Where Art Thou DVD?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Mong Face

Where Art Thou DVD?

Post by Mong Face » Jul 10th 2002, 10:16 am

Hello. :) I wondered when the DVD will be released as July is upon us and it would be ever so nice if it materialized soon. At the rate we're going it won't be out until Christmas..... yawn.....

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: Where Art Thou DVD?

Post by Jason R » Jul 10th 2002, 10:31 am

We will ship it as soon as we get it from BMG. This is not a bootleg, and unfortunately clearances took longer than expected.

If you want to buy something sooner, buy one of the bootleg VHS tapes from eBay. Those people charge $100-140 for something and don't have to worry about paying for or clearing the rights.

Sorry if I sound testy. It's just that I have really tried to keep everyone up to date on everything regarding this set.

Jason
Mong Face wrote:Hello. :) I wondered when the DVD will be released as July is upon us and it would be ever so nice if it materialized soon. At the rate we're going it won't be out until Christmas..... yawn.....

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

testes, testes, 1 -2 - 3?

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 10th 2002, 1:05 pm

You are not being testy Jason. I commend your for your EXTREME patience in answering the same questions over and over and over and over and over and over again. I would have snapped long ago. Obviously I am not meant to do anything related to customer service.

:oops:

Keep hanging tough, in the most NKOTB way possible.

:lol:

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Troof!

Post by Jason R » Jul 10th 2002, 1:20 pm

Thanks, Candygirl.

TRUST ME. Nobody wants to see this thing ship more than I do. :shock:
candygirl wrote:You are not being testy Jason. I commend your for your EXTREME patience in answering the same questions over and over and over and over and over and over again. I would have snapped long ago. Obviously I am not meant to do anything related to customer service.

:oops:

Keep hanging tough, in the most NKOTB way possible.

Mong Face

PROJET MANAGEMENT MY ASS

Post by Mong Face » Jul 11th 2002, 12:49 pm

All I am asking is, please could you reveal when you EXPECT this project to be complete. And by that I mean the DVDs are finished and will be ready to ship. Don't you have Project Management skills/guidelines? Do you not have milestones? You (Jason) would not have to spend all your time wasting your breath on this message board each and every day if you simply REVEALED when the date of shipping WILL or MIGHT be.

I'm getting so bored and tired of waiting and checking this message board that I'm considering getting my money back and cancelling my order. Others should consider this also.

My angst is through the fact that everyone paid up well in advance and were given an EXACT date when the DVDs would be ready. They were NOT ready by this date and now everyone is in the dark.

What other companies take money from customers and do not keep them informed and then fail to give a new ship-by date? I'll tell you - BAD, UNTRUSTWORTHY and UNREPUTABLE and NOVICE companies.

Before you start getting paranoid Jason and before the "Oh Isn't Jason Just The Best?!" Brigade pipe-up, this isn't aimed at you personally. However, you are, in my opinion, antagonizing the situation by posting on these message boards every day promising something that doesn't look like it will ever materialize.

Sheesh. MSCL DVD was too good to be true. I'm sure it will materialize one day but it has COMPLETELY SUCKED the way this bosh-job has been handled and marketed.

Think of all the interest Another Universe has made from all of us NAIVE enough (me included) to give money away and not to be given anything in exchange. Another Universe should have found other financial backers and NOT the general public or the fans.

One way or another, the fans of the show have been screwed and our patience has been tested.

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Re: PROJET MANAGEMENT MY ASS

Post by mephisto » Jul 11th 2002, 1:35 pm

Mong Face wrote: I'm getting so bored and tired of waiting and checking this message board that I'm considering getting my money back and cancelling my order. Others should consider this also.
please cancel your order instead of spamming the board with your complaints. What exactly is your problem? When you ordered you knew that it is a PREorder.
What other companies take money from customers and do not keep them informed and then fail to give a new ship-by date? I'll tell you - BAD, UNTRUSTWORTHY and UNREPUTABLE and NOVICE companies.
what other company even PRODUCES a DVD set just for fans? I think you still miss the fact that this is the first time something like this is done!

Certainly I'd love to have the set by now. But you know what? It's worth waiting for. And honestly: the interest yield AU gets from my 100$ isn't that high that it would cause me a major problem.

I understand that some people had problems with AU. That shouldn't happen. And I hope they learned their lesson. But it seems that every problem and complaint is handled properly. If you want your money back you'll get it

I prefer to wait a few more weeks instead of getting an edited set (because of legal problems with some songs).

AU charged the correct amount from my credit card, I got a written confirmation of my order, Jason answers every question and there even is a press release by BMG

what else do you want? Yeah right, the DVD set. And if you don't cancel your order you'll get one

StrawberryGirl
Three Rivers Resident

Post by StrawberryGirl » Jul 11th 2002, 2:20 pm

yay mephisto! I agree with everything you've said. Come on people- if you don't like the way things have gone, cancel your order! Otherwise, sit back and wait with the rest of us- it will be worth it.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jul 11th 2002, 2:34 pm

Mong Face:

I am waiting for your cancellation. In the meantime, why don't you just call BMG and see what is going on. There were delays in clearing music in the show. Period. End of conspiracy theory. Take off your tin foil hat and go outside and play.

Larry Karpen is the Director of Marketing for BMG Special Product. His phone number is: 212-930-3930. If you don't trust me or Another Universe, you might trust the company that owns the rights and is manufacturing the box set.

Or perhaps you just want to make people panic. If that is the case, I cannot help you and I am afraid that paying attention to your posts merely gives you the platform that you want to exploit. You will make people panic. Unnecessarily so.

Jason
Mong Face wrote:All I am asking is, please could you reveal when you EXPECT this project to be complete. And by that I mean the DVDs are finished and will be ready to ship. Don't you have Project Management skills/guidelines? Do you not have milestones? You (Jason) would not have to spend all your time wasting your breath on this message board each and every day if you simply REVEALED when the date of shipping WILL or MIGHT be.

I'm getting so bored and tired of waiting and checking this message board that I'm considering getting my money back and cancelling my order. Others should consider this also.

My angst is through the fact that everyone paid up well in advance and were given an EXACT date when the DVDs would be ready. They were NOT ready by this date and now everyone is in the dark.

Before you start getting paranoid Jason and before the "Oh Isn't Jason Just The Best?!" Brigade pipe-up, this isn't aimed at you personally. However, you are, in my opinion, antagonizing the situation by posting on these message boards every day promising something that doesn't look like it will ever materialize.

Sheesh. MSCL DVD was too good to be true. I'm sure it will materialize one day but it has COMPLETELY SUCKED the way this bosh-job has been handled and marketed.

Think of all the interest Another Universe has made from all of us NAIVE enough (me included) to give money away and not to be given anything in exchange. Another Universe should have found other financial backers and NOT the general public or the fans.

One way or another, the fans of the show have been screwed and our patience has been tested.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 11th 2002, 3:15 pm

Mong Face wrote:All I am asking is, please could you reveal when you EXPECT this project to be complete. And by that I mean the DVDs are finished and will be ready to ship. Don't you have Project Management skills/guidelines? Do you not have milestones? You (Jason) would not have to spend all your time wasting your breath on this message board each and every day if you simply REVEALED when the date of shipping WILL or MIGHT be.
Jason is not personally responsible for everything regarding this DVD. Blaming him for the delay is the equivelent of calling the 800 number for any company and then blaming the person who answers your call for what is the responsibility of the company's engineers, sales people, quality control, etc. They all work for the same company, but you are directing your anger at the wrong person. In this case, a lot of the delays have been due to multiple entities including BMG, who Jason does not work for.
Mong Face wrote:My angst is through the fact that everyone paid up well in advance and were given an EXACT date when the DVDs would be ready. They were NOT ready by this date and now everyone is in the dark.
Jason, Ross, AU and everyone else gives us updates as they are available. I do not consider that being in the dark.
Mong Face wrote:Before you start getting paranoid Jason and before the "Oh Isn't Jason Just The Best?!" Brigade pipe-up, this isn't aimed at you personally. However, you are, in my opinion, antagonizing the situation by posting on these message boards every day promising something that doesn't look like it will ever materialize.
YOU are the one who is antagonizing the situation, Mr. Hasn't Registered at the Forum. Jason deserves praise for the tenacity and class he has shown thoughout the entire situation, which goes back years now. He has answered the same questions repeatedly. He has investigated every order problem that he was informed of (when people provided their specific information). He has made this dream a reality for us. If you are upset with the way things have been handled, imagine if Jason WASN'T posting here and you got no answers or updates beyond the "dated in May, mailed in June" snail mail confirmation from AU. You would be stuck shaking your first at a nameless faceless suit.

I agree that this is taking longer than we all anticipated, but better late than never. I was perfectly content with all the MSCL episodes I taped off tv, but this DVD set will be even better. I am not a patient person, but I am willing to wait so that everything will be done correctly: I want all the original music included, I want the cast interviews, I want a kick ass bonus disc, I want that beautiful lunch box. Better to do it right then to slap together a half-assed no music no interviews no bonus material set.

If this qualifies me as a member of the "Oh Isn't Jason Just The Best?!" Brigade pipe-up, so be it. He has worked his ass off for his and he has put up with a lot of crap for it. He deserves a lot of credit for his persistence, patience, and devotion.

Candygirl
Charter Member
OIJJTBB

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

OIJJTB

Post by socalledfan » Jul 11th 2002, 3:40 pm

Candygirl,

Any positions open in the OIJJTB Brigade? Count me in....
"You're sooo beautiful, it HURTS to look at you."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

I miss the Animaniacs!

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 11th 2002, 3:43 pm

We are currently accepting membership applications and seeking people to fill positions. Would you like to be the Minister of Cheese?

there's baloney in my slacks,
candygirl

:D

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Minister of Cheese?

Post by socalledfan » Jul 11th 2002, 3:46 pm

Why, candygirl, how did you know I wanted to be Minister of Cheese! :lol:

(is that a crack about me being cheesy? Hee hee.... 8)
"You're sooo beautiful, it HURTS to look at you."

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: Minister of Cheese?

Post by Jason R » Jul 11th 2002, 4:08 pm

Do I have to twirl a baton or something? :roll:

I just got off the phone with a Mr. Marco Swados from Bertelsmann AG (the owners of BMG -- we are not only dealing with the owner of MSCL here, we are now dealing with the owner of the owner of MSCL.

All I can say is I hope they start releasing their press release and intranet news stories soon, because I've repeated myself at least a few times now.

If a story from BMG, and posted on their site, does not calm your nerves, I cannot do anything else to appease you. Maybe I should stand on my head and spit out nickels. I sense it would not be enough.

As for deadlines and milestones, there are milestones. However, when the entire production process (including authoring) was frozen because of the negotiations between rightsholders, the critical path is not any shorter for the time lost. This was not hidden from you. I am as frustrated as anyone.

Nobody is forcing you to maintain your order and I will be the first to tell you to cancel now and just wait for this thing to be released before ordering. However, this isn't a case of DVDs gathering dust somewhere.

etc. etc. etc.... just re-read my last 100 or so posts. it's all in there.

My estimate for the release is Mid-Late August. However, until I get a firm delivery date from BMG, I am going to follow it with an asterisk. This is basically out of my hands at this point and in the hands of BMG.

jason

socalledfan wrote:Why, candygirl, how did you know I wanted to be Minister of Cheese! :lol:

Sandino
Tino

Post by Sandino » Jul 11th 2002, 4:23 pm

Bertelsmann are big, scary, litigious mofos and I have enough experience and knowledge of libel and internet publishing to know that either Jason here is telling the truth, or is alternatively a breath away from a possible prison sentence. I'd say it's a fairly safe bet to believe him.

...or you could bake a cake with a file in it just to be sure :wink:
"Destroy the adult world and build a huge adventure playground."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: Minister of Cheese?

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 11th 2002, 6:09 pm

socalledfan wrote:Why, candygirl, how did you know I wanted to be Minister of Cheese! :lol:

No, no, that was a reference to the Animaniacs. One of them was giving orders left and right, which ended with "You are now Minister of Cheese. And YOU, kiss my puppy!"

:D

You can be Minister of Defense if you prefer, but that involves a lot more work.