Ready for some football

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Sep 16th 2005, 9:39 am

I'm not too pleased with the predictions for the Packers this season. They have injuries, have lost some important people (i.e. Mike Wahle, etc.) so I'm not optimistic. Although, they are known to pull darn near miracles out of nowhere sometimes. Anyway, it'll still be fun to watch. And it's just that they're in transistion, which happens to every team - they'll be on top again sometime! I think I'll be going to two games in a row, too: Christmas day and New Years day. AWESOME!!!
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Dec 6th 2005, 1:18 am

:shock:

Repent, repent the end is near!

The Cincinnati Bengals are 9and 3 and heading to the playoffs for the first time since 1990.

-LanceMan

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Dec 6th 2005, 7:53 pm

Oh. My. God.

We're just... so... it's just... ugh. I can't even express how sad I am this season. 2-10. :cry:

First off, they should have fired Mike Sherman before the season even started. All the injuries have left Brett out there with rookies and 3rd & 4th string players. Gado is really stepping up, but still has some trouble with fumbles - rookie. I really believe that this will be Brett Favre's final season. (again, :cry: . But I will DEFINITELY be at the Jan. 1st game - his last game, probably.) I think that the general manager wants Sherman to fail and Brett to retire so we can give the whole franchise an overhaul. I'm not TOO super upset - it is a transition year. It all comes back around.

On another note... last night's Monday Night Football game --- :shock: Philly really got spanked. 42-0 Seattle. Ouch.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Dec 25th 2005, 4:29 pm

When do the playoffs start?

-LanceMan

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jan 10th 2006, 12:40 am

Playoffs started yesterday - Jan. 8th.

So I went to the last two Packers games at Lambeau. On the Jan. 1st game, the last minute or so was just amazing - the whole crowd was chanting "One more year!" for Brett. I have never heard such a strong roar. Since Brett skipped his press conference that afternoon, we don't know whether he'll retire or not yet. He's down in Mississippi considering it right now, I'm sure. He's close to a bunch of records, and he just really loves playing the game, so he might come back. I think it really depends on his family issues and who they hire as head coach. Does he want to learn a whole new offense? We'll see. I heard his first quarterback coach may be up for the job (I'm sorry, I forget his name), so in that case maybe Brett will come back. There was a headline in the Madison, WI paper that read "Will there be enough Prozac to go around if Brett Favre retires?" I thought that was so funny!

~~Kristin~~

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jan 25th 2006, 11:44 pm

Seahawks versus Steelers.

I'd like the Seahawks to win but the Steelers are just scary.

-LanceMan

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jan 26th 2006, 2:19 am

I'm rooting for Seattle. Because Mike Holmgren is the coach for one, I have family in Seattle for two, and I like their outfits better.

I'm such a girl sometimes... in the good way! :wink:

At least one of those reasons was a football reason. Tied in to the Packers be that as it may. :D

~~Kristin~~

schris
Between Names

Post by schris » Jan 26th 2006, 11:40 am

I don't know who Im going to be cheering for. I really like the Steelers - I think Ben Roethlisberger is an awesome QB for being so young. But I think the fact that Seattle was somewhat of an under-dog when the season started and ended up doing so well - it would be cool if they won the Super Bowl. I don't know.... I just think it will be an awesome game!

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Feb 8th 2006, 10:52 pm

The Steelers did win and congrats to the Bus and to Bill Cowher (spelling?). I feel very, very bad for the Seahawks. There were some really, really bad calls in the game. Gonna be tough for the Seahawks to come back next year but so long as they don't stomp my Cowboys I wish them well.

I did love the parade of the previous 39 MVP winners. That was quite classy. I loved Joe Namath's coat.

-LanceMan

EWU MSCL fan
Overlooked Sibling

Post by EWU MSCL fan » Feb 15th 2006, 3:22 pm

As a Seahawks fan myself, I would have appreciated a better officiated Super Bowl. I would have preferred a fairly called game because the Steelers got away with penalties. I don't think the Steelers won the game, I believe that the Seahawks made too many mistakes that cost them the game. Although the officials really didn't help. If it was a fairly called game, I think the Seahawks would have won but we will never know. Anyways, congrats to the Steelers on winning the game with your 12th man being the guys in black and white stripes on the field.

DisplacedGopher
Frozen Embryo

Post by DisplacedGopher » Apr 19th 2006, 1:59 am

Hi, I just stumbled across this thread. I'm actually from Green Bay - lived there all my life until going off to college. I was never actually a huge Packer fan - not a big fan of the NFL in general - but it's always nice to see other Packer fans around. Sure beats bumping into Viking fans!

I'm more of a college football fan - I went to the U. of Minnesota so maybe you can guess my affiliation by my nickname :) Of course, living in Milwaukee now I'm surrounded by Badger fans which is a type of suffering unto itself!

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Apr 19th 2006, 1:32 pm

Hey man --- Just remember:

When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all.

- Word.

:wink:

~~Kristin~~

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Apr 27th 2006, 11:16 am

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah!!!!

Brett Favre is returning to play for the Green Bay Packers for one more season!!!

Go PACK Go!

PACKERS

~~Kristin~~

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » May 28th 2006, 10:53 pm

SanDeE* wrote:Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah!!!!

Brett Favre is returning to play for the Green Bay Packers for one more season!!!

Go PACK Go!

PACKERS
Woohooo!

The 'Boys have TO!

D'oh!

Man,

This is going to be a long season.

(sigh).

-LanceMan

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Sep 13th 2006, 9:24 pm

So whose watching?

Interesting things a foot.

Cincinnati looks really good this year with Carson Palmer back.

Seattle just got Deion Branch from the Patriots this week. They survived a grueling game with Detroit (who got John Kitna at QB from Cincy).

The Saints won.

Looks to be a great Season.

-LanceMan