MSCL BOXSET - SUPRISE!!!

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Joanna
Angela's best friend

MSCL BOXSET - SUPRISE!!!

Post by Joanna » Apr 18th 2002, 4:01 am

Well, well.....

Two weeks ago I my CANCELLED my MSCL pre-order because I thought the situation with regards to the company wanting the full amount was turning in to a bit of a mess! Jason said that there would be NO problem with getting a refund which should have taken 48 hours. This did not occur - I e-mailed Jason (and Justin and AU) and I received NO reply, NO confirmation or response about cancelling my order and as of yet I have NOT been credited my deposit back on my credit card. To top it all off - I have now been charged the FULL AMOUNT for the boxset to my card WITHOUT MY AUTHORISATION! Taking someone's money without authorisation is STEALING I believe.

How is it when I cancelled my order two weeks ago that not only have AU + co not refunded my deposit but now they have taken money WITHOUT my authorisation? So much for Jason saying I wouldn't be hassled - bit of a joke. All very helpful when taking people's money but not so helpful when people want it back.

It can't be that hard to get it right but unfortunately I am not suprised. I can only hope that AU are as good as giving money back (that isn't theirs) as well as they are at taking it!

"And dance by the light of the moon!"

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: MSCL BOXSET - SUPRISE!!!

Post by Jason R » Apr 18th 2002, 9:47 am

I'm checking this out. As you know, I had emailed them to take you off the pre-order list. You will have a refund today (I can't undo an error, I can only have them fix it). I'll admit that's messed up. You were one of only a few cancellations. This should not have been missed.

kenickie
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kenickie » Apr 18th 2002, 12:24 pm

God I'm really sorry to hear that :(
It will be interesting to see what Jason says about this "mistake" won't it?? Wht are you going to do about the set?? Do you know where you can get a copy elsewhere?

Let's make the memories, that dreamers only claim,
But it's hard, when the world knows your name.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Apr 18th 2002, 12:55 pm

In case you missed it, I already said something. It was an embarassing mistake. It would be a criminal act to steal money. She didn't want the set, so I forwarded the request to AU. For all I know, I could have screwed something up.

It will be taken care of today. This does not make it right, but give me a break. I am not covering up anything. I believe that this really happened. All I am trying to do is get AU to fix it.

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Post by Joanna » Apr 18th 2002, 1:20 pm

Jason - it is clear to me that it is not your fault :0) And I appreciate your help in getting this sorted.......I am just annoyed but not with you.

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Post by Joanna » Apr 18th 2002, 1:21 pm

No probs - just want it sorted and you seem to be the only person to bare the brunt of it :0)

Hope it gets fixed soon and thanks again, I know this is not your fault.

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Post by Joanna » Apr 18th 2002, 1:26 pm

Right now I am not too bothered about the boxset, I cancelled it purely because of all crap we were fighting about in the Forum a while back and I just lost heart in the entire thing - just want my money back now. Jason has responded to me right away so he's cool. Just waiting to hear from AU. Now I don't feel so bad about all the arsey comments I made a few weeks back because this has clarified my concerns.

Feel sorry for Jason being on the front line and so I really appreciate him dealing with my e-mails. Really hope it gets sorted soon. It's AU's fault not Jason's I believe. I think it won't be that 'impossible' to get a boxset (at some-point in my life anyway!!) So fingers crossed to the future.

Punka to ya Kenickie! ;-)

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Apr 18th 2002, 1:31 pm

No problem. I just want to get you taken care of. I am still waiting for a call from AU, but let's put it in perspective. A company cannot intentionally steal when fans are as networked as MSCL fans.

They can make themselves look bad, though, and I will reserve judgement until I see how they deal with this.

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Apr 18th 2002, 1:43 pm

Joanna,
Sorry to hear you are not getting the DVD's. Are you sure you can do without them? I am not questioning your judgement but we have all waited soooo long for them and I hate to see you miss out. You know this board is gonna go crazy with posts/conversation when Lifer's start getting their DVD's in the mail and begin watching them. Won't you kinda feel left out? I hope (for your sake) you haven't made the wrong decision. And BTW; when Sascha gets the chat room fixed are you gonna be on there? I hope so.

P.S. By the same token, if this is in fact a sham......you can laugh in all our faces for not cancelling with you.

So my feeling is, whatever happens, happens.

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Post by Joanna » Apr 18th 2002, 2:06 pm

Okie dokie - perspective taken :0) At the moment.....

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Post by Joanna » Apr 18th 2002, 2:13 pm

Hi K-Man :0)

Well I don't think it's a scam - and if it is then it's nowt to do with Jason. My reserves (in past comments) have arisen because of past experiences.....transactions never seem to go right for me and I have lost faith in dealing with companies.

As for the boxset - at the moment I am consolling myself that I do have the series on VHS - I know I'll feel a bit crap when people start talking about the DVD's on here in a few months but I'll have to stand by my decision. With one thing and another I wasn't financially stable enough to have purchased them anyway even though it was the trouble on here that put me off. Possibly not a good enough reason for all you guys - but I started to feel a bit crap about it all. Anyway, I am with you, whatever happens happens.....I hope you all get your sets and love them to bits (that's a UK phrase which I suppose might sound a bit odd to American/Canadian folk). And YES you'll definitely be seeing me in the chat-room K-MAN --- even if it's just so you can all tell me how great the boxsets are! LOL ~:0)

Look forward to chatting with y'all........

Justin at AU
AnotherUniverse.com

Post by Justin at AU » Apr 18th 2002, 5:09 pm

Hello,

This is Justin here. I am out at the office right now, I came out here to get your matter resolved today, only problem is that the bookkeeper is sick and i am unable to credit the cards myself. She is the one who does that with our credit card processor. She should be in tomorrow, and if not for sure on Monday. I am curious as to when you were charged the remaining balance, what date shows on your credit card statement. I don't like when things breakdown like this, and I want to get it fixed as soon as posible for you and want to make sure it hasn't happened to anyone else that has cancelled.

You see I am the one who puts all the approves and cancels in a list. I am sure that when you first emailed us that you wanted to be taken off, I put it on the list. But I have been known to make a mistake. Maybe I put it on the wrong list or something. If it was my fault I apologize for that. If it wasn't my fault and someone else's in our company, I apologize for that as well.

Thank you for your patience.

Justin Martin
AnotherUniverse.com

kenickie
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kenickie » Apr 18th 2002, 5:14 pm

Joanna, am feeling a bit guilty about you cancelling your boxset - I hope it wasn't beouse of our little "spat" :(
Feel free to come on up to County Durham anytime and watch my boxset with me when I get it. You'd be more than welcome ;)

Let's make the memories, that dreamers only claim,
But it's hard, when the world knows your name.

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Post by Joanna » Apr 18th 2002, 5:56 pm

Excellent!!!! We could eat popcorn (like the New Year scene in MSCL).....

No it was not because of our little 'spat' although it probably finished me off! LOL I am a bit of a worrier when it comes to credit cards, money (mainly because I haven't got much) and the internet - there was all sorts being thrown around on here well before you bit my bum...and anyway, I am always up for a good ol' slangin' match :0)

So don't feel guilty - at the end of the day people only do want they want to do regardless of other peoples views or comments (well most of the time anyway).

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Post by Joanna » Apr 18th 2002, 6:00 pm

Hey, no need to apologise. These things happen, just want it sorted out that's all. As for the date - I'll have to ring my credit card people again (my statement is not due for a while). I'd been ringing them to see if I had been credited my deposit (I nearly had a cardiac arrest when they told me the new balance today!!) - the main charge was taken sometime in the last two weeks that's for sure. I am off to bed now but will find out the date for you tomorrow.

Thanks for getting in touch - I appreciate it and am grateful for the help you, Jason and the big guy have provided with regards to this matter :0)