Username backstories

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 22nd 2003, 2:51 pm

I'm totally ignorant - I thought that you were referring to "nord" as in north.

:oops:

Heh, maybe that should be our next thread - what you think everyone else's names mean!

:D
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

meggrrrl
Three Rivers Resident

Post by meggrrrl » May 22nd 2003, 11:05 pm

Megs (and anyone else who cares to know!), I'm in Glen Burnie Maryland, just south of Baltimore. So when you were in Towson, you were a good 45 mins north of me. The easy way to describe it is I always tell people I'm right near BWI. Can hear the planes all day.

One of my roommates from college is living in Fairfax, and another is in Manassas. I try to visit, but of corse what should be a 45 minute drive often becomes well over 2 hours with DC in the way. I lived in Woodbridge until I was 12, and I went to college in Front Royal so Northern VA is pretty familliar to me.

I can't believe the similarities between us, and that our birthdays are so close! Creeeeeeeeeeeepy!

-Other Meg

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » May 23rd 2003, 12:55 am

meggrrrl wrote: I can't believe the similarities between us, and that our birthdays are so close! Creeeeeeeeeeeepy!

-Other Meg
I think all that needs to be said is:

Image Image Image Image Image Image

You will be assimilated.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

user name

Post by lance » May 24th 2003, 9:37 am

Megs wrote:But why the lower case "l", lance? And why not "Lance Man"?

:wink:
LOL!

When I first registered I just typed in my name lower case (laziness I guess).

My signature (Lance Man):

A co-worker always greets me as Lance Man, so I thought cool enough, I'll stick with that. I am afterall a Lance and a Man so, there you go.

Best,

Lance Man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

names

Post by lance » May 24th 2003, 9:38 am

candygirl wrote:Inquiring minds want to know!

:D

Laziness (couldn't be bothered to stretch a pinky to the shift button)?

Modesty (very humble guy we're talking about here)?

Low self esteem (doesn't feel worthy of capital letters)?

Paranoia (capital letters will jump off the screen and eat your face!)?
LOL!

I'll go with...modesty, yes that would do nicely.

Best,

Lance Man

FuzzyFreaky
Nicky Driscoll

Post by FuzzyFreaky » Aug 14th 2003, 1:11 am

FuzzyFreaky is a song from David Byrne. My avatar is from the Talking Heads' video for Road To Nowhere. My sig comes from the song 'Lazy' by X-press 2 featuring David Byrne. I listen to too much David Byrne. :wink:
I'm wicked and I'm lazy....
Don't you wanna save me?

jellybean
Jody Barsh

Post by jellybean » Aug 14th 2003, 3:40 pm

mine is very simple (just like me!!) It started with my girlfriend (now my wife) and others saying "you know what I mean jelly bean" and it's kinda stuck.

The Talented Krakow
Overlooked Sibling

Post by The Talented Krakow » Aug 14th 2003, 7:14 pm

starbug wrote:(I like 'Ripley', 'Fury', 'Nostromo', and 'ChineseDemocracy').
I sometimes use Ripley too (not too often though)! Too bad I'm not as talented as he is, but Brian is! And that's where this name comes from. Also because Brian is my favourite MSCL character (together with Angela of course), since I look a lot like him. Well ok, I might not be as 'nerdy' as he is, but I'm also a little shy, also don't have girlfriends, be good at school (however I never studied that much), have a lack of social life, never really have fun while others do. I had about exact the same thing as Brian towards Angela over a year ago: obsessed with a girl that I could never possibly get. The difference was I never wrote any letter, so it had no beautiful ending like in the last MSCL episode. That's why I was so emotional when watching this episode; it reminded me so strongly about myself, but for Brian it ended well (ok, he didn't get Angela, but at least he got the respect). I guess I'm getting too personal here while nobody probably cares. I'll shut up and stop wasting bandwidth.
"My parents keep asking how school was. It's like saying, 'How was that drive-by shooting?' You don't care how it _was_, you're lucky to get out alive."

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Aug 15th 2003, 9:22 am

The Talented Krakow wrote: I guess I'm getting too personal here while nobody probably cares. I'll shut up and stop wasting bandwidth.
I think you're wrong. I for one care to hear about other poster's lives and what makes them tick. No need to shut up! Now, carry on! :wink:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

The Talented Krakow
Overlooked Sibling

Post by The Talented Krakow » Aug 15th 2003, 11:09 am

Thank you! I'm used to my so-called pathetic life, so I will survive :).
"My parents keep asking how school was. It's like saying, 'How was that drive-by shooting?' You don't care how it _was_, you're lucky to get out alive."

Emeralduk
Liberty High Student

Post by Emeralduk » Aug 15th 2003, 12:07 pm

Ok, I don't even know why I'm bothering to post this, as it's really simple and you could probably guess already.
My name's Emerald and I live in the UK. There you go, I just like posting I guess! Plus I have lots of free time this summer as I recently quit my job. :Fade-color

*~Emerald~*

The Talented Krakow
Overlooked Sibling

Post by The Talented Krakow » Aug 15th 2003, 7:28 pm

Emeralduk wrote:Ok, I don't even know why I'm bothering to post this, as it's really simple and you could probably guess already.
My name's Emerald and I live in the UK. There you go, I just like posting I guess! Plus I have lots of free time this summer as I recently quit my job. :Fade-color

*~Emerald~*
Yeah, I kind of figured that out already, wasn't very hard :-P.

Btw, I didn't even gét a job this vacation, damn I'm so lazy..

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Aug 15th 2003, 11:03 pm

I'm not exactly sure where I came up with my name, only that the grim part is because in high school me and some of my friends were at a bush party and had to run from the cops. We decided it would be best if we came up with aliases then that we could use for the rest of our lives. Of course I can't give myself away and tell you my alias ( :wink: ) but "grim" is part of the last name. the 4746 part I'm sure is random or maybe a phone number i used to know and knew i'd be able to remember. I've used "grim4746" for a few different things starting with yahoo! and i always have a hard time thinking of unused usernames for Yahoo!.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Aug 16th 2003, 2:18 am

grim4746 wrote: Of course I can't give myself away and tell you my alias ( :wink: ) but "grim" is part of the last name.
Let's see...Canada..."grim" in the last name.... Ed. Ed Grimly! I knew it!! ;)

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Aug 16th 2003, 6:37 pm

fnordboy wrote:Let's see...Canada..."grim" in the last name.... Ed. Ed Grimly! I knew it!! ;)
sounds good to me, you've inspired me to change my avatar. or maybe you've uncovered me so i thought i'd show my face.