I, too, am having Another Universe problems

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

I, too, am having Another Universe problems

Post by Jason R » Sep 4th 2002, 4:18 pm

I have been accused repeatedly by the CEO of AU of trying to disrupt this project. Why? I have no idea. Seems like a case of shoot the messenger. Have I been critical of them online? Yes. Would I look like an idiot if I did not respond to the complaints in the forums in a serious manner? YES.

I have been accused of posting complaints anonymously on the forum. Sorry, AU, but there is no shortage of complaints. I think you owe these people an apology for the appalling manner with which this has been handled. I think you owe me apology, as well. As you can see, I am not posting this anonymously. The truth sets you free.

Additionally I was accused of having the customer service page built without their feedback and that I didn't ask if they wanted to use it. Meanwhile, it was built out of necessity, so that I would not be answering their complaint emails all day. I did not ask Gord to build it for them. I had it built to free myself from them.

I was also accused of encouraging people to cancel their orders. That is funny. I thought people were cancelling their orders because they are not getting responses from AU and they are having order problems. Where have I once asked people to cancel their orders?

I am just furious right now. You all do what you have to do. I don't work for AU.com. I work for you, the people I led to AU in the first place.

Jason
Last edited by Jason R on Sep 6th 2002, 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

StrawberryGirl
Three Rivers Resident

Post by StrawberryGirl » Sep 4th 2002, 4:44 pm

Yikes Jason- that SUCKS. Where do they get off, blaming ANYTHING on you? They want to know why people are cancelling their orders, they don't have to go much further than their own crappy customer service. I have been trying my hardest to see where these people are coming from, and to give them the benefit of the doubt, but they're making it pretty hard.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Sep 4th 2002, 4:51 pm

Wow, Jason. I really don't know what to say. I did almost choke on my Ritz S'mores sandwich crackers (which I highly recommend) when I read your message, because I thought that you were finally fed up and throwing in the towel. :cry: :shock:

I, too, think that the manner in which AU is treating you is horrifying, not to mention inexcusable. Especially since for the vast majority of us, you are the only reason we have stuck this out for so long. You are the only one that I trust. I admit that I have had no problems with AU thus far, but that always seems to be the kiss of death. I am happy that my husband paid for the set with our American Express card, because if we were double billed, you bet your ass they would fight for me.

You are the only reason why I am waiting patiently for the DVD set to arrive. You have brought it to us, and for that I am forever thankful. I am so happy that I stumbled onto this site in February, and was able to be a part of the pre-order. (By the by, I am the person who wrote you way back when about AU not having their SSL certificate and was hesitant to buy on-line from them. You answered my e-mail right away, as did Justin from AU, and it was fixed in a manner of days.)

So, what was my point? I have no idea. But... thank you, very much, for everything.
:)
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

kenickie
Three Rivers Resident

Finding it difficult....

Post by kenickie » Sep 4th 2002, 6:03 pm

Yes, even I of the "let's all calm down and not blame AU" viewpoint am finding it really hard not to get angry. This many people can't be wrong right? Jason if AU have to try and blame you for the crap that is happenning then that just proves how bad they are. As one of the other posters said, you are the only reason I am waiting for my DVD patiently. You have worked so hard for this project, a thing that you once described as you're baby.
AU need to sort this s**t out. Even I am sick of them now. And although I still pity the person on the other end of their phone lines, I am starting to feel like they aren't trying hard enough and that they deserve the beating they are getting.
I work for Orange in the uk (the mobile phone company). And even with the 12 hour shifts I work, and after speaking to the most ignorant, stupid people, I manage to give better customer service. If Orange operated like AU, then we'd go under. I think AU want to think about it.

And we havn't heard from anyone from AU lately... funny that. :x
Let's make the memories that dreamers only claim,
But it's hard, when the world knows your name.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

follow up

Post by Jason R » Sep 4th 2002, 6:53 pm

It is probably incredibly unprofessional for me, a marketer, to be venting here. However, I am not merely a marketer when it comes to this project. I take it very seriously. I feel responsible when people run into problems. I think my record speaks for itself.

I just received an email from AU. It promises an apology to all of those who were affected by the double charges. It promises to outline what caused the problems and the steps being taken to make sure you are not being charged until you are 78 (unless you are 78 already, in which case, you will be dead by then. Sorry, dem's da breaks).

However, I still think I am owed an apology as well. It's not like I drove a flaming school bus through their warehouse wall. I helped them to sell a ton of DVDs. The end result might look like a flaming bus hit their warehouse, but it is not my fault. As I learned at good old Rutgers Business School:

selling lots of stuff = good

And even though my school was run by communists and attended by liberal arts students, that lesson rings true. (I also learned something about supply and demand, but I forgot how that goes).

In any case. I'm still pissed. However, I think that people should listen to what AU has to say. We are almost there. We're all just going a little crazy now from waiting so long and dealing with so much.

Best
Jason
Last edited by Jason R on Sep 4th 2002, 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Debs
Liberty High Student

Post by Debs » Sep 4th 2002, 7:23 pm

It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.

And repeat... :roll:
Mom. Streamers?

Debs
Liberty High Student

Post by Debs » Sep 4th 2002, 7:24 pm

It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.

Mom. Streamers?

tridentdps
Tino

Post by tridentdps » Sep 4th 2002, 7:25 pm

Jason - It's always nice when your "Boss" blames you for what are clearly his failings. I have learned (Not at Rutgers btw) that it is just their own lack of self esteem boiling over to the surface. You have every right to be angry, and if the AU CEO is any kind of a decent person, he/she will apologize. It's a one-in-ten shot that they will, but if they do, then maybe the future holds promise to do great things together. Else, just move on to another producer/provider who is worthy of your efforts. Clearly you hold the moral high ground.

AJ

Debs
Liberty High Student

Post by Debs » Sep 4th 2002, 7:25 pm

It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.
It will all be worth it.

Mom. Streamers?

tridentdps
Tino

Post by tridentdps » Sep 4th 2002, 7:27 pm

Jason - It's always nice when your "Boss" blames you for what are clearly his failings. I have learned (Not at Rutgers btw) that it is just their own lack of self esteem boiling over to the surface. You have every right to be angry, and if the AU CEO is any kind of a decent person, he/she will apologize. It's a one-in-ten shot that they will, but if they do, then maybe the future holds promise to do great things together. Else, just move on to another producer/provider who is worthy of your efforts. Clearly you hold the moral high ground.

AJ

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 4th 2002, 8:20 pm

Jason, I marvel that you were so patient for so long. Like I once posted, I would have lost my temper much earlier in the process. You have done a tremendous job dealing with irate customers on the board, BMG's delays, and AU's general boneheadedness. It is not unprofessional for you to vent like a normal human being and to share the irrational words that were handed down to you by AU. My words might not make your bank account feel as good as your paycheck will, but I know I speak for MANY people when I say that your efforts are appreciated by us, even the people who don't post their thanks because they are afraid to even read the DVD forum anymore. Chin up - the fruit of your, well, not loins, but your persistence is about to bloom.

still a member of the isn't jason great club,
candygirl

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Sep 4th 2002, 8:43 pm

Debs - just wanted to say that I love your quote about the "juicy sweetness". :lol:

Yeah, and where can I sign up to be a member of the "Isn't Jason great" club? I think he deserves a freaking Medal of Honor; or at the very least, the Nobel Peace Prize.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Anakin
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Anakin » Sep 4th 2002, 11:11 pm

It's so ridiculous that such company would doing their business this way! :x
For all of us know that AU is suck and provide bad customer service,
and now they even accuse the most helpful messenger who is not getting paid at all unreasonably?!
Is AU's CEO blind, mentally ill or something?
I start to suspect whether we really can get our DVD from such irresponsible company! :evil:

We'll stand by you, Jason!
Last edited by Anakin on Sep 4th 2002, 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you will not fight, then you will meet your destiny!

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Sep 4th 2002, 11:31 pm

Anakin,
I never made any secret of the fact that I am supposed to get paid for my involvement in this. That's something for me to pursue with AU, not here. Your other concerns certainly belong here, though.

I may have changed in the mood and spirit of my posts over the last 6-7 months, but I learned one thing about marketing online (not taught at Rutgers Business School). If you are going to bullshit, don't do it on a message board with thousands of visitors. Someone out there will always call it what it is.

I cannot say everything is ok when something is fundamentally not OK. I am told that an apology from AU is forthcoming. Let's see what they say, and what they intend to do to prevent future problems. I expect to receive an apology as well.

Jason

David Lambert

Post by David Lambert » Sep 5th 2002, 7:03 am

To give credit where credit is due:

I got the following note from Ross Rojek, that was sent at 1:12 AM last night (burning the midnight oil?)
To start with, I'm sorry that you were double charged. It's not something we did on purpose or wanted to happen.

Your credit was processed last week. I'm not sure it it was a result of your e-mail, or filling out the form on drygrass, but it was processed and submitted. Please let me know when it shows up on your account.

Ross Rojek
Sounds like an apology to me.