Bonus Disc

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Hostage Exchange

Post by Nostradamus » Aug 28th 2002, 11:33 pm

If the MTR is both respectable and in need of dough, than there may be some wiggle room for a compromise deal with the interview rights. MTR wants money, but they won't get any if their price is too steep; AU wants that material, but it won't get it for free. Hopefully they can seek a middle ground where everyone is happy. Any museum that has a history of Monty Python can't be all that bad. :wink:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

$20,000 / 5000 fans...

Post by Guest » Sep 4th 2002, 9:42 pm

Better than a petition, if 5000 of us each chipped in $4 more... or 2000 of us chipped in $10 more (which I'd certainly do for those interviews, and I bet a lot of the other rabid fans who are buying this set would do too)... they could afford to buy the rights to those interviews.

How about setting up a web site that takes credit card numbers, sending out a mass e-mail to buyers of the dvd asking them to enter their credit card info in the site, on the condition that IF enough people sign up, the interviews will be added to the dvd set and each person who signed up on this site will be billed $10. If it doesn't happen, they won't be.

Jessica Popsicles

Post by Jessica Popsicles » Sep 4th 2002, 11:32 pm

That would probably create another big mess if they did try that out. I'm just glad to have all the episodes on DVD the bonus disc to me isn't really a big deal. I am looking foward to the lunchbox, though.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 5th 2002, 2:34 am

Weird because I was thinking the exact opposite - I would rather have a kick ass bonus disc than a lunch box that is going to gather dust. That extra footage would be worth far more to me than a metal box.

Then again, I gave up on lunchboxes after I was told my metal Strawberry Shortcake lunchbox was banned because it MIGHT rust and cause cuts and all sorts of other injuries.

StrawberryGirl
Three Rivers Resident

Post by StrawberryGirl » Sep 5th 2002, 10:06 am

Your Strawberry Shortcake lunchbox was BANNED? That's tragic! I still have mine from 3rd grade- it's amazing how hard it is to get rid of that tunafish sandwich smell. :)

modo
Nicky Driscoll

the mtr

Post by modo » Sep 5th 2002, 2:28 pm

The MTR is fantastic. I actually almost went to that chat that they did with the whole cast of MSCL back in 94 or whenever it was. I've been to several of those forums that they have-- they're always very interesting and they say really great things about the evolution of the show. I'm sad if the 20k is too expensive for our sets, but I understand.

But on the other hand...the MTR is great because they have monitors where you can pick and choose your favorite episodes of all of the tv shows from the past-- last time I went, I watched the last Wonder Years, Family Ties, and the last MASH on demand. Nothing's better than that!

Post by Guest » Sep 11th 2002, 8:20 pm

So I take it we have yet to find out what is actually on the bonus disc? I guess it doesn't really matter to me other than to know what I am now missing out on since apparently my preorder never went through when it was with free shipping. And as much as I like the set I really can't see myself paying 115.00 for it.

Hollis27

Post by Hollis27 » Sep 11th 2002, 9:35 pm

Ouch...You never recieved an order confirmation? When I pre-ordered I didn't get one, I had to write them and they got back to me with one. I don't get free shipping anyway, living in Canada. :(