Alcatraz Freakiness and other oddities

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Alcatraz Freakiness and other oddities

Post by mglenn » Jun 17th 2003, 3:20 pm

I was going to reply to Megs comment about Alcatraz here but it was quickly apparent this could go way offtopic.
Megs wrote:We toured Alcatraz at night, which was also cool, if a little freaky.
I saw a documentary the other night on SciFi called California's Most Haunted which talked about the spooky happenings at alcatraz, which was ok, but the segment on The Enitity was down right the freakiest thing I've ever seen. It had actual video and pics from the investigation. It was kinda like watching The Blair Witch Project on a dark cold night in a house in the middle of nowhere with all the lights out. But just a personal note: if Human Plasma starts dripping from the walls of my house... I'm going to take that as a sign that its time to move.

On this same line I'd also recommend Beware The Night by Ralph Sarchie it was a bit heavy on the Cathololism(sp?
) but over all was an interesting and freaky read.

Anyone else have read or seen a good true occult or ghost stories?
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jun 17th 2003, 3:25 pm

I am interested in hearing more about the hauntings at Alcatraz. Can you tell me more about those?

I don't have any personal stories about ghosts, but I love reading them!
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Jun 17th 2003, 3:43 pm

The bit on alcatraz in the video had an interview with a guy that was an inmate in alcatraz and was released. He came back to do a talk for the tours and was left alone.. He says that he heard someone say something like "Hey buddy!", he turned and saw a fellow inmate down at the other end of the cell block who had died while he was there. The inmate turned and ran toward another cell block. He said he attempted to cut him off, as he knew his way around. But never found the guy he saw and the guards/tour guides said that the area he saw the inmate run to was an area were several of the guides had been attacked by something in the past.
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand