Public Service Announcment for 11/5

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Public Service Announcment for 11/5

Post by andrewgd » Nov 5th 2002, 5:43 pm

All of us "of age" Americans should get out and vote today. If you don't, you can't complain how our elected officials aren't doing enough to stop corporate greed/fraud/stealing/abuse/etc!
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Nov 5th 2002, 6:42 pm

my wife and i voted... i can't even believe i read in the newspapers that voter turnout might be lower than normal (which is low to begin with) in some states because there is rain in the weather forecast. are we so lame as a nation that some of us might not vote because of poor weather?

heater_05
Three Rivers Resident

Post by heater_05 » Nov 5th 2002, 8:35 pm

I voted have you? If you don't vote you can't complain. And as an American I want my right to complain. :P
"It just goes to show you, if it's not one thing it's another, but it's always something!"

Roseanne Roseannadanna

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 5th 2002, 8:37 pm

Andrewgd,

Thanks for posting this important reminder. No matter what you political idealogy it is important to vote and make you voice heard. You never know the races you vote for may come down to handful of votes. With things as close as they are in this country every vote does count.

Voted at 6:45 am, EST, my wife voted at 2:30 pm EST

Lance Man

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

The Importance Of The Vote

Post by Nostradamus » Nov 5th 2002, 9:16 pm

From T. Herman Zweibel, Publisher Emeritus of America's Finest News Source: The Onion

Be advised: The Onion is not intended for persons under age 18; some people over age 18 shouldn't read it either! Anyway, here's the link

http://www.theonion.com/onion3603/impor ... _3603.html
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

phelix
Yearbook Team

Re: The Importance Of The Vote

Post by phelix » Nov 5th 2002, 10:45 pm

Nostradamus wrote:From T. Herman Zweibel, Publisher Emeritus of America's Finest News Source: The Onion

Be advised: The Onion is not intended for persons under age 18; some people over age 18 shouldn't read it either! Anyway, here's the link

http://www.theonion.com/onion3603/impor ... _3603.html
One need not control the press when one can control the ballot box itself. These new computerized touch-screen voting machines are a disaster waiting to happen. No decent audit trail for votes, and more importantly, the vendors have through contracts, forbid independent auditing of the machines themselves.

Here's a sample of what I'm talking about
Expert: Palm Beach's New Voting Machines Have Problems

Most likely a handful of hackers will decide this set of elections. Then again, considering I have a degree in computer engineering, I should be happy about this. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

grlNmiami
Tino

Post by grlNmiami » Nov 5th 2002, 11:33 pm

HAHAHA I live in FL, Dade county at that, so it takes GUTS to get out and vote here. Reports of 2-3 hour waits at many polls and then the great Ivotronic screens.... heard horror stories of people voting for McBride but the screen saying they voted for Bush HAHAHA. Thats one way to get votes I guess :) I just hope it doesn't take them weeks to tally the votes like it did in Sept. All I can say is i was lucky... took me 10 minutes to vote, now all I can hope is that mine gets counted!