They call themselves fans ?!

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
SarahHall82
Tino

They call themselves fans ?!

Post by SarahHall82 » Jul 9th 2000, 1:25 pm

I was looking at the ebay auction site the other day and it amazes me the number of amazingly cool items that are for sale from 'fans'. I mean who would seriously sell a signed photo of the cast if they were a true fan, I would personally guard it with my life and cherish it forever because they're not easy to come across...infact you can't get them.Then again maybe I'm too in love with MSCL to beable to understand someone who has been fortunate enough to come across an item like this and want to get rid of it, I mean they must have liked it enough to get something like that in the first place.
Also, why in the hell won't they ship outside of the US ?! That irritated me more than I can describe, sitting here in the UK where it's hard to even find the cd soundtrack.
I have let off my steam there, some comeback on others opinions of this would be welcomed just to make sure I'm not going insane on my views !!!!
Sarah :-)

oldguy
Substitute Teacher

Re: They call themselves fans ?!

Post by oldguy » Jul 10th 2000, 2:48 am

Hi SarahHall... Write me at petersonpm@earthlink.net if you are
interested in receiving a very cool "Complete soundtrack".

worldsapart
Between Names

Post by worldsapart » Jul 10th 2000, 4:10 pm

Well, as a fan of many collectible type things who also frequents ebay, I'd just like to comment...I collect A LOT of things. I have Wizard of Oz original (early 1900s printings) books that are worth anywhere from $60 to $200 each (I have about 6). I have 5 autographed 8X10s of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer cast members (Alyson Hannigan, Seth Green, James Marsters, Charisma Carpenter and Nicholas Brendon twice). I have all the BTVS action figures and dolls, even all the variants. I have enough posters to fill the walls of an entire house (probably). I have LOTS of Queen Amidala stuff proudly displayed on top of my desk (because of my spending lots of money on collecting, I made myself pick one character to collect). AND my most prized collectible possession...a Jars of Clay (Christian band that's gotten some play on secular radio) "Frail" indy cd that there were only 1500 copies (tape and cd) printed worth upwards of $200. All this say...there is some of it that I would be willing to sell for the right price, even though I don't want to get rid of any of it. I'm strugging with myself right now because when I bought Frail on ebay, I had planned to just burn myself a copy of it and then resell it. Now that I have it in my possession, I can't convince myself to get rid of it. But I could use the money. So anyway, I don't think the fact that someone is selling something like an autographed photo makes them any less of a fan of something. They probably just need the money- either that or they have two (I had two of the same N. Brendon auto photo for a while because I bought them on a Dutch auction that everyone seemed to be scared to bid on so I got two of them for cheaper than one usually was).

As for shipping outside the US...when I put something up for auction, I usually say that I ship only to the US simple because it's easier to deal with. You might want to email the people and ask them because some might be willing to change their minds.

Just my little piece of mind...
Tracey

SarahHall82
Tino

Post by SarahHall82 » Jul 10th 2000, 4:43 pm

Thanks for the offer on the CD Oldguy but I was actually lucky enough to find the soundtrack in a giant London HMV store.
Thanks also to Tracey for her scary, yet true comments on my fit of fury
Sarah :-)

angelika
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by angelika » Jul 10th 2000, 5:22 pm

Dear Sarah (and anyone else who may be interested),

The soundtrack that Oldguy speaks of isn't the soundtrack that is sold in stores--Many of us found that soundtrack to be incomplete and disappointing. Therefore, we--a few die-hard MSCL fans--put together a COMPLETE MSCL soundtrack. And just to toot our own horns a little bit--we think it rocks. Thanks to the awesome dedication of Patrick, the first CD is completed. If you are interested in a copy, make sure you contact Patrick--(aka, oldguy.)

Feeling a bit like an infomercial,
Katie

mia
Yearbook Team

Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge.

Post by mia » Jul 10th 2000, 10:51 pm

Yes, Sarah. We decided the "official" soundtrack was horrible, so we made another one. MUCH better.

You know, with your <font color=red>hair</font color=red> like that? It hurts to look at you.

Johnnyboy
Frozen Embryo

Re: Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge.

Post by Johnnyboy » Jul 11th 2000, 7:13 am

I remember seeing a discussion in quite an old thread about compiling a complete soundtrack. How complete was it in the end? Is "Red" on it? And what about the song Brian is listening to on his walkman in Betrayal, did anybody find out what that was? I would be interested in owning a copy, but, oldguy, would you ship to the UK (where I am, unfortunately)?

saake
Nicky Driscoll

Post by saake » Jul 11th 2000, 2:09 pm

the cd covers just about everything. i dont know if the song brian lisens to is om but i think so. Patrick sent my copy to Sweden where i live so UK wont be a problem i think but check with Patrick..

saake

"There's something about Sunday night that makes you want to kill yourself"

angelika
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by angelika » Jul 11th 2000, 11:11 pm

Yes, Johnnyboy, I would definitely check with oldguy. I won't speak for him, but I'm almost positive that he will ship it to the UK. He will ask for the cost of shipping and around $2 to $4 for the CD, but other than that, it's a not-for-profit project. "Red" is on the CD, but Brian's song on the walkman isn't. (According to a previous post, someone actually got ahold of Devon and asked him, but he couldn't remember what song it was.) The CD has every song from the show on it, as well as many of our favorite quotes from the show. The song list that we used is the one on http://www.mscl.com if you'd like to take a look. It's a great CD and there is a second one that is currently in the process of being made. Oldguy's email address is petersonpm@earthlink.net, if I'm not mistaken. Good luck!

~katie~

oldguy
Substitute Teacher

Way behind --- but I will ship anywhere

Post by oldguy » Jul 12th 2000, 2:34 pm

Hi folks --- I've been meaining to send out a new round of CDs
to some of the newer folks and some I forgot the first time around.
I admit I am way behind in getting around to this ---- but I will
do it! Also, the second CD (for episodes 11-19) is in the process
of being made --- so that one will be ready even later on.

Be patient with me and I will ship to every one interested.

Patrick

Post by Guest » Jul 13th 2000, 3:21 pm

Hey Says!! I guess you know who this is..Wenna. I know my user name is wierd but I love Spiderman. So many people are replying to your subject!! It is so cool. I don't know how someone could be a fan, either, if you give away something that's so hard to come across anyway..I guess it might be a case of how deseperatly you need money OR perhaps they just were nice individuals wanting to share what they had with someone else(I know that's not likely) Bye and see you at school on Monday!!

Cami A.
Catalano

Post by Cami A. » Apr 15th 2008, 2:51 am

I know this is a really old post, but I just stumbled across it, and I'd really love to obtain a "complete" MSCL soundtrack. If this is still something that you would be willing to ship to me...even though it's been 8 years...Haha, then please reply to my post!

Cam
"So, the mouse makes pressure, just by breathing?...I can relate."

Krys
Tino

Post by Krys » Oct 29th 2008, 1:21 pm

I second that! I'd LOVE a complete MSCL cd! I have the official one, but like everyone else, I find it lacking.

Cami A.
Catalano

Post by Cami A. » Oct 31st 2008, 10:54 am

Krys--Just a head's up. Never got a response on this.
"So, the mouse makes pressure, just by breathing?...I can relate."