Insider Update. Read it here before it gets mass mailed. ;

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Insider Update. Read it here before it gets mass mailed. ;

Post by Jason R » May 28th 2002, 7:20 pm

Well, well, well. Today was a great day. Some days have been good and others have been not as good.

For instance:
"good" = when we got Winnie, Marshall and Ed to do interviews
"not as good" = when we flew Dan out to LA to interview cast, and things came apart the day before.
"not as good" = any kind of delays

However, I spoke with BMG and confirmed 2 things today:
1) All of the music in the DVDs has been cleared
2) The lunchbox has been cleared as long as it is used as packaging, and not made available for individual sale (which was the point anyway). So... whatever you do... be sure not to carry your lunch in it!!!

Anyhoo, the two things holding this up, the lunchbox and the tracks (which, in a worst case scenario might have meant having to edit out a scene --something we were not willing to do) are no longer problems and production moves ahead at a very rapid pace.

For those who wonder why we have to worry about stuff like this, the DVD box set is being done 100% by-the-book, legal. Everyone is getting paid for their music, artwork, etc.

Basically, the one wildcard right now is rescheduling the cast interviews. With all of the other stuff out of the way, I should be able to focus on this and assist the MSCL.com in getting cast members together.

Best,
Jason

PS: It is my understanding that snail mail confirmations went out, and are starting to be received. In case you are wondering why they were printed so much earlier than they were shipped... we had a lot of unconfirmed orders and declined credit cards. It is easier to manage if we can give people a uniform date to expect it, otherwise we would generate a lot of unnecessary emails.

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Re: Insider Update. Read it here before it gets mass mailed

Post by dTheater » May 28th 2002, 11:46 pm

I also received my confirmation.

- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com/

just-likeKrakow
Overlooked Sibling

Post by just-likeKrakow » May 29th 2002, 8:03 am

Yes...i received mine in the mail yesterday as well! I am very excited.

"There´s something about my life. It´s just automatically true that nothing actually happens."

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » May 29th 2002, 8:29 am

Got mine too! YAY!!!!

So my feeling is, whatever happens, happens. K-man

ginger1
Tino

Question Re: Insider Update. Read it here before it gets ma

Post by ginger1 » Jun 22nd 2002, 2:14 am

haven't got mine yet, but i live in europe. im thinking that this confirmation would mean the end is nigh? how long should i wait before i start getting concerned?

jehnidiah
Tino

VERY awesome. -nt-

Post by jehnidiah » Jun 22nd 2002, 8:03 am

nt

"You can still love someone, even if they're not THE one any more."

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jun 22nd 2002, 9:46 am

Do you mean you did not get the snail mail?

ginger1
Tino

Post by ginger1 » Jun 22nd 2002, 11:48 am

We got three snail mails about six weeks ago. they had been posted on april 12th. we only wanted one copy so we cancelled two. this showed up on the visa receipt, but we have heard nothing since.

Post by Guest » Jun 24th 2002, 8:37 am

I didn't get the snail mail.

no snail mail

Post by Guest » Jun 24th 2002, 11:05 pm

I ordered the DVD a few weeks ago, and I haven't gotten any snail mail, or any email for that matter. Though I did notice that AnotherUniverse already took my money and if I don't complain to the bank within a month that they took money without giving me anything, there's nothing I can do about it if this thing goes south, so I hope I hear something definite before then, it would definitely help this uneasy feeling in my stomach...

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: no snail mail

Post by Jason R » Jun 24th 2002, 11:41 pm

everyone paid in full. feel free to email me at jasonr@mscl.com for information, order confirmation, etc. be sure to include your full name and order number if you have it. thanks