I JUST CALLED ANOTHER UNIVERSE !!! I HAVE NEWS !!!!!!!

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

I JUST CALLED ANOTHER UNIVERSE !!! I HAVE NEWS !!!!!!!

Post by MartinPierre » Sep 18th 2002, 4:02 pm

No, the DVD are not in yet... sorry. But we talked about it.

Here are the news so far :

1- They answered the phone... Why do people keep saying they don't answer the phone ? They always do when I call. I was not even put on hold ! And the call is thru their 1-888 line !

2 - BMG has not shipped the DVDs yet. It's not AU fault, it's BMGs. But it is coming.

3 - AU has all the boxes for the DVDs ready... Has soon as the DVDs are in the warehouse, they will start leaving the warehouse !

4 - They are auditing the order list, which has over 4000 orders !!! They will detect every :
a - non bill
b - Double bill
c - Cancellations

To make sure everybody was billed the right ammount

5 - They estimate it will take 4 to 5 business days to ship all the DVDs. They will work overtime and do it as fast as they can.

6 - The shipping to US ( and Canada where I live ) is via US postal priority service, which is usually not more than 5 to 7 days and often sooner. Of course, they don't have any control over that part.

7 - We talked about the Naggers : Around 20 to 30 people maximum are complaining out of 4000 orders. Furthermore, a lot more are indeed getting support ( such as me ) in a very timely manner ( I had a double-charge, a failed correction, a non billing : every problem and it was always fixed very fast ). We both think it is very odd. Why are everybody's else problems being corrected, but not these ? If it were the case, why don't they call over and over and over ???

siandam
Jody Barsh

Post by siandam » Sep 18th 2002, 4:39 pm

Thanks for all the info.

I really appreciate it.

north_Star98
Yearbook Team

Post by north_Star98 » Sep 18th 2002, 4:39 pm

hehe i didn't think the dvds were going to be shipped out...so when should we expect them...4-5 days + 5-7 days for shipping? so like 9-12 days? or should i just think....october sometime? it's soooo hard sitting here patiently. :P

thanks for all the info :)

north_Star98
Yearbook Team

Post by north_Star98 » Sep 18th 2002, 4:45 pm

ahh i get it now...9-12 days to ship everything and get them to us...but that doesnt include the time to receive them and get them in the boxes (ready to be shipped)....sigh...ok so october i'm thinking...cuz if you add 12 to 17...that's already the end of september...so perhaps...mid october?

jmwoodward

Re: I just called

Post by jmwoodward » Sep 18th 2002, 4:47 pm

I too called Another Universe today and talked to Wade. He told me the same story. That they were just waiting to get word from BMG on a new shipping date. He said AU had everything ready to go, they were just waiting on the DVD's. Wade was very polite. I had an overcharge problem myself and it did take several weeks (two phone calls and one email) to get it taken care of, but they did credit my account. Its too bad we don't have anyone to contact at BMG to ask when we're getting the Dvd's.

Jenny

Concettina
Jody Barsh

Post by Concettina » Sep 18th 2002, 5:24 pm

Why don't they "call over and over and over"? - well, perhaps because a whole load of them are in other countries all across the globe? Unless of course the lovely AU is going to pay the bill for the calls? Nah, didn't think so.... !

If you can't nag when you've had a substantial amount of money stolen from you and no refund after a month or two, let alone a wee e-mail to reassure you of anything, then I don't know when you can.... !

Why don't they refund this minority of naggers immeditately then - or do they ENJOY listening to them nag? Afterall, it's only 20-30 out of 4000... why is it that it's taking them MONTHS to refund them.... !

Nag, nag, nag, nag, nag......

THERE - that made me feel SOOOO much better.

Concetta

:lol:

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Re: I JUST CALLED ANOTHER UNIVERSE !!! I HAVE NEWS !!!!!!!

Post by dTheater » Sep 18th 2002, 11:04 pm

MartinPierre wrote: 7 - We talked about the Naggers : Around 20 to 30 people maximum are complaining out of 4000 orders. Furthermore, a lot more are indeed getting support ( such as me ) in a very timely manner ( I had a double-charge, a failed correction, a non billing : every problem and it was always fixed very fast ). We both think it is very odd. Why are everybody's else problems being corrected, but not these ? If it were the case, why don't they call over and over and over ???
Because AU has repeatedly requested that you NOT send multiple e-mails or multiple customer service form submissions or multiple phone calls because then they all go on file and they have to double and triple check them to make sure they haven't already been taken care of. Yet it's only the squeaky wheels that are getting refunds. So what are you supposed to do? Patiently wait or "nag" and hope that maybe you'll be one of the lucky "20 to 30".

Oh, and "20 to 30 max" is the understatement of the year as far as I'm concerned. Must be more along the lines of "200 to 300"
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

GordLacey
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Post by GordLacey » Sep 19th 2002, 12:04 am

MartinPierre wrote:7 - We talked about the Naggers : Around 20 to 30 people maximum are complaining out of 4000 orders. Furthermore, a lot more are indeed getting support ( such as me ) in a very timely manner ( I had a double-charge, a failed correction, a non billing : every problem and it was always fixed very fast ). We both think it is very odd. Why are everybody's else problems being corrected, but not these ? If it were the case, why don't they call over and over and over ???
Martin, I'll tell ya, there were a hell of a lot more people than 20 to 30 that used the customer service form to report problems. Many, many, many more.

Are you sure he didn't mean 20-30 people TODAY?

Gord

somamoon
Three Rivers Resident

Post by somamoon » Sep 19th 2002, 1:25 am

MartinPierre wrote:No, the DVD are not in yet... sorry. But we talked about it.

7 - We talked about the Naggers : Around 20 to 30 people maximum are complaining out of 4000 orders. Furthermore, a lot more are indeed getting support ( such as me ) in a very timely manner ( I had a double-charge, a failed correction, a non billing : every problem and it was always fixed very fast ). We both think it is very odd. Why are everybody's else problems being corrected, but not these ? If it were the case, why don't they call over and over and over ???
I took the proper channels and "nagged" AU numerous times (but not more than once via each medium AS THEY REQUESTED) for a month and a half after I was double charged. I never received a refund. With all due respect to Wade, it sounds like he's either covering up a problem or he hasn't been told everything and is confused about what's really going on (for his sake, I'm assuming it's the latter).

Thank you Gord, for being honest about the number of claims coming in.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Calling AU

Post by pgh kenny » Sep 19th 2002, 2:17 pm

For U.S. residents, I recommend calling AU at the toll free number. I called today about a double charge and someone immediately answered the phone. AU appears to have a database of all the billing activity, because the employee ('thomas') confirmed that I had been double billed and that my name would be put on the nightly list for refund of the overcharge.

I am not pleased that my credit card was double charged, and the slow rate (based on people's posts here) at which refunds are credited is disturbing. When I return an item to a large box or chain store, credit card refunds are issued the same day, at the point of sale and usually posted to the account within 2 to 3 days.

What is most unclear to me is how the double charges happened, technically speaking. My first 79.98 charge was in March, the double charge was in August. I'm sure their billing vendor or system didn't suddenly grow a mind of it's own. I do remember that the original plan was to simply authorize the 79.98 and then the charge would post at the shipping date, but then we all agreed to pay the 79.98 up front because an authorization can't be held for several months. I wonder if that has anything to do with it? Or were people who ordered later on after the initial period also affected by double charges?

Kenny

somamoon
Three Rivers Resident

Post by somamoon » Sep 19th 2002, 4:03 pm

Kenny - You brought up something that's been bugging me since the double charges first appeared. Back when we received the initial full charges in March, we were told that they had to do it because the CC numbers couldn't be held for more than a few months. Well July is 5 months after March...according to what they told us, the CC numbers should have been deleted by that point...their story just doesn't add up.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Sep 19th 2002, 5:22 pm

somamoon - what really gets on my nerves is that is seems like they know which people have been overcharged, so why didn't they just issue credit when they realized there was a problem. or at least fix the problem once the first few people were overcharged. i'll never understand why we had to contact them for our refunds.

My overcharge was on August 9th. There has been plenty of time for them to proactively correct the mistake - even if they had to do it manually. The only thing I can imagine is that the magnitude of the problem is so big that they are overwhelmed.

at least AU didn't try the scheme that was used in the movie 'office space' where some soon to be fired employees were trying to slowly steal a fraction of a penny from each bank transaction but their computer virus was faulty and ended up stealing several hundred thousands of dollars on the first day. i shouldn't speak too soon, with my luck daily 0.001 cent charges from the comicstore.com will start showing up on my account followed by a biannual charge of 79.98.

GordLacey
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Post by GordLacey » Sep 19th 2002, 5:39 pm

somamoon wrote:Kenny - You brought up something that's been bugging me since the double charges first appeared. Back when we received the initial full charges in March, we were told that they had to do it because the CC numbers couldn't be held for more than a few months. Well July is 5 months after March...according to what they told us, the CC numbers should have been deleted by that point...their story just doesn't add up.
I think the problem was something couldn't be authorized at one point and then charged months later. They have to charge the CC within 30 days, or it doesn't work. I'm assuming this is normally used to reserve a car or hotel room. The CC numbers are never deleted.

Gord

Concettina
Jody Barsh

Post by Concettina » Sep 19th 2002, 5:49 pm

That answer would make sense for a double charge, but what about the triple charges? I was double charged on the 9th, then triple charged on the 16th (of August). Were there many that were triple charged?

~Concetta

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 19th 2002, 7:20 pm

pgh_kenny wrote:at least AU didn't try the scheme that was used in the movie 'office space' where some soon to be fired employees were trying to slowly steal a fraction of a penny from each bank transaction but their computer virus was faulty and ended up stealing several hundred thousands of dollars on the first day. i shouldn't speak too soon, with my luck daily 0.001 cent charges from the comicstore.com will start showing up on my account followed by a biannual charge of 79.98.
My stapler!

:wink: