UK overcharged customer seeks similar to share woes

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
orlando

UK overcharged customer seeks similar to share woes

Post by orlando » Sep 7th 2002, 11:24 am

...must have GSOH!
So I finally decide to order it and of course I'm overcharged by $61.95.
This is illegal right? They can't actually bill you one amount and charge the other? I'm hoping so and my bank can sort it as I have no faith in AU doing it.
Anyone else from Britain or, hey, the EU (we'll join properly one day!) having similar problems? I'd love to hear about it - seriously, make me feel less alone.

somamoon
Three Rivers Resident

Post by somamoon » Sep 7th 2002, 3:14 pm

I'm pretty sure Joanna was from the UK...but I think she cancelled her order a few months back when she was overcharged and someone was trying to convince us that the whole project was a scam.

check

Re: UK overcharged customer seeks similar to share woes

Post by check » Sep 7th 2002, 4:11 pm

orlando wrote:...must have GSOH!
This is illegal right? They can't actually bill you one amount and charge the other? I'm hoping so and my bank can sort it as I have no faith in AU doing it.
sounds like you didn't use the shipping coupon.

orlando

Re: UK overcharged customer seeks similar to share woes

Post by orlando » Sep 7th 2002, 5:00 pm

check wrote:
orlando wrote:...must have GSOH!
sounds like you didn't use the shipping coupon.
Sadly i did, but assumed I didn't qualify so...I may have been overcharged by $79.95 (since shipping to the UK is meant to be$18) sigh...

orlando

Post by orlando » Sep 7th 2002, 5:03 pm

er...that should've been $ 18 . nothing to smile about (in shades or not!)

Post by Guest » Sep 8th 2002, 6:39 am

I'm from the UK, and they so far have not cocked up my DVD order. They have, however, charged me an extra $40 for the accompanying T-shirt :cry: .

orlando

Post by orlando » Sep 8th 2002, 9:25 am

Anonymous wrote:I'm from the UK, and they so far have not cocked up my DVD order. They have, however, charged me an extra $40 for the accompanying T-shirt :cry: .
hmm...did you want a t-shirt? I was never offered one. How about I pay you $20 and we'll share it (half a year each - baggsy the summer months!!)
Anyway...
So, if you don't mind me asking, deducting the $40 for the shirt how much was your CC/DC charged?

Pedro!

Post by Pedro! » Sep 8th 2002, 9:26 am

Thats similar to what happened to me - I got charged £19.99 for the t-shirt, and a whopping £40.00 for the postage!!!!!!

Ridiculous. :roll:

CheapWallpaper
Nicky Driscoll

Post by CheapWallpaper » Sep 8th 2002, 11:04 am

I was charged $20 in Feburary (deposit), then $79.98 in April (completing the price for the DVD set.)

As for the T-Shirt business, AU basically seemed to have cocked it up entirely. I have several e-mails, and a printout of the order screen stating the total price to be around $20 (explicitly stating free shipping). They then charged me $40 for shipping (above the $20 for the t-shirt.) I believe AU have basically made a huge mistake, but it is not our job to pay for it. If they wish, I am quite prepared to send them the t-shirt back if I get a full refund of the $60 and my own shipping costs returned :D . It has now been many, many weeks since my first contact with AU, so I will be reporting them to the authorities soon.
Last edited by CheapWallpaper on Sep 10th 2002, 5:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

Pedro
Let's Bolt Regular

Hi from the north!

Post by Pedro » Sep 8th 2002, 10:33 pm

Hey Cheap Wallpapaer,

Whereabouts in the north are you? I'm in Merseyside - had same prob with the t-shirt shipping.Email Ross and he will refund the shipping. Probably.

Rhibar
Tino

Me too

Post by Rhibar » Sep 9th 2002, 7:09 am

Im from London and got charged $115 twice, Still waiting for the refund after 2 months.

barlow

overcharge

Post by barlow » Sep 9th 2002, 10:19 am

I am in Leeds.
Go t charged $20, then $79.98 and guess what, then another $79.98
Rang AU and was told that there would be a refund in 7-10 days.
Guess what? Nothing!

I am now about to ask the card company to recover the whole lot for me, and cancel the order.
I am sure that the changes in price and shipping date have rendered any original agreement invalid.

I really want the set, but you can only have the piss taken out of you so many times.
I am now tending to believe this is some sort of fraud, as I find it difficult to believe that anyone can run a "business" so incompetently.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: overcharge

Post by Jason R » Sep 9th 2002, 11:54 am

It really sucks to be having to use incompetence as a best case scenario for problems. I recommend emailing ross@comicshop.net. give him the day to fix the problem. otherwise, do what you have to do.

barlow

Post by barlow » Sep 9th 2002, 12:16 pm

Thanks,

I've sent the mail.

mkourdi
Tino

Post by mkourdi » Sep 9th 2002, 7:53 pm

I live in France and i've also been triple charged :?

And, Jason, so far, Ross did not reply but txs again for the help!