Wimbledon

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jun 23rd 2005, 12:34 am

Starbug,

Every year I look forward to your report. Let the games begin.

:D

-LanceMan

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jun 23rd 2005, 11:56 am

lance wrote:Starbug,

Every year I look forward to your report. Let the games begin.

:D

-LanceMan
Thanks Lance...

But, oh! the shame :cry: Henman beaten in the 2nd round by some unknown. It was bound to happen at some point but the second round?! it's worse than bad. British hopes now rest on Andy Murray, but I think we all know he's going out later today. Hope I'm wrong though.

And Nadal - out as well. I would just like to say 'I WAS RIGHT'. All that premature hype...

This is not a good wimbledon for me, folks. Roddick and Federer still in though, so it's not all bad.

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jul 3rd 2005, 8:40 pm

Well, the tournament somewhat lost its appeal for me, for a number of days. Henman out, Murray brave but still out... *sigh*.

But a blistering women's final made up for it, even if I didn't think Venus deserved to triumph. She was basically out of it for the first half of the match, and Davenport was playing so well. I started out wanting Venus to win (I can't explain that to myself, let alone anyone else) but as the match progressed I realised that the fair outcome would have been for Davenport to win the title. She suffered a horrendous line call too - I hope that at some point tennis devises the not-very-technological solution of having a tv replay hooked up to the umpire's chair so where there is a dispute like that and the player is so clearly in the right, it can be resolved fairly.

The Men's final was good too, even though it was a whitewash. Is it possible that Federer can play any better? As Boris was pointing out, he is still only 23 years old. There's quite a career ahead. At this point, he just looks unstoppable.

http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com