US News & World Reports. HOT OFF THE PRESSES: DVD it yourse

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

US News & World Reports. HOT OFF THE PRESSES: DVD it yourse

Post by Jason R » May 11th 2002, 10:04 pm

<a href="http://www.usnews.com/usnews/issue/0205 ... booyah!</a> <---- click here

Fans of My So-Called Life thought they'd never again see their favorite teen drama in its entirety. Of the 19 episodes that aired on ABC in 1994-95, only 12 were out on VHS, three on DVD. The company that held the rights had little interest in a season set, even after years of lobbying and 4,700 "signatures" on an E-petition.

Most stories like this don't have happy endings–not yet, at least (just ask the Quantum Leap-ers). But this June, MSCL fans not only will have their season set; they'll have a custom-made limited edition. How? They cut their own deal, giving new hope to the petition-prone fans of lost shows. (In studiosprach, "TV episodic fans are passionate about their franchise.")

much more in the article.

Re: US News & World Reports. HOT OFF THE PRESSES: DVD it yo

Post by Guest » May 12th 2002, 9:44 pm

coolness... almost feels like we're famous.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » May 12th 2002, 10:27 pm

This article is getting photocopied and mailed to the companies that shot down the box set idea.

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » May 13th 2002, 10:16 am

Woohoo! This is so cool. The whole tv industry should sit up and take notice. Jason, I like your idea of sending copies of the article out to the dolts who passed this idea by. ;-)

"You're so beautiful, it hurts to look at you."

ClarenceWorley
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by ClarenceWorley » May 14th 2002, 4:51 am

The article also mentions 'Eerie, Indiana'. When I heard that MSCL on DVD was becoming a
reality, I instantly thought that EI should be next. As with MSCL, I already own the first disc.
Just pipe dreams I suppose. ;)

Clarence Worley

Keith
Tino

This is the best news...

Post by Keith » May 14th 2002, 11:14 am

I ordered the DVD containing the first three episodes last year from Amazon.Com and have pretty much worn out my copy. :-) I went back to Amazon.com this morning and discovered info about a possible boxset in the reviews of the lone MSCL DVD.

I can't even begin to share with you how much I love this series.. and I must have the complete set on DVD. From my understanding of the FAQ about the DVD set, I will have to wait until a second order takes place. Hmmmm... I will, but I hope it happens. I can't be left out.

Also, cool site. I had no idea there were other fans out there.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: This is the best news...

Post by Jason R » May 14th 2002, 12:03 pm

The orders are still being taken. The pre-order lunchboxes and pre-order discount/free shipping are gone, but the same exact discs are still being sold.

The point of the pre-order version was to thank the people who took the leap of faith early on, by giving them something extra that was sure to become a collectible.

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Re: This is the best news...

Post by dTheater » May 15th 2002, 4:06 pm

Keith said:

>< I ordered the DVD containing the first three episodes last year from Amazon.Com and have pretty much worn out my copy. :-) I went back to Amazon.com this morning and discovered info about a possible boxset in the reviews of the lone MSCL DVD. I can't even begin to share with you how much I love this series.. and I must have the complete set on DVD. From my understanding of the FAQ about the DVD set, I will have to wait until a second order takes place. Hmmmm... I will, but I hope it happens. I can't be left out. Also, cool site. I had no idea there were other fans out there. ><

Awesome. I don't know if it was my review you read, but I was the first person to break the news of the boxset on Amazon I believe, so I hope maybe some people who didn't know about the boxset now know.

- jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com/