Ready for some football

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Ready for some football

Post by lance » Dec 5th 2003, 3:07 pm

Hey all,

So any football (as in the American version) fans here?

Big NFL football weekend coming up. Here in Cincy people are very pumped up about the approaching game with Baltimore. Been many a year (1990) since the Bengals had a winning season, fans here are hungry for a playoff appearance.

The other big match up in Lanceland is the Eagles Cowboys game. In my family this time of year is typically one of tension: I am Cowboys fan, my otherwise sensible brother, an Eagles fan. My brother's latest escalation in this rivalry is to call me long distance and say loudly, "Aw!Aw! Aw!" and hang up. This is supposed to be an eagle sound signifying another Philadelphia touchdown.

The e-mail taunting continues, one will emergence victorious this weekend and it may even be one of the teams playing.

:D

I, darn it, will be stuck at work. Thanks to the internet and nfl.com, I will be able to follow the scores.

-LanceMan

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Dec 5th 2003, 10:29 pm

I am a total Packers fan. Well, I think I would be disowned if I wasn't. My mother is from Green Bay, WI, and I grew up in Madison. She has season tickets for the Packers, as well as one of her sisters and several other family member inculding my dad's brother. We're crazy up here! It sucks trying to watch games around here in Kansas City, because everyone is nuts over the Chiefs of course (and honestly, who can blame them). But way to go Bengals for beating the Chiefs a while back!
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Dec 7th 2003, 10:35 am

I root for my local team -- the Tampa Bay Bucs. The Bucs seem to be suffering from Super Bowl hangover this year. And injuries haven't helped either. The team's chances for making the playoffs this year seem slim. Hopefully, it will be able to rebound next year.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Dec 7th 2003, 1:56 pm

TomSpeed wrote:I root for my local team -- the Tampa Bay Bucs. The Bucs seem to be suffering from Super Bowl hangover this year. And injuries haven't helped either. The team's chances for making the playoffs this year seem slim. Hopefully, it will be able to rebound next year.
I was glad that the Bucs won the last Super Bowl. I remember the 80s when the Bucs just couldn't put together a winning season. Hopefully, we will see better days for them soon.

-LanceMan

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Dec 7th 2003, 5:09 pm

Drat, drat, drat

Both the Bengals and the Cowboys lost.

Oh well, my brother will be insufferable for a while, but hey the rivalry is worth it.

:D

-LanceMan

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

playoffs

Post by lance » Jan 2nd 2004, 10:38 pm

Playoffs start tomorrow.

Any Green Bay or Seattle fans?

Once again, I will be stuck at work :evil:

Once again, I can watch the play by play courtesy of nfl.com :D

Go Cowboys.

-LanceMan

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jan 3rd 2004, 12:04 am

and once again I will have nothing to watch on tv :evil:

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

football

Post by lance » Jan 5th 2004, 8:50 pm

Man,

All my teams lost. Great game between Seattle & Green Bay.

I guess I will root for the Eagles this weekend.

-LanceMan

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Jan 10th 2004, 2:22 am

I will root for the Eagles, but I've been disappointed too many times in the last 40 years to look past this game.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

Dave Reed
Jody Barsh

Post by Dave Reed » Jan 12th 2004, 7:21 pm

Great games this weekend! Certainly a balance of all-offense (Indianapolis-Kansas City) and good defense (Green Bay-Philadelphia).

Any bets on the Super Bowl? I figure that New England will withhold Manning & Co., and maybe Philadelphia for the NFC.
"Where it's not just a way of life but a toxic adventure & 60's-style love-in"

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Jan 13th 2004, 12:00 am

The games were great this weekend. I didn't understand why Coach Martz of the Rams played for overtime instead of trying to win. No matter how he tries to swerve it now, I'm sure that he looks back and regrets his decision. I felt kind of bad for Farve throwing that interception in overtime in the Green Bay/Philly game. What was he thinking? My team, the Bucs, is out. I like the Patriots to win, based on their experience winning a couple of years ago. We'll see what happens.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

football

Post by lance » Jan 18th 2004, 12:54 pm

Another Sunday, more great games to watch.

I would love to see the Colts win, but New England is just a machine. This is going to be an incredibly tough game.

Later this evening... I will be helping to root for my brother's beloved Eagles. Hopefully they will finally, finally make it back to the Superbowl. Gonna be a blast to watch.

-LanceMan

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Jan 18th 2004, 3:14 pm

SWEEEETTTTTTT!!!!!!!!

Its SNOWING here!!! AND since I'm in CT, and the Patriots are playing very very close, that means it is snowing THERE TOO!!!

Rock on! I was always upset that I missed their game a couple years ago when they won the game in the snow by a kick.

This game is going to ROCK.

Oh, plus the Patriots will rip them apart in the snow. (but don't take my word for that)
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jan 18th 2004, 6:53 pm

My husband is at the Philly game right now, three rows from the field. He just called me from there, and he is having so much fun. :D

My parents are huge Eggles fans, so I hope they win tonight!
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

football

Post by lance » Aug 21st 2004, 3:14 pm

Anybody looking forward to the upcoming football season?

The season began in ernest here. My brother and I just caught a preseason game where the Eagles beat the Ravens.

So far the outlook for the Philadelphia Eagles and the Cincinnati Bengals looks pretty good. Not so good for my Dallas Cowboys who cut their star quarterback due to alleged drug violations.

Incidentally did you all know that Las Vegas is Raiders country?

:shock:

Not having a professionally sports franchise of our own, one of the local tv stations has decided for some reason to broadcast Raiders games. The local newspaper, the Las Vegas Review-Journal has annual list of bars that exclusively play one teams games. I will have to see if there is one that broadcasts Cowboys games.

-LanceMan