International Shipping Rates Announced

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

International Shipping Rates Announced

Post by Jason R » Apr 2nd 2002, 1:39 am

For all of those who theorized that the shipping was going to be $80, or whatever, I present the official shipping chart.

http://www.anotheruniverse.com/mscldvd/shipping.html

This is for global priority. This is the USPS rate and there are no add-on fees.

There are no other fees
There are no other fees
There are no other fees

(I guarantee I receive at least 10 emails asking if there are other fees. hehehe). :-P

In most cases you will receive it in 3-4 days from the date it will be shipped. Remember, if you ordered prior to 3/1, you can deduct $6 from the amount in this schedule.

Also note: Snail mail verifications not sent yet because people are still responding to the first two emails asking for approval or cancellation. So, if you have not yet received it, don't be alarmed. (If you have received it, the entire space-time continuum has been compromised, so please send me tomorrow's lottery numbers.)

Jason

Re: International Shipping Rates Announced

Post by Guest » Apr 2nd 2002, 4:55 am

will the USPS rate (minus 6$ for people who ordered in February) be charged now (together with the $79.99/69.99) or later?

oh btw: are there any other fees? never mind ;-)))

Post by Guest » Apr 2nd 2002, 5:23 am

oh well, a letter from my credit card company I've got today answered my question: the $79.98 were already charged

so I guess the remaining $12 ($18-$6) for shipping will be charged when ready to ship...

ClarenceWorley
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by ClarenceWorley » Apr 2nd 2002, 8:46 am

Just gotta say that I couldn't be happier that it's shipping via Global Priority.
:)

Clarence Worley

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Apr 2nd 2002, 9:33 am

The shipping will be charged on or around ship date.

Post by Guest » Apr 2nd 2002, 9:48 am

So, we shouldn't worry then if we haven't heard any sort of confirmation via email or otherwise yet after sending in the 'approve charges' email?

Post by Guest » Apr 2nd 2002, 10:27 am

Sorry, that was my message above, and I just thought I'd clarify it a bit (I wrote the above in a bit of a rush, but I have time now).

I have no real worries about the pre-payment issue, I was just worried that my authorization might not have been received, as I didn't hear anything back from the company, automated or otherwise. I just don't want to miss out on my DVD - I've been looking forward to this for far too long!

tt4n,
Deborah - debbo@debbo.org

higgy
Nicky Driscoll

Post by higgy » Apr 2nd 2002, 12:32 pm

Just out of curiosity, how "customs friendly" are AU? Are their packages fairly discreet or do they blab the contents value, right down to listing the shipping fee, Amazon style?

I'm pretty much expecting a customs fee anyway, but it would be nice if it could be avoided... ;-)

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Apr 2nd 2002, 2:42 pm

Hehehe. I don't think they can send a shipping invoice that says "box of rocks," though tarriffs sure do suck.

higgy
Nicky Driscoll

Post by higgy » Apr 3rd 2002, 10:19 am

LOL! I suppose not, though some companies have been known to "accidentally" mis-label packages as containing books - which I don't believe incur charges (in the UK, at least).

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Apr 3rd 2002, 11:07 am

Do they x-ray the packages? I think they do in the US.

higgy
Nicky Driscoll

Post by higgy » Apr 3rd 2002, 12:04 pm

Dunno - maybe you could make the lunchbox out of lead... ;-)

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Apr 3rd 2002, 12:47 pm

That was funny! We need more of that here in the forum these days. I'm just afraid that people overseas would really start cancelling like crazy if they saw the shipping on a lead-lunchbox.?.?!*#...

So my feeling is, whatever happens, happens.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Apr 3rd 2002, 1:06 pm

Depending on how crazy their tarriffs are, shipping a lead lunchbox might be cheaper than the tarriff! Good idea, though!

Colene
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Colene » Apr 3rd 2002, 3:46 pm

X-ray packages? I didn't think they did that...but maybe with the heightened security measures they do now. I know in Canada, they pretty much look at whatever the customs form says and if it seems suspicious then they open the package up.