UK overcharged customer seeks similar to share woes

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Rhibar
Tino

email

Post by Rhibar » Sep 10th 2002, 5:21 am

is that a new email for Ross, i havent seen it or used it before,
Wish me luck!!!

barlow

jason...

Post by barlow » Sep 10th 2002, 2:17 pm

Sorry, man.

Did as you asked, mailed your friend a day and a half ago, and still no reply.
Thanks for trying, but got no option now but to get the card company involved, and point them to the rest of the posts on here so they know that mine is definately the norm, and not the exception.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: jason...

Post by Jason R » Sep 10th 2002, 2:24 pm

argh.

this is what sucks about acting as a go-between. when the other party doesn't do what it says it is doing, it makes the go-between look like a dufus. i would send one additional email. with "high priority" tag. i know he is getting emails, because i got one about 30 minutes ago.

signed,
jason, the dufus

Highlander
Tino

Another Brit

Post by Highlander » Sep 11th 2002, 8:12 am

I am also having problems in the UK.

Not apparently overcharged (yet!) but I got the cancellation
email, which I dont want.

No response to emails, or customer form, and I refuse to call
an international phone number. It has been almost a month
now without response to my emails.
Jase
"Victims; aren't we all?"

Hardware

Me too!

Post by Hardware » Sep 11th 2002, 4:44 pm

I'm from Southampton, I've been charged the $20 + $79.98 + $79.98.

I've mailed the dvdsupport address, do I wait a few weeks before I call the bank too?

Has anyone actually been refunded by AU? I see lots of people complaining about over and double charges but no-one saying that they've got their money back!

Cheers,
Paul H.

GordLacey
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Re: Me too!

Post by GordLacey » Sep 11th 2002, 5:02 pm

Hardware wrote:Has anyone actually been refunded by AU? I see lots of people complaining about over and double charges but no-one saying that they've got their money back!
David Lambert got his money back and I believe he started a thread about it. Yup, here it is...
http://www.mscl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=936

Gord

David Lambert

Post by David Lambert » Sep 11th 2002, 10:42 pm

Yeah, since noone's replied to that extra-long post, I'll sum it up by saying that YES, I got my money back.

That's because I:
1) Started the process of disputing the charge, and told Ross I would
2) Filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and told Ross I did
3) Threatened to file with the CA Attorney General's office if my dispute forms got filed before I got a refund
4) Threatened to file a complaint with the CA Dept. of Consumer Affairs based on the same deadline as #3
5) Mentioned the possibility of contacting the media...say, "60 Minutes"?

I encourage everyone else who isn't satisfied to do what THEY have to do to get their overcharges refunded. Links are at the bottom of the post of mine that Gord linked to above.

Good luck...you'll need it. And, when the set's in hand and you're satisfied you won't return it for a refund, make sure you change your credit card #'s so AU can't put more overcharges on them again later! :(

barlow

Hey Jason

Post by barlow » Sep 12th 2002, 7:39 am

Guess what, I got my refund!!

I was just about to ring the card company, checked my account to make sure first, and lo and behold, there it was, minus about £3.50 ($5) that I lost in changes in exchange rate :)

Still not a word from anyone to aplogise or explain, but hey, after seeing other peoples complaints I am happy enough just getting the mony back!

All I can suggest to other overchargies is to mail ross@comicshop.net and give him a day (or three) as Jason suggested. It appears to have worked for me.

Now I just have to wait and see how many times I am charged for shipping :)

Thanks Jason

mkourdi
Tino

Post by mkourdi » Sep 13th 2002, 9:18 am

I just got a refund for the first overcharge but not the second!

it's better than nothing :?

Concettina
Jody Barsh

Post by Concettina » Sep 14th 2002, 9:09 am

I'm from Scotland, UK and just received my credit card statement to find out that I've been charged $69.98 twice over the past month (after having paid them the original amount months ago!) Disgrace is not the word.

E-mailed Ross today, so we'll see what happens. Though I have very little faith after having read these forums for the past few months. I'll be calling my credit card company first thing Monday for their advice, too.

Concetta

Gayle

Post by Gayle » Sep 16th 2002, 2:09 pm

I'm from Bristol UK and got the same problem as Highlander. No double charges as yet but i also got the pissy e-mail saying my order was in danger of being cancelled. I filled in the dry grass form and got a reply saying Jason opened it (Thanx Jason) but other than that i don't know if they have cancelled my order or what....Just wish they'd sort their communication out and remember that people in the UK do find it difficult to ring the numbers given at the bottom of e-mails...

Just gonna hang on and wait. After all they have my money after forcing them to actually take it.... :wink:

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Sep 17th 2002, 5:01 am

Hey,
From London and (I'm holding a big stick of wood very tightly here) no overcharge and no problems as yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if disaster struck. Pissed off, but not surprised.

:)

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

Rhibar
Tino

Email address not working!

Post by Rhibar » Sep 17th 2002, 6:40 am

Well, i tried that other email address for Ross that Jason gave, didnt hear a thing. So i called the cc company and no refund. Its now in their hands to chase AU for the money.

I will take it further if i have to!

rhi
UK

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Re: Email address not working!

Post by mephisto » Sep 17th 2002, 9:09 am

Rhibar wrote:Well, i tried that other email address for Ross that Jason gave, didnt hear a thing. So i called the cc company and no refund. Its now in their hands to chase AU for the money.

I will take it further if i have to!
I also didn't get a reply to my e-mail or customer form. But: I called them and they said that they are aware of my problem and that they are trying to fix all problems. I don't have my money back yet, but I'm willing to give them some time. After the phone call they even sent me an e-mail with an apology

I suggest that you call them to, it just gives you a better feeling

Michael

ordering from uk

Post by Michael » Sep 18th 2002, 7:44 am

Hi im from uk and was wondering where u order the dvd box set of my so called life from. If someone can help would be much appreciated.as all the sites i have visited are in us funds. so how do u convert into uk money, or do they do that automatically if u send a check or pay by credit card. pls help am very stressed.

E-mail me-welshy48@hotmail.com

thanks pls sumone help