why i never make plans...

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Krakolano
Overlooked Sibling

why i never make plans...

Post by Krakolano » Sep 16th 2002, 12:10 pm

sooo....its been awhile since i've been here....i've found that avoiding this place altogether has made the wait a bit easier, because its not on my mind every day.....

...but what i want to know is, are the DVD's still expected to ship tomorrow, or have there been further unforseen delays. i know the bonus disc and the lunchbox are coming separately, i'm just wondering about the series discs themselves.

also...how many problems do you think we'll see about people getting just what they ordered? i.e., not getting the lunchbox, or getting the wrong set, etc.? with the customer service we've had so far, it would be logical to assume AU would only continue to mess things up. i'd better be getting a lunchbox for the extra money i doled out.

anyhoo.
yours truly,

Krak

"whatever happens, happens"
bastards.

Denie
Between Names

Re: why i never make plans...

Post by Denie » Sep 16th 2002, 3:25 pm

Krakolano wrote: ...but what i want to know is, are the DVD's still expected to ship tomorrow, or have there been further unforseen delays. i know the bonus disc and the lunchbox are coming separately, i'm just wondering about the series discs themselves.

anyhoo.
yours truly,

Krak

"whatever happens, happens"
bastards.
A couple of follow-up questions:
Will AU notify us by e-mail when the DVD ships?
Is there an estimated date of shipment for the lunchbox and bonus disc? I thought I might have read something about a date in October, but I can't remember.

The long wait is almost over! Happy happy joy joy! :D

Jessica Popsicles

Post by Jessica Popsicles » Sep 16th 2002, 3:38 pm

The Lunchbox and bonus disc are most likely going to be shipping in October, but there is no exact date and its not really confirmed that October is going to be when they ship for sure.

I've also been asking, I think I asked twice, if they were going to send us some kind of email confirmation or something when they ship our sets. I know that AU does give shipping confirmations for orders but for some reason with so many people getting this thing and them having to ship out a whole lot all at once I am thinking that we might not. I would really like a shipping confirmation, though just so I don't have to sit around and wonder when/ if it did ship.

Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Sep 16th 2002, 4:19 pm

Jessica Popsicles wrote:

I've also been asking, I think I asked twice, if they were going to send us some kind of email confirmation or something when they ship our sets. I know that AU does give shipping confirmations for orders but for some reason with so many people getting this thing and them having to ship out a whole lot all at once I am thinking that we might not. I would really like a shipping confirmation, though just so I don't have to sit around and wonder when/ if it did ship.
It seems to me that it would be much easier for AU to send out a mass e-mail to everyone when it ships. Otherwise, they can almost guarantee themselves extra (unnecessary) work replying to all the individual e-mails and phone calls they will get from customers asking about their order shipment.

Post by Guest » Sep 17th 2002, 5:53 am

Denie wrote:
Jessica Popsicles wrote:

It seems to me that it would be much easier for AU to send out a mass e-mail to everyone when it ships. Otherwise, they can almost guarantee themselves extra (unnecessary) work replying to all the individual e-mails and phone calls they will get from customers asking about their order shipment.
Yep, just like all the time they're wasting responding to those who were doublecharged, NOT! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Krakolano
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Krakolano » Sep 20th 2002, 1:33 pm

god, i HATE this.

its so close i can TASTE it...just gimme the damn set already.
"i don't believe in making plans...whatever happens... happens."

-- Krak

Ross Rojek
AnotherUniverse.com

Post by Ross Rojek » Sep 21st 2002, 4:51 pm

We will send out a mass e-mail and also individual shipping e-mails when the DVD starts shipping. We should also be using a tracking number for USPO so you'll be able to keep an eye on your shipment as it goes.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Sep 21st 2002, 6:08 pm

Ross Rojek wrote:We will send out a mass e-mail and also individual shipping e-mails when the DVD starts shipping. We should also be using a tracking number for USPO so you'll be able to keep an eye on your shipment as it goes.
Yeah, and I'll beleive that when I see it. So far I haven't gotten any of your "promised" emails. So much for building trust with your customers...

Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Sep 21st 2002, 10:10 pm

Ross Rojek wrote:We will send out a mass e-mail and also individual shipping e-mails when the DVD starts shipping. We should also be using a tracking number for USPO so you'll be able to keep an eye on your shipment as it goes.
Thanks for the update Ross!
I'm glad to hear that AU will be e-mailing everyone when the shipping starts. :)
And being able to track my package - definitely a good thing!
AU has made many mistakes during this DVD production. Finally you are doing something right. Thank you!!!

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Sep 23rd 2002, 9:06 am

Ross - who should I contact about getting our e-mail changed in your system? My husband and I changed our e-mail address since we pre-ordered, and I would like to update it. I want to be sure that my order has not been canceled. I wrote Justin two e-mails, my husband wrote one, and I left a message on your answering machine with our order number last Thursday.

Please let me know how I can update this, so I am not so nervous about not getting the set! (I heard that some people got e-mails canceling their order, and I hope that didn't happen to us. :shock: I want to double check that my order is still intact and that I will be getting the lunch box and bonus disc.)

"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

kmacp
Nicky Driscoll

Post by kmacp » Sep 24th 2002, 9:02 pm

I'm a little concerned about billing... i've found my "receipt" from AU and it's not very specific... it doesn't say what i've ordered or what i was charged or (what i was looking for) which credit card i used. I'm cancelling one of my cards, and i don't want to be denied a product i ordered more than 1/2 a year ago beause they can't charge me shipping.

that's another question.

The reason given for AU charging us a LONG time ago was that they couldn't keep the confirmation "open" that long, so how is that they're going to be able to charge for shipping?
and if it's just as easy as charging us, and that's it, then why couldn't they have done that for the product costs itself?

maybe all of these questions have already been answered, but i haven't received an email about anything since the beginning of June (when we were told to expect it in a little more than a month :roll: ) and quite frankly i resent having to wade through this message board looking for some valid responses.

I'm not exactly feeling encouraged to call AU either, with hearing other peoples' stories of poor customer service.

so if anyone has any light they could shed on this for me either send me a private message or post here
i'd appreciate it.

thanks