any Eagles stuff."

My brother paused, "Ya mean you won't sell Eagles stuff because this is Atlanta or ...."

The man cut him off, "No sir, we sold out of all or Eagles stuff."

:shock: :D

As a diehard Cowboys fan what can I say but "Go Eagles!"

-LanceMan

EWU MSCL fan
Overlooked Sibling

Super Bowl Pregame Analysis

Post by EWU MSCL fan » Jan 27th 2005, 4:16 am

Less than 2 weeks until the Super Bowl and by the time of the game its more than likely that the sports analysts will have analyzed every part of each team that they could tell you what the play being called before the play is even called. So here is to the overanalyzes of the Super Bowl, may you end quickly so the world doesn't go insane waiting for the game on Febraury 6th.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

superbowl

Post by lance » Feb 8th 2005, 12:50 am

Good game. Congrats to the Patriots.

Hard loss for the Eagles but they will be back. Being 18 million under salary cap will definately help.

Interesting thing, Did any of you catch when Fox played U2's "Sunday, Bloody Sunday"? I was a bit uncomfortable with the idea of song about the killling of Irish civilians as a promotional plug for football.

An online commentator quipped that perhaps next year during a Browns-Bengals game Fox might play "Ohio" by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. That song being about the killing of 4 Vietnam protestors by the Ohio National Guard at Kent State University.

-LanceMan

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Feb 8th 2005, 1:08 pm

Yeah, I thought Sunday Bloody Sunday was poorly chosen as well. I understand how the first chorus could relate to football, but I don't think anyone who knows what the song's about would find it in good taste. It's a tragic song, not a battle cry.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Re: superbowl

Post by SanDeE* » Feb 8th 2005, 1:11 pm

lance wrote: Interesting thing, Did any of you catch when Fox played U2's "Sunday, Bloody Sunday"? I was a bit uncomfortable with the idea of song about the killling of Irish civilians as a promotional plug for football.

An online commentator quipped that perhaps next year during a Browns-Bengals game Fox might play "Ohio" by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. That song being about the killing of 4 Vietnam protestors by the Ohio National Guard at Kent State University.
I didn't notice the songs much, but then again I barely had the game on at all. Just the very beginning and the very end. But yes, I think that's rather odd that they'd play "Sunday Bloody Sunday". And, taking the FCC thing to the extreme here, isn't the word bloody somewhat of a swearword in the UK? Then they probably shouldn't broadcast that word during one of the most-watched events of the year. :wink: I also read that the FCC this year only got 2 complaints about the halftime show, both about how boring it was. The rest of the complaints (around 30) were all about the commercials, and there were 2 who complained AGAIN about the Janet Jackson thing that happened last year. Wow, get over it.

But if you are doing the math, that's about 35 total this year compared to over 500,000 last year.

I got mad during the post-game awards ceremony because they were saying to the NE coach that he was like Vince Lombardi, and Vince would be looking down today proud of him. :evil: WRONG!!!! No coach could ever be like Vince. Sorry! Ask any Packers fan. So I got mad at that and turned off the tv.

~~Kristin~~

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Feb 8th 2005, 1:43 pm

I had a thought during this years Super Bowl about last years Halftime Show. Maybe it was the plate of hotwings, or my 25 yr old sex drive, or maybe it was just because I was on my 5th gin and tonic, but I thought to myself "I'd like to see some titty at halftime again". Now, I understand why parents where all upset and the whole indecency issue, but really, a little boobie would only add to the game for me. But next time could we get a fresh boobie, like Lindsey Lohan, not an almost 40 boobie. At that point I had a momment of clarrity amongst my thoughts of boobies, and realised the irony that I was the demographic that last year was marketed too and that is why it happened, because I would like it. But since I have no representation in our gov't, there was a huge backlash. Face with the huge dichotomy of the situation I had no choice but to eat more hotwings, have another gin and tonic, and resume my thoughts of football and sex.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Feb 8th 2005, 4:13 pm

I love it Nothingman! I totally agree with you. Unfortunately, I missed the boobie last year, because I was bored with the game and the halftime show. But darn I wish I had seen it! It makes me sad that this country has to make sexuality a taboo. It's a beautiful and natural thing. Did all those women who were offended by the boobie last year not breast feed thier kids when they were babies? Do they wear a swimsuit in the shower? What's so wrong with boobies!?!? Even as a woman I can certainly appreciate a nice pair. I just don't get why women were so offended. I was more offended that it turned into all Janet Jackson's fault, and not Justin Timberlake's fault at all. He's the one who ripped her clothes off in the first place, whether she planned it or not! He could have chosen not to do that. If she had ripped her bodice off all by herself, she would have been completely to blame. But she didn't. /rant

While the thought of fresh boobies, like Lindsay Lohan's, is nice, shouldn't they be legal boobies (over 18 yrs)? Unless Lindsay Lohan is 18, then that's fine, I don't know how old she is.

~~Kristin~~

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Feb 8th 2005, 8:16 pm

Kristin wrote: While the thought of fresh boobies, like Lindsay Lohan's, is nice, shouldn't they be legal boobies (over 18 yrs)? Unless Lindsay Lohan is 18, then that's fine, I don't know how old she is.
I believe she just turned 18.

-LanceMan

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Feb 8th 2005, 11:02 pm

Then by all means... let 'em fly, girl!

PS - just kidding. :wink:

~~Kristin~~