Basketball

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Basketball

Post by lance » May 30th 2003, 10:38 am

Hey all,

New thread, new topic. Here is a thread for all you basketball fans, college or professional, mens or womens.

As you can tell by my avatar I am huge fan of the Houston Rockets, also Houston Comets by the way. Not having cable I usual get a videotape or two sent by my family in Houston so I can watch my teams play.

Today some sad news, apparently the head coach of the Houston Rockets, Rudy Tomjanovich, is stepping down. He cited health concerns, his battle with bladder cancer, and the stress of the job. He will remain with the Rockets organization.

Rudy T lead the Rockets to back to back championships in '94 & '95. I for one will miss seeing him leading the Rockets.

For more please see:

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/Rudy_T_ ... 27-34.html

Best,

Lance Man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

nba finals

Post by lance » Jun 2nd 2003, 9:21 am

NBA finals are set:

New Jersey Nets vs. San Antonio Spurs

So what do you think? Whose gonna win?

My heart is with New Jersey, but my head says San Antonio will take it.

Best,

Lance Man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

basketball

Post by lance » Jun 12th 2003, 9:10 am

:shock:

Wow,

Nets take Spurs 77-76. On to game 5.

Best,

Lance Man

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jun 12th 2003, 10:37 am

I watched the last 6 minutes of Game 4, great stuff. I like watching the fourth quarter of basketball, but I have a hard time watching a full game. I'm hoping the nets win it. It's nice to see that the final is turning into a good series. If I had to guess at the outcome I'd say San Antonio in 6, but I hope I'm wrong.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jun 13th 2003, 10:44 am

Nothingman wrote:I watched the last 6 minutes of Game 4, great stuff. I like watching the fourth quarter of basketball, but I have a hard time watching a full game. I'm hoping the nets win it. It's nice to see that the final is turning into a good series. If I had to guess at the outcome I'd say San Antonio in 6, but I hope I'm wrong.
Cool,

Yeah I hope the Nets take it too. Looking foward to tonight's game.

Best,

Lance Man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jun 14th 2003, 10:02 am

D'oh! or Yes! (Depending on your perspective)

San Antonio takes game five, 3-2 lead. Sunday night in San Antonio for Game 6. Hopefully there will be a game seven.

Best,

Lance Man

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jun 14th 2003, 1:38 pm

I watched most of Game 5 last night, and it seemed like the Nets just didn't want it that bad. They couldn't make a FG for like 7 minutes? Is the Spurs defence that good, or were the Nets not that hungry?
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jun 15th 2003, 9:20 am

Nothingman wrote:I watched most of Game 5 last night, and it seemed like the Nets just didn't want it that bad. They couldn't make a FG for like 7 minutes? Is the Spurs defence that good, or were the Nets not that hungry?
Or the Nets just that tired. Oh well, on to game 6.

Best,

Lance Man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

new coach

Post by lance » Jun 15th 2003, 9:23 am

hey all,

As reported in the Houston Chronicle this week the Rockets have a new coach:

Jeff VanGundy

Don't know how I feel about this. I was so used to rooting against the Knicks and Van Gundy. Gonna be weird for a while. I am encouraged that he really likes the Rockets and the opportunities and challenges that come with coaching a young team. In his press conference he was rather humble and seems like a decent guy. So we shall see.

Best,

Lance Man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jun 16th 2003, 9:01 am

Spurs win.

Wow. The Nets did make it intertesting at times. Hopefully they will be back in more Finals.

Best,

Lance Man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Apr 28th 2005, 12:08 am

Man,

Had to dig a bit for this thread.

Anybody watching the NBA playoffs? Anyone? Bueller?

Saw some great games. My own beloved Rockets came from behind to beat the Mavs in Dallas the other night. They play again tomorrow night, should be good.

Right now the Memphis Grizzles (formely of Vancouver) are beating the top seed Phoenix Suns.

:shock:

-LanceMan

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Apr 28th 2005, 9:59 am

Sorry lance, I don't watch the NBA! (No cable, mostly... and as you know I'm a little more of a football/baseball/golf girl.) But I must say that Shaq looked really good in those short-shorts on the commercial for 24-hour fitness... or whatever gym it was for. :P But that's an entirely different thread topic all together! Maybe that's why I don't get too interested in NBA basketball now... they changed the uniforms to those baggy shorts and tops. I do like to watch college NCAA basketball from time to time, but I don't have much opinion on that - I don't follow it very closely. Just my brother's games, which are now coming to an end because he is transferring schools.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » May 4th 2005, 7:09 pm

:roll:

Dag nab it!

The Rockets were up 2 game to 0 and now are down 3 games to 2.

(Sigh)

One more game should do it for this year for the Rockets. After that I will watch as the Phoenix Suns go on to wump there way through what's left of the Western Conference.

-LanceMan