DVD Set Problems and Questions

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: before jumping to conclusions

Post by Jason R » Jun 5th 2002, 2:13 pm

You have done no harm by me, and I have simply been acting as a go-between, but I have responded. I have also recently sent out a massive amount of bulk confirmations emails, so it sometimes takes a bit longer than the usual 24 hours I try to respond within, but I am very anal about this stuff, and I promise it will get done.

Post by Guest » Jun 5th 2002, 9:10 pm

I have a lot of friends too but of them only 2% at most are fans of the series so thinking of that you must a) only have die hard MSCL friends b) have a hell of a lot of friends :D as normally only a small percentage of your friends are likely to be a fan of this show.

You said you needed all the cash for a family arrangement, obviously all those 30 friends can't be that close that they feel the same. What about their orders? Couldn't you just have gotten the money from them instead of cancelling their orders and ensuring they won't have a MSCL discset which they obiously wanted so hard as you made 30 orders.

Not that I mind that much but I do find it strange. :-)

Post by Guest » Jun 5th 2002, 10:56 pm

30 die hard friends, none of them have money, and none of them trust internet shopping? Awfully coincidental. I dont buy it.

Post by Guest » Jun 6th 2002, 1:38 am

Ok.. We'll buy the fact that you have 30 die hard MSCL friends (right). And we'll buy the fact that none of them have money, and none of them trust internet shopping (right). I just don't understand why you didn't just get one set and then make them all copies or DIVX DVDRips.

rossi27530
Frozen Embryo

Re: DVD Set Problems and Questions

Post by rossi27530 » Jun 6th 2002, 1:44 am

Hey Jason and all MSCL fans!

I'm still confused... I send my confirmation number that I got at the end of my purchase (I printed out the page) to the bot and I get this message back:

Please contact postmaster@anotheruniverse.com to request a confirmation email (include your order number)

1 MY SO CALLED LIFE DVD SET 1- 19 (PREORDER) 79.98

Is the reply from the bot inaccurate? I'm just trying to figure out where I stand on this issue.

Post by Guest » Jun 6th 2002, 4:11 am

I've had precisely those problems too, Rossi, and if it wasn't for Jason's sterling work, I'm sure I would have had a solicitor's letter despatched to AU by now. Their Customer Support is non-existent, and despite the claims that they will respond to all emails within 7 working days, I haven't had a single email, NOT ONE, from AU even though I've written to them every week since placing the order in an attempt to get some sort of confirmation. They're very quick at claiming the cash but very reluctant to provide any sort of customer service. Taking the full cost this far up front is not standard practice, even for net traders, and it's compounded by the way we (well, Rossi & I at least) have been kept in limbo.

Thanks to Jason, I now have a standard snail mail confirmation letter, so I'll assume that my order exists. I haven't received any of the circular email updates, and I don't have a junk mail filter.

I have a lot of sci-fi afficionado friends, and I'll be telling them all about AU's shoddy service. After the box set comes through, I won't be buying anything from AU again.

Dave D

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jun 6th 2002, 9:48 am

You should not disconnect AU's service and my replies. They were aware that MSCL needed someone to focus just on them, so we got them to officially put me on the customer service beat. So, if you heard from me, you heard from someone authorized to work on your order by AU. This should come as no surprise, as I have probably communicated one-on-one with 80% of the people who pre-ordered.

You will like to know that I am currently working on a system with my partner, who runs TVShowsOnDVD.com, to manage pre-orders in a more automated fashion. Once you order something, you would be able to check on the status and also change information, such as shipping, by logging in with a password, customer number, etc. My hope is to take the experience from this pre-order and make it run much more smoothly. It is going to make the AIMbot look like a cromag.

Post by Guest » Jun 6th 2002, 10:38 am

Then I stand corrected. But the fact is that AU withdrew $115 (a sustantial sum to me) from my account without providing any form of receipt until you intervened. All I wanted (as all my unreplied emails to AU specified) was for an acknowledgement to the effect of "We have received $115 from you and have a record of your order." I didn't think it was a great deal to ask. I have still had no such reply. At the moment I've got the snail mail - which doesn't specify my name or the amount I've paid - and that's it. I therefore maintain that AU's level of communication with customers is unsatisfactory.

Jason, if you're telling me that the snail mail is sufficient guarantee that my order will be processed then I'm willing to take your word for it. And thank you again for replying.

Dave D