RIP John Ritter & Johnny Cash

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

RIP John Ritter & Johnny Cash

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 12th 2003, 1:33 pm

Wow - Johnny Cash was less unexpected, but John Ritter?! It's always hard to believe that someone you can see on your tv screen is gone.

:(
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Sep 12th 2003, 1:43 pm

It is a sad day when whe lost two men with such tallent. Ritter will be missed for his countless hours of making us smile on the big and small screen. And what can I say about Johnny Cash, today we lost a legend. A great song writer and an amazing showman who will leave a large hole in the world of music. Where ever they are, thanks for the memmories guys.

Gone, but not forgotten.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Sep 12th 2003, 2:30 pm

Johnny Cash was a legend. There's no doubt about it. He will be missed. I was totally shocked to hear that John Ritter died. I've watched his new show. It was pretty good. And I can't even begin to count how many hours I've spent watching reruns of Three's Company over the years. It's hard to believe that these men are gone.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Sep 12th 2003, 3:54 pm

Very, very sad. John Ritter was so young. And I read that not only was yesterday the anniversary of 9/11, but his youngest daughter's 5th birthday. And the date of his death.

They will both me missed.

RIP :cry:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Sep 12th 2003, 5:28 pm

Johnny Cash will be missed :cry: , but at the same time I feel glad for him. I knew when his wife June died that he wouldn't be far behind her, I don't think he could have or would wanted to live without her.

I also feel bad for John Ritter since he was so young.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Sep 12th 2003, 5:36 pm

That's really, really sad. Johnny Cash was a great musician. The record of his concert at San Quentin is one of my favorite records ever - yeah, still good old vinyl, no CD.

And John Ritter - how unexpected! He was just 54! :( :( What a loss. And his daughter has to grow up without a dad. That's so sad.

I've just read that six episodes of the 2nd season of "8 Simple Rules" were already completed. I wonder how ABC will handle the situation.

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Sep 13th 2003, 12:19 pm

I remember watching the ep's of 3's company when they originally aired back in the 70's. The show was a riot. John Ritter was always super talented but never really got super-star billing it seemed to me. He was so effortless in his comedy. I remember watching Slingblade a few years ago and thinking "Hey, there's Jack Tripper....where's he been for so long?". I really like that movie "Hero at Large" he did with Anne Archer. A corny love story of an average guy crushing on a hot girl next door. (Back when Anne A. was hot.) The fact that he was so young is very sad indeed.
Johnny Cash.....what can you say? I don't know if most people fully realize how far-reaching his influence was/is in music. It cracks me up when some tattooed, headbanging maniac metalhead mentions Cash as an influence in an interview on VH1 or FUSE. Many people think of Johnny Cash as purely country music. What an amazing talent he was. I think it is only fitting that 'Hurt' charted so well just before he passed. Sascha, that's funny you should mention 'San Quentin', I was just listening to my dad's old vinyl copy this morning.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Sep 14th 2003, 2:59 pm

Megs wrote:Very, very sad. John Ritter was so young. And I read that not only was yesterday the anniversary of 9/11, but his youngest daughter's 5th birthday. And the date of his death.
And his wife's birthday was the following day. Some happy birthday.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Sep 15th 2003, 9:17 am

dTheater wrote:
Megs wrote:Very, very sad. John Ritter was so young. And I read that not only was yesterday the anniversary of 9/11, but his youngest daughter's 5th birthday. And the date of his death.
And his wife's birthday was the following day. Some happy birthday.
:cry:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Sep 16th 2003, 4:27 pm

Sad news indeed.

John Ritter, it was rather shocking to hear of his death. I have rather vague memories of watching Three's Company when it first aired. I last saw him as Ted in the second season on Buffy. I thought he was quite good. I never got into his new show, although I did catch the teasers on TV and thought it would be an entertaining show.

Johnny Cash, I knew he was sick but still hard to seem him go. I was never into his music like my Dad was. I what I remember him from, quite vividly, is from a little known made for tv movie he did back in 1981 called "The Pride of Jesse Hallam". Cash played an illiterate man from Kentucky who moved to Cincinnati. He struggled with learning how to read.

Both will be missed.

:cry:

LanceMan

Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Aug 29th 2004, 12:25 pm

I was really upset about John Ritter... I grew up watching 3's company and watching alot of his movies! And currently Im still watching 8 simple rules. I really cried when I found out the news. I never realized how important he was to me. I feel so sad for his family, especially his daughter. It just had to happen on her birthday. How will she ever be able to celebrate her birthday,being that its the anniverary or her Fathers death.

I will always keep John Ritter in my heart.. He was such a talented funny actor!

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Aug 29th 2004, 10:43 pm

Angela_Catalano wrote:I was really upset about John Ritter... I grew up watching 3's company and watching alot of his movies! And currently Im still watching 8 simple rules. I really cried when I found out the news. I never realized how important he was to me. I feel so sad for his family, especially his daughter. It just had to happen on her birthday. How will she ever be able to celebrate her birthday,being that its the anniverary or her Fathers death.

I will always keep John Ritter in my heart.. He was such a talented funny actor!
A definate bummer, although the addition of James Garner to the show has been good, all things considered.

-LanceMan

Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Aug 29th 2004, 11:39 pm

No one could take his place on that showa, but they did do a good job with adding Kates father. I thought the show did pretty well after John Ritters death. I just wasnt to happy with them writing on Cj. I dont hate him, he just doesnt seem right for that show at all.