Age of members on this forum

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.

Age of Forum members

10 - 14 years
No votes
15 - 20 years
15%
21 - 25 years
34%
26 - 30 years
25%
31 - 40 years
20%
41 - 50 years
5%
51 years and over
2%

Total votes: 61

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 13th 2002, 6:50 pm

Candygirl,

Yes, I will be Pinky to your Brain anytime.

Lance Man :D

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 13th 2002, 7:22 pm

I'll be singing that song the rest of the day now!

there's baloney in our slacks,
pinky and the brain brain brain brain

:wink:

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 13th 2002, 9:56 pm

Fnordboy,

Bravo on the big 250!

Lance Man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 13th 2002, 10:05 pm

Candygirl said
I mean, hey! Are you flirting with me?
:oops: No, not at all...

Lance Man

:D

So-Called Angel
Three Rivers Resident

Post by So-Called Angel » Nov 14th 2002, 1:28 am

O.K, call me thick but I have two questions and I was wondering if someone could please answer them for me.

1. What is a Ben and Jerry's?
and 2. What on earth is a Chubby Hubby?
"See, I have this philosophy......."

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 14th 2002, 1:57 am

So-Called Angel wrote:1. What is a Ben and Jerry's?
and 2. What on earth is a Chubby Hubby?
Ben & Jerry's is a brand of ice cream. They make it out of Vermont. (I went to the factory on a trip with my mom when I was ten! It was so cool!) Chubby Hubby is one of the flavors. I can't quite remember what makes up that flavor, someone else has the answer I'm sure. I like "Phish Food" a lot: marshmallow creme, fudge, carmel, little fish-shaped choc chunks! You can buy pints at pretty much any grocery store. Even some drug stores. Go buy some! NOW! You will NOT regret it! :D

So-Called Angel
Three Rivers Resident

Post by So-Called Angel » Nov 14th 2002, 2:05 am

Kristin wrote:Go buy some! NOW! You will NOT regret it! :D
I can't! We don't have it here in Australia :cry:
"See, I have this philosophy......."

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 14th 2002, 2:29 am

oops...sorry. I didn't look at your "location" thing under your name. Well if you're ever in the states on vacation or something, maybe you can try some. (Food is a big deal to me I guess...I go to school here in Missouri and I REALLY MISS the cheese we have in Wisconsin. My dad is visiting this weekend and bringing some! For real - this will make my MONTH!)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 14th 2002, 5:19 am

Chubby Hubby is fudge covered peanut butter filled pretzels in vanilla malt ice cream rippled with fudge & peanut butter.

Cool Brittania used to be my favorite - vanilla ice cream with strawberries and chocolate chunks (SNAFU is the latest incarnation of this discontinued flavor). Mmmmmm. And Phish Food. Mmmmm.

Now I love Half Baked - chocolate ice cream with brownie chunks and vanilla ice cream with cookie dough chunks. Mmmmm.

I'm just about ready to start drinking a carton. No, bad! Must keep ice cream frozen!

You can check out all their flavors at http://www.benjerry.com

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Nov 14th 2002, 10:56 am

No BandJ down under???? And to think I wanted to visit there someday. Candygirl, thanks for getting the specifics on the chubby hubby. I would have probably forgotten the exact ingredients. Actually I never bothered to read them. I would just purchase/microwave/drink every quart I could get my hands on in a blind rage. Sometimes when I would get a quart at the local 7/11 I would just cook it right there in the store and drink it while driving the car home. SCAngel, if you ever get to the states, you really should try and find some BandJ. They make ice cream bars and all kinds of stuff. :D My brother in law is like a herion addict when it comes to Chunky Monkey. It's like bananna flavored ice cream with all kinds of nuts and stuff in it. I usually stick to the Cookie Dough or the Chubby Hubby. Watch out for the fat content though!!!!!! Maybe you could look into being the first Aussie to import BandJ to Aust. and get really rich :D :D :D :D .
Last edited by K-man on Nov 14th 2002, 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Nov 14th 2002, 12:29 pm

No BandJ??? Blasphemy :)

You want to know something REALLY cool? My friend is marketing manager for BandJ here in the UK. She has something like a 4-tub daily allowance via a transferable voucher scheme. So, I get a sizeable number of tubs for nada.

:D :D :D :D

Phish Food is my personal favourite, closely followed by Chunky Monkey.

A friend of mine is deeply troubled that they are removing the Berry Nice flavour from circulation in the UK. He's on a one man crusade to stop it from happening!!

I for one had never heard of drinking the stuff... but if I did follow Kman's example I have no doubt that I would have put on a fair few pounds the next morning... *sigh*

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

guruka108
Frozen Embryo

Youngest member

Post by guruka108 » Nov 14th 2002, 3:54 pm

Well, looks like I win the prize for youngest member here at 56 :wink: MSCL is one of my all-time favorite shows. I guess it's because it's SO well written and so well acted. I, like so many of you, fell in love with these characters right away. I watched the show when it first aired - caught a couple of episodes in reruns on MTV and got my DVD set last week and have watched 15 episodes on the DVD set - with lots of tears and laughter! Why does all the best stuff on TV get cancelled? (hmmm... right now I'm thinking of 'MSCL, 'China Beach', 'Once and Again', 'The Education of Max Bickford.)

Owell, will finish up the set today and tomorrow. What a joy!
The secret of happiness. . .
is an attitude of gratitude.

JodyK
Nicky Driscoll

I'm 32

Post by JodyK » Nov 14th 2002, 8:51 pm

Will be turning 33 on Christmas Eve. I watched this show when it was on ABC in '94 and thought it was the best show on TV. Watching it again now on DVD, it amazes me at how the show was just the most outstanding television show ever. Before I absolutely adored Angela, Rickie, Rayanne and Jordan. Now I see how every character on that show was so wonderful. I cannot believe they ever cancelled this show. WHY?!!!!!!

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Post by Rickie Love » Nov 14th 2002, 11:03 pm

Hey guys...36 in January :shock:

Dammit Jim!!!!

Oh well, I'll keep young continuing to relive my teenage angst through you-know-who. Wait. I might have detcted a small flaw in this logic. :wink:
"Oh, just say the word and she's a footnote in history. I'll make it look like a painful accident..."

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

CONFESSION!

Post by So-Called Loon » Nov 15th 2002, 4:26 am

guruka108 wrote:I guess it's because it's SO well written and so well acted. I, like so many of you, fell in love with these characters right away.
Ah, oh. I have a nasty confession to make. :oops:
When it was first aired, i loved the first 3 episodes, but then i remember telling people i knew that something had happened and it just wasn't as good after that. i actually said that? Jordon seemed to start talking a little bit and along with some other minor stuff, i felt like the tone of the show had gone from very dramatic to more light and comical. I actually told somebody i figured the show was doing poorly and they must have retooled it to be lighter. :oops:

I still liked it but thought it had come down a notch. But then, i didn't see more than half the episodes. I swear it was moved around a lot, possibly by local the local affiliate. During most of the holliday season i didn't see it. I swear i had trouble even finding it in the newspaper's television listings.

SOOoo, although i liked the show right away, i didn't realize just how spectacular it was until at least 3 years later when i managed to come by the entire series on VHS and had a chance to refresh my memory and see all those episodes i missed.

I had thought the Halloween episode was totally hilarious. After that scene where Rayanne gives Brian her big sob story about why she's affraid of the dark, i just about bust-a-gut laughing. :mrgreen: That was a truly great moment!
Why does all the best stuff on TV get cancelled?
I know the answer to this! In the past few years i've been absolutely certain that i should be a network exec in charge of schedule planning. The simple answer to the question is, anything i think is really exceptional won't last more than a season! If i like it pretty well it will be around but never a big hit. And, of course, if i hate it, it's got at least 3 seasons minimum before it bombs. If i don't watch it at all and can't render a verdict, it's pretty much up to chance.

Yes, it's true. TV shows, and indeed bands as well, fail based upon my personal taste. Only a show or 2 each season escapes my jinxing power!
(hmmm... right now I'm thinking of 'MSCL, 'China Beach', 'Once and Again', 'The Education of Max Bickford.)
Square Pegs -- Way cool -- bombed
MSCL-- Loved it -- bombed.
China Beach -- Thought it was very good -- it lasted for a while.*
I never saw Once and Again or The Education of Max Bickford so those weren't my fault.
Michael Hayes -- Throught it was great -- bombed
Hill Street Blues -- Loved the show but since i didn't start watching until a season or two in; had nothing to do with it's success.
Felicity -- Started out great and went south pretty fast -- I guess i wasn't so atuned to that one so i only started it's downfall by liking it. Still hung around a while.
Martin Lawrence - detested it -- was around for several seasons.
Family Matters -- Really really detested it. Hung around for what seemed like centuries.
Malcom In The Middle -- Hated it more than anything for several years -- seems to be alive and well after a couple seasons anyway.
Cheers -- excellent comedy - escaped through my watching hardly at all until the second season.

hmm. What was that show with Robert Pastorelli as a cop (detective) whose life was a mess and he was really an abnormally unpleasant main character? Gruesome cases. I really liked it, partially because it was very unusual -- bombed. I put the BIG jinx on that somehow. Pastorelli died before it was time to film the new season.

A couple of exceptions that come to mind would be Miami Vice which i just thought was toooo cool, although they did retool that one to be lighter and use less slang after the first season. I heard it was because people weren't able to follow it in that first extremely stylized black brooding season when i really liked it.

Anyway, if i thought about it some, i could list off the bands i've killed as well. My ability to turf them actually developed more quickly, back in the early 80s. Ones i like inevitably put out 2 or 3 albums max and then broke up, or otherwise disappeared.

So anyway, if anybody knows a show they liked that bombed, or one they hated that did well and perhaps you wonder why, just tell me what it is and i can tell you what i was doing at the time or thinking and shed some light on why it had the fortunes it had.
:wink:
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)