Double Charged

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Jul 26th 2002, 4:33 pm

Congratulations Jason! I wish you and your soon-to-be-wife much happiness.

It saddens me that you have to deal with AU's continuing bull****, especially now. Their complete lack of professionalism is appalling.
Jason, you deserve better too!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 26th 2002, 6:04 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:I haven't said this here before, but I am getting married in two weeks. I am already stressing out.
Congratulations & good luck! If you can make it through the next few weeks, everything else will be a breeze.

Hope you have your own Serge to help you out!

Debs
Liberty High Student

Post by Debs » Jul 26th 2002, 7:48 pm

Yes good luck Jason. You're one in a million. You deserve the very best.

XXXX
Mom. Streamers?

Post by Guest » Jul 27th 2002, 4:17 am

I was double charged also. I called them and got my money back in like 3 days. I had to cancel also. my cat got deathly ill and i needed the money :cry:

somamoon
Three Rivers Resident

Post by somamoon » Jul 27th 2002, 3:51 pm

Another double charge here...I already emailed Jason. It scared me, but I'm calm now that someone reported getting refunded already.

Double charged

Post by guest » Jul 27th 2002, 7:52 pm

Hey you guys, it happened to me too. Call your bank or credit card company, they will get your money back faster then dealing with AU.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: Double charged

Post by Jason R » Jul 27th 2002, 8:40 pm

Even if you report it to your card yourself, please send me your order number. I am forwarding all double charge cases to the merchant account provider. I am still submitting cancellations to AU, but I am going one step further and forwarding them to the merchant account provider to find out the cause.

AU is not asking me to do this for them. I am just doing it because these double charges are driving me nuts. 100% unprofessional. 100%Inexcusable. And I have been way too tolerant of errors in the past. No more. I really am quite annoyed about this.

If you encountered a problem, please forward your order number to me, along with a brief description.

Thanks,
Jason
jasonr@mscl.com
guest wrote:Hey you guys, it happened to me too. Call your bank or credit card company, they will get your money back faster then dealing with AU.

alvaro
Frozen Embryo

double charged

Post by alvaro » Jul 29th 2002, 5:09 am

Hello, i haven´t been double charged, i think because the credit card that i have used to pay the charges is not valid now, my bank has changed my old credit card for other new. In the meantime i try to update the information that is in my dossier in another universe in order to pay the shipping cost (when/if the item ships) but another universe don´t answer and Jason gets me crazy, but, at least, i haven´t been double charged, by now. They kill the illusion.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: double charged

Post by Jason R » Jul 29th 2002, 8:51 am

Dude, I ask you when it is ok to call you and I get an email back saying, "call me now!!!!"

Meanwhile, it is like 7-8 hours time difference, so you are emailing me when I am sleeping. Besides that, the number you sent me does not work. I've called people all over the world, racking up quite a phone bill (which has not been reimbursed, I might add). I am certainly not avoiding you. I recommend calling AU at 888-5-COMICS at this point.

In any case, I will take care of you but right now the #1 priority is finding out why double charges are happening. I'd hate to see you get charged only to have you overcharged.
alvaro wrote:Hello, i haven´t been double charged, i think because the credit card that i have used to pay the charges is not valid now, my bank has changed my old credit card for other new. In the meantime i try to update the information that is in my dossier in another universe in order to pay the shipping cost (when/if the item ships) but another universe don´t answer and Jason gets me crazy, but, at least, i haven´t been double charged, by now. They kill the illusion.

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Jul 30th 2002, 9:14 pm

Well, if it's any consolation, I just got my credit card bill and I wasn't double charged. So at least that's one person that still hasn't had a problem.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jul 31st 2002, 5:03 am

Apart from a minor glitch in my address, I've had no probs either...
AU should thank god for that because I am tenacious little sod without anywhere near the patience of Jason :)

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

Krakolano
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Krakolano » Jul 31st 2002, 7:35 pm

don't take too much consolation in that dTheater...

i just found out that i was charged just over a week ago...and how long has this been going on? you'd think they'd be able to figure out what the problem is by now, the a-holes. i tell you i'm on my last nerve here, if there's one more snag with this thing i'm going to snap. could this have gone any less smoothly? i'm beginning to think jason is the only one who has not been a bumbling fool through this whole process, and thank god; if we were dealing with anyone else...i shudder to think...

may the gods deny them the fruit of the earth, the fruit of the womb, and may they rot utterly...

okay, denial of ever producing children is pretty harsh...i don't think i wish that on anybody...however, they may be denied the fruit of the loom...

peace kids

Krak
"i don't believe in making plans...whatever happens... happens."

-- Krak

Sameritech

Post by Sameritech » Aug 1st 2002, 11:29 pm

7/23 for $115 is on my credit card statement also. How wonderful...that added to the initial $20 deposit means I've paid $135 so far. Thank god I didn't get the $115 charge on the other 4 pre-orders I placed....at least not yet.