DVD question

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
danguyf
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: eBay auction?

Post by danguyf » Mar 22nd 2002, 4:14 pm

If they haven't replied, how do you know that it's not true?

Post by Guest » Mar 22nd 2002, 4:19 pm

email jason for a response. ja5on@aol.com

Post by Guest » Mar 22nd 2002, 6:14 pm

I bet it will go alot higher than $300. I even thought about purchasing extra sets to sell on eBay, because they're obviously going to sell for more than $100, but I decided not to. Because they're only available through Another Universe, and there hasn't been much promotion, I think a LOT of fans don't know about this. Once those DVD's hit eBay I predict at least one sale around $1,000. The VHS box sets used to sell for $200+. I even saw someone bid $600 for both VHS sets once - and they were still going up! Eventually the seller was "kind" enough to halt the sale and just sell them to the person willing to pay $600. Now, though the average price is $60 for each VHS set, I've seen them sell for $100+.

-somamoons

somamoons
Overlooked Sibling

Post by somamoons » Mar 22nd 2002, 6:21 pm

Tome - I know that some stores don't ship to other countries. If you want, I'll purchase one of the sets for you and sell it to you for the face value ($79.98 or 99.98) + actual shipping costs. That way you don't have to deal with paying outrageous prices on eBay. If you have any doubts about working with me, you can check my feedback on eBay (ID: somamoons) to see that I'm an honest person. If you want to, email me at somamoon@pacbell.net so we can start working everything out.

From one MSCL fan to another. :)

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Post by Joanna » Mar 22nd 2002, 6:53 pm

As an eBay seller I thought about doing that too - but I am nervous enough about purchasing the boxset in the first place without buying two of the bloomin' things! LOL. Just as a matter of interest....I collect trolls and often have them on auction at eBay - my eBay ID is 'trolljob' if there are any fellow troll collectors out there! ~:0) (I only wrote that because there is an eBayer with the name I use on this site but alas that is not me!)

"And dance by the light of the moon!"

Colene
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Colene » Mar 23rd 2002, 2:01 am

Oh wow, I had no idea that the VHS sets were going up to $600!? That's crazy! I don't know if the DVDs will go for THAT much, considering lots of people don't have DVD players and many fans of the show are college students (ie. don't have the money). But who knows, like somamoons said, there hasn't been very much promotion so it may be very popular on ebay. And besides, I don't have a DVD player and I still want the set :)

Joanna, you collect trolls?? you mean those little troll dolls with the big hair?

somamoons
Overlooked Sibling

Post by somamoons » Mar 23rd 2002, 2:27 am

I buy a lot of DVD's, so I always try to get a bargain on them. Before buying them in the store, I'll check eBay to see if I can get them any cheaper. I've noticed that most DVD's, on eBay, go for retail price but most VHS tapes sell for under retail ($3-5). I think this is because the buyers know VHS will eventually be obsolete and they would rather put their money into the DVD because it will last longer. For example, my friend doesn't even have a DVD player, but he has already started replacing his VHS's with DVD's because he knows he'll buy a player eventually. Because it appears that people would rather invest in DVD's, coupled with the lack of promotion, is the reason why I think the MSCL DVD's will go through the roof. I'm not saying ALL auctions will be outrageous, but I bet the first few auctions will be go pretty high. But it's just my humble opinion. :)

Joanna - I'm an eBay seller too. :) My ID is the same as my nick on this board. However, I haven't sold anything in awhile because I'm in school and it eats up too much time to list stuff, sort things out with the high bidders, and make those constant trips to the post office. :)

Edited to add: Here's a real time example that the VHS sets still get bid on like crazy. :)
<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 2">Current MSCL VHS auction</A>

Colene
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Colene » Mar 23rd 2002, 5:31 am

Oh my! I saw that auction when it was at $60..I can't believe it's past $150 now!

I sell on eBay as well...even some MSCL related things..but I thought that it would die down a bit considering there have been so many other people selling their tapes as well. Guess not! Just goes to show how much people love the show ;)

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Post by Joanna » Mar 23rd 2002, 9:02 am

Yes it was your post that made me write about what I sell on eBay - you're the magazine clippings seller?? (I read your ME page!) Sounds cool. I have some MSCL mag clippings stuck in my diary from when I was 15 and the show had just hit the UK. I agree that listing takes such a long time! I am only working part time at the moment and so eBay is as useful source of extra income while I have the time anyway.

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Post by Joanna » Mar 23rd 2002, 9:06 am

Yes! LOL, I mean those little dolls with the big hair ~:0) I have collected them since before MSCL ever entered our lives (even though when I was a teenager I gave up for a while - now I am an adult I don't mind being a kid again!!.....sometimes, right where I am, in my life, is enough!). Yes I have about 600 hundred I suppose although I have never counted them. They are just so cute!!! Anyone else on here collect them? I wonder if Angela or Danielle had any on sight in their rooms? I doubt it!

Colene
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Colene » Mar 23rd 2002, 5:22 pm

Joanna, I remember when everyone I knew had some troll dolls, but that was back when I was 8! :) I can't believe they make so many different kinds of trolls..amazing.

tome
Tino

Post by tome » Mar 25th 2002, 10:28 am

Well my latest mail went out 1,5 weeks ago. It's been a 2 months since the first one. Still think they will answer me? Thought so.

.tome

Post by Guest » Mar 25th 2002, 11:21 am

there was not even any order information 2 months ago.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Mar 25th 2002, 11:52 am

Hey,

I have answered this before on this board. You can order from anywhere, but the online store does not handle transactions from everywhere. You should email me at jasonr@mscl.com. Let me know the situation. If you send me a credit card number I'll freak out and delete the email without reading or responding.

I have received maybe 2 credit card numbers already. I don't want them. People should never send credit card numbers via email. Email is not secure and is there for all the world to see. Besides, I don't have any authority to do anything with them.

Jason

danguyf
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by danguyf » Mar 26th 2002, 4:31 pm

Yes, I do. Justin has replied to every email I sent him. Jason has replied (by email, by IM, or by phone) to everything I sent him.