SEND A FRICKING EMAIL OUT

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
starbug
Lifehead

SEND A FRICKING EMAIL OUT

Post by starbug » Sep 5th 2002, 5:29 am

I'm sorry to shout but I'm really getting irritated now. It's 12 days til the set ships, and on this board I've been reading various rumours (some substantiated by Jason or AU, some not) about what's shipping, when it's shipping, when it should arrive (apparently there are 4000 sets now and they can't ship them all at once) blah blah blah. The confusion here is intense and AU should at least do us the courtesy of telling us what the "(*& is going on...

A point, which I know, has been made by others first; we should not have to be proactive about coming to a site and searching through threads for snippets of information which sometimes conflict with each other...

so, AU, do what everyone wants for once and send a comprehensive email telling us everything we need to know (including international shipping charges, over which there has been some difficulty I think)!! :twisted:

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Sep 5th 2002, 10:47 am

Like, seriously. Someone please send out an e-mail detailing exactly what we should be expecting... or something. This is getting ridiculous.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Sep 5th 2002, 10:55 am

I am told that one is expected to be coming soon. If you get it, please post it here as I am not on the email list.

Jason fact #2: I don't actually own a DVD player... yet. You thought you were the only one. Kinda ironic. I know. (full disclosure, I do have a dvd-rom drive in my computer)

Jason

Megs wrote:Like, seriously. Someone please send out an e-mail detailing exactly what we should be expecting... or something. This is getting ridiculous.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 5th 2002, 4:04 pm

Slightly related - when I first heard that MSCL was being released on DVD, I emailed my friend with MSCL OCD, but she said she didn't have a DVD player.

She had already purchased a copy of the Simpsons Season 1 DVD, you know, for that day in the future when she got around to buying a player. :D

She finally gave in and bought a DVD player!

Anakin
Let's Bolt Regular

DVD Player

Post by Anakin » Sep 5th 2002, 9:38 pm

I also don't have a DVD player at home and my computer is not installed with DVD-ROM. I think I'll watch the MSCL DVD by PS2, but the PS2 is borrowed from my brother. :wink:
If you will not fight, then you will meet your destiny!

GordLacey
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Post by GordLacey » Sep 6th 2002, 12:24 am

candygirl wrote:She had already purchased a copy of the Simpsons Season 1 DVD, you know, for that day in the future when she got around to buying a player. :D
I had over 20 DVDs before I bought a player, and the funny thing is...I haven't watched some of the first DVDs I bought :)

Gord, the guy with a lot of DVDs still in the wrappers...

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 6th 2002, 1:45 am

Like I told my friend, it's more important to buy the DVD while you can so that you can watch it at your leisure some time during the rest of your life.

Otherwise you will wish that you had bought that DVD and kick yourself when you have a craving to see that one thing.

:D

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Sep 6th 2002, 1:43 pm

Uh... yeah... My husband and I own over 200 DVDs. We are sick. At one point, we owned more than the local Blockbuster. We should rent them out and make money. Some we only watched once. And we still haven't watched Eyes Wide Shut. We own it, but have never watched it. I still have no idea why we bought it! I am so happy about our most recent purchase, the Band of Brothers DVD, which we pre-ordered from Best Buy. Can't wait for November for that!

When we were in college, we would watch DVDs on his tiny computer screen, or link it through to the TV somehow. We did this until about a year ago, when we broke down and bought a real DVD player. It's so nice to actually watch it on our TV and not a computer screen! :lol:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 6th 2002, 3:44 pm

Megs wrote:My husband and I own over 200 DVDs. We are sick.
Repeat after me: it is not an illness. It's a hobby. :D

Just look at your collection as collateral. If you ever REALLY need money, you know what to sell. Start with that Eyes Wide Shut DVD.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Sep 6th 2002, 3:59 pm

:lol:

I actually thought I would start by selling my husband's Rollerball. Or Future Sport.

Our first DVD purchase was Godzilla. Yup. The version with Matthew Broderick.

bonho

Eyes Wide Shut~

Post by bonho » Sep 6th 2002, 8:45 pm

[quote="Megs"]And we still haven't watched Eyes Wide Shut. We own it, but have never watched it. I still have no idea why we bought it! [quote]

Do yourself a favor - get rid of it, BEFORE you watch it. I'm sure Kubrick just did it as a public service, to keep Tom Cruise from making any other movies for two years.

David Lambert

Post by David Lambert » Sep 7th 2002, 8:28 am

My husband and I own over 200 DVDs. We are sick.

1,473 DVDs here...today. With MSCL and more on-the-way! :mrgreen:

ClarenceWorley
Let's Bolt Regular

DVDs - A great way to lighten your wallet

Post by ClarenceWorley » Sep 7th 2002, 12:11 pm

Megs wrote:Uh... yeah... My husband and I own over 200 DVDs. We are sick.
Just thought I'd chime in and do a, "me too."

Yep, I too have over 200 and more by the week. Until I managed to get some free time, I previously had around 30 titles I hadn't even looked at. Though, I still have 35 commentaries yet to listen to. :?
David Lambert wrote:1,473 DVDs here...today. With MSCL and more on-the-way!
I never imagined anyone could have too many DVDs...

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: DVDs - A great way to lighten your wallet

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 7th 2002, 10:09 pm

ClarenceWorley wrote: I never imagined anyone could have too many DVDs...
I like to say that you can never have enough underwear or music. I'll add DVDs to that saying.

:D

David Lambert

Post by David Lambert » Sep 7th 2002, 11:33 pm

I bought 4 more today.... :oops: