Go/No-Go For Launch -OR- Who's First And When?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Go/No-Go For Launch -OR- Who's First And When?

Post by Nostradamus » Sep 13th 2002, 8:50 am

With all the problems being reported here and the ship date approaching, I'm curious as to how many of you think you are "go" for DVD delivery. Has AU taken your payment, confirmed your order, and do they know your current mailing address? Have they given you any reason, such as a false cancellation report, to suspect that your order will not be on time?

I am not talking about the general delays with the set, which have given us all some concern, but rather specific problems, or the lack thereof, with regard to your individual orders. As an example, I have been slightly overcharged and am confused about which version of the set I will be receiving, but I have no reason to believe that my order will be delayed or sent to the wrong address.

My point being: It may be useful to have a short list of regular posters on this forum who expect to get the set as soon as it is shipped. Such a list could be compared to the first posts from those who do actually get the sets so as to give some indication of how the shipping is going (as well as bragging rights for the lucky first recipient, no doubt).

Not exactly scientific, I know, but someone already mentioned how painfully slow these last few days are going and I can't stand the wait without analyzing every last scrap of available information. This reminds me of a scene from the 80's Cold War flick "War Games", in which a computer glitch has made NORAD uncertain of whether there are really dozens of Soviet nukes inbound on the U.S. The only thing the senior general can think to do is call the commanders of the first bases projected to be hit and wait to see if they're still there afterwards. Hmm, I wonder if anyone ordered a set in Elmendorf, Alaska? :wink:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: Go/No-Go For Launch -OR- Who's First And When?

Post by Jason R » Sep 13th 2002, 8:54 am

Ooooh. Sounds like a good poll idea.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Sep 13th 2002, 9:08 am

I have not had any problems with AU at all (yet). Well, except for the VeriSign business, but that was resolved quickly.

I pre-ordered, so I should be getting the lunchbox, bonus disc, and all 19 episodes. My husband ordred it for me, so I am constantly asking if he has been double charged, etc., but he hasn't. We didn't receive the latest e-mail from AU, which freaked me out, but it turned out our home e-mail address changed since we ordered it. When I tell my husband that I am worried that something will go wrong (i.e. I won't get the DVD when it ships), he calls me crazy. He believes that the order is good, we have been charged only once, and I should get the set after it ships. I am nervous about AU not having our new e-mail address, so I wrote Justin and he has not written me back yet. My husband also e-mailed someone who has not responded yet, either. I just hope my order hasn't been "accidentally canceled" without my knowledge.

So, all in all, I have not had any problems, and I should get the set shortly after it ships, since I live in the US. We'll see. :?
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

David Lambert

Post by David Lambert » Sep 13th 2002, 11:03 am

"We're Go, Flight."

At this time I see no reason that I shouldn't get exactly what I ordered, as soon as AU can get it to me.

rainydayjanes
Nicky Driscoll

Post by rainydayjanes » Sep 13th 2002, 11:22 am

I got overcharged, but that's been my only problem. (And that was refunded veeeery quickly once the lovely folks at my Visa got involved--which I feel sort of bad about, but I did give AU the chance to fix it on their own first.) I haven't moved or changed email addresses since ordering and haven't had any erroneous cancellation notices or anything, so, in theory, I should (eventually) get a lunchbox, episodes 1-19, and the bonus disc, and since I live in the states, I think a reasonable oustide estimate for having the first part of the shipment would be, like, the last week of September, maybe the 24th, definitely by the 27th. (Assuming they ship on time, this accounts for the fact that I live in Maryland and that our mail is pretty slow.) We'll see, I guess. I'm not even necessarily cautiously optimistic, but I'm much more concerned about the potential nightmare of the lunchbox/bonus DVD shipment than I am about this one. Not to be all doom-and-gloom or anything. I'm hoping for pleasant surprises, but I'm not expecting them by any stretch of the imagination.

I guess my point is, I have no reason to suspect that I won't get what I ordered within a reasonable time after it ships--except for the fact that I also have no reason to suspect that the final phase of this project will be less problem-free than any of the other phases. Gosh, this feels so negative. I hate to be negative. I'm really hoping things go well. I want them to go well. I want this project to catch a break, you know? I'm so excited about this release, and about the idea of being able to have an MSCL marathon with my roomie, and I can't wait to have the stuff. But my practical side keeps telling me not to get my hopes up... (to be fair, I'm looking for a job right now as well, so I'm kind of stuck in permanent "Don't get your hopes up" mode...)

siandam
Jody Barsh

Go/no go

Post by siandam » Sep 13th 2002, 11:38 am

I feel pretty positive that I will be receiving my set. Fortunately I have not had any charging problems so far, knock wood. And since I have confirmed my order with AU I think I am a go.

But, I did not get in early enough on the pre-sale to get the lunch box, so I think I would be pretty far along on the shipping list and with the explanation I got from AU about shipping four thousand sets blah, blah blahcakes, I’m thinking I won’t be receiving my set until early October.

Better late than never, I’m thinking at this point.

[ot] By the way – what is the estimated delivery on the bonus disc? [/ot]

DrLemonBurn
Three Rivers Resident

Go Go Go!

Post by DrLemonBurn » Sep 13th 2002, 1:37 pm

I ordered on 2/9 (from a computer I don't even own anymore) and hadn't had any problems at all until 7/23. I haven't done anything drastic about the extra charges yet, so I figure my order should be fine. In fact, I may get two or three. Well, more like two and a half. :wink:

Also, my week had been going very, very slowly to match the passage of time on this messageboard... that is, until I re-discovered Minesweeper! Now I'm killing time like there were all the tomorrows I could eat. (If you followed that, you get two Magic Star Points.) I thought today was Wednesday, for chrissakes! :D So all I can say is find something stupid, and do it!!!
so says Sparx.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: Go Go Go!

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 13th 2002, 3:00 pm

DrLemonBurn wrote:Also, my week had been going very, very slowly to match the passage of time on this messageboard... that is, until I re-discovered Minesweeper! Now I'm killing time like there were all the tomorrows I could eat. (If you followed that, you get two Magic Star Points.) I thought today was Wednesday, for chrissakes! :D So all I can say is find something stupid, and do it!!!
I rediscovered that pinball game on my computer. Hours and hours of fun.

:D

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Sep 13th 2002, 4:07 pm

I got overcharged but got my money back. And TODAY I got an e-mail answer telling me they had corrected my address which makes me happy and relieved. The country info was missing before.

I think I will get the set. I hope I will. I don't see any logical reason not to get it. Only.. I don't know how long it will take since I live in Sweden. And I don't know how much the shipping will accually be since I'm not sure when I ordered the set.

Jessica Popsicles

Post by Jessica Popsicles » Sep 13th 2002, 5:22 pm

I ordered on the 2nd day the pre-order started and I haven't had any problems at all.
I called a few weeks back to make sure my order was all set anyway and they said it was fine.
I did have to change my email address though and I don't know if that has been done yet. In my email that I sent for the email address change I asked them to make sure not to cancel my order or anything. Hah. Only because people were saying that when they submitted different kinds of problems their orders got cancelled. I do not want that at all!

So! I am pretty sure, and I am hoping, that I will get this set by the end of this coming week!

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Sep 14th 2002, 2:37 pm

I should get it, but I prob'ly won't 'cause AU sucks.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

nkatsa
Three Rivers Resident

Post by nkatsa » Sep 14th 2002, 5:56 pm

i may be in the fortunate minority, but i haven't had a single problem since I ordered my set... and I was mailed that confirmation slip that I had been charged just once... And I live in California, so I'm hoping it'll get to me pretty quickly without any problems (knock on wood ;) )

candygirl- no kidding! i'm hooked on that pinball game. i once was so bored and on such a roll that i scored 15,000,000.
I bet you can actually die of embarrassment. I bet it's been medically proven.

GordLacey
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Post by GordLacey » Sep 14th 2002, 6:20 pm

nkatsa wrote:candygirl- no kidding! i'm hooked on that pinball game. i once was so bored and on such a roll that i scored 15,000,000.
Totally off-topic...

I love the "ProPinball" series of pinball games. I think they sell all 4 in a bundle for very, very cheap. Do a search and see what you come up with. They are easily the best pinball games I've played on the computer. I was playing one of them in the hotel when Jason and I were in LA :)

Gord

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Pinball Nostalgia

Post by Nostradamus » Sep 14th 2002, 9:15 pm

The "Space Cadet" pinball freebie that came with my current PC is ok, but I miss the freebies I had on my old one: CyberGirl and Enigma. If your score was high enough Cybergirl would change color! Woohoo! :lol:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 14th 2002, 11:09 pm

nkatsa wrote:candygirl- no kidding! i'm hooked on that pinball game. i once was so bored and on such a roll that i scored 15,000,000.
WOW! When I lived at home, my sister and I used to play that pinball game to procrastinate whenever one of us had a paper due. We had an ongoing high score tournament so each time one of us attained the highest score, we would entire our names as "ha! I beat you" "you'll never score this high!" and the like. I think the highest I ever scored was 5 million though.

You are the ultimate pinball champion!

:D