I JUST CALLED ANOTHER UNIVERSE !!! I HAVE NEWS !!!!!!!

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
somamoon
Three Rivers Resident

Post by somamoon » Sep 19th 2002, 7:52 pm

Hahaha I love Office Space :)

somamoon
Three Rivers Resident

Post by somamoon » Sep 19th 2002, 7:54 pm

GordLacey wrote:
somamoon wrote:Kenny - You brought up something that's been bugging me since the double charges first appeared. Back when we received the initial full charges in March, we were told that they had to do it because the CC numbers couldn't be held for more than a few months. Well July is 5 months after March...according to what they told us, the CC numbers should have been deleted by that point...their story just doesn't add up.
I think the problem was something couldn't be authorized at one point and then charged months later. They have to charge the CC within 30 days, or it doesn't work. I'm assuming this is normally used to reserve a car or hotel room. The CC numbers are never deleted.

Gord
Ahhhh... ok. I must have misunderstood back in March. I thought they said that they couldn't hold the *numbers* for more than a certain amount of time...they must have said/meant they couldn't hold the *authorization.* Gotcha.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Sep 19th 2002, 8:03 pm

candygirl wrote:
My stapler!

:wink:
No wonder we haven't received refunds yet, the AU accounting department is too busy filling out TPS reports. And the person in charge of refunds has nine bosses. With that I'll put my love of Office Space to rest.

:idea:

MovieMac
Liberty High Student

Post by MovieMac » Sep 19th 2002, 8:29 pm

I have an interesting quote for you, concerning pushed back release dates. This is from Horrordvds.com:
Horrordvds.com - News:
This is to inform you about the street date change for our LAST HOUSE ON DEAD END STREET DVD. It has been pushed from its current September 24 release to October 22, 2002. The re-authoring and pre-mastering of both discs have been completed and the DLT tapes are at the replicator. The check discs for disc #2 arrived today and we expect those for disc #1 to arrive early next week. Both sets of check discs will be given a thorough QC for any mastering flaws and, assuming they pass the inspection, the final run will commence later next week. The fully packaged DVDs should ship from the replicator a few weeks after the final run has commenced. Thanks for your continued patience as we work towards bringing you the ultimate edition of Roger Watkins’ grindhouse relic.
Translating this to the MSCL-Release, I'd say we'll have to wait another week (or two) 'till AU will have the discs. :?
Jason returned the check discs about ten days ago now, assuming BMG corrected what may have needed to be corrected in "no time" and they immediately started replicating the discs, they should come to an end sometime soon. So probably we don't need to ask AU about the arrival of the discs everyday, at least until next week.

Of course, I will be perfectly fine if the discs show at AU's doorstep tomorrow morning. :D

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 20th 2002, 1:36 am

pgh_kenny wrote:No wonder we haven't received refunds yet, the AU accounting department is too busy filling out TPS reports. And the person in charge of refunds has nine bosses. With that I'll put my love of Office Space to rest.

:idea:
Don't feel pressured to put your Office Space love to rest.

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.

:D

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Sep 20th 2002, 8:25 am

candygirl wrote:
Don't feel pressured to put your Office Space love to rest.

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.

:D
Well, since you gave a stamp of approval, I'll indulge in one more Office Space memory and still try to keep the topic of this thread in mind:

At least every time we call AU we don't hear: "Goodmorningaccountspayable,Ninaspeaking!...JUST A MOMENT!!" and we should be careful before we "jump to conclusions" concerning why we were double charged. So what if AU employees only wear 15 pieces of flair. Or is it time for the efficiency experts?

Actually, I feel kind of bad about making fun of AU. So for anyone who loves the movie, you'll have a grand time reading the best Office Space quotes at:
http://www.moviequotes.com/repository/t ... 40304.html

If you have ever worked in an office and haven't seen Office Space, you should buy this movie. It is usually available for $6.

David Lambert
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Post by David Lambert » Sep 21st 2002, 10:23 am

the scheme that was used in the movie 'office space' where some soon to be fired employees were trying to slowly steal a fraction of a penny from each bank transaction
Uhhhh...wasn't that a sub-plot in Superman 3? Didn't Richard Pryor's character do that to come to the attention of his ultra-evil boss, Robert Vaughn? :eek:
DAVE LAMBERT
Memphis, TN

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Sep 21st 2002, 12:53 pm

David Lambert wrote:
the scheme that was used in the movie 'office space' where some soon to be fired employees were trying to slowly steal a fraction of a penny from each bank transaction
Uhhhh...wasn't that a sub-plot in Superman 3? Didn't Richard Pryor's character do that to come to the attention of his ultra-evil boss, Robert Vaughn? :eek:
Well in Office Space, after suggesting the idea, the guy says something along the lines of "I got it from Superman 3."

Or maybe you already knew that.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)