The pre-pay deal

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
ClarenceWorley
Let's Bolt Regular

Re: SHE'S AUSTRALIAN!

Post by ClarenceWorley » Mar 29th 2002, 2:17 pm

Now this is rather distant from the original post but...

Russell Crowe is from New Zealand, but he spends most of his time in Australia.

Also other famous Aussies who aren't really Aussies;
Mel Gibson was born in the US and moved to Australia at a young age
Nicole Kidman was born in Hawaii

Unfortunately, Yahoo Serious is actually Australian. :(

Clarence Worley

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Post by Joanna » Mar 29th 2002, 7:40 pm

Don't get that at all I have to say - you'll need to explain. I have many thoughts about the UK government myself (like the fact they are turning our country in to crap, however, it was they that chose for our country and soldiers to go to war for America and so I truely don't get your comment.

"And dance by the light of the moon!"

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Post by Joanna » Mar 29th 2002, 7:44 pm

Who sends them?.....just like over here 'they' go to countries by choice because they believe it will give them a better life - everyday we are bombarded with asylum seekers...hundreds every week...it's getting ridiculous! But better not start my political views on that one! Hey K-Man, I hope to move to the States one day so hope I am not considered an 'undesirable'??

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Mar 30th 2002, 4:06 pm

It was a joke. Insert your own goverment. I'll hold off on comments about the war.

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Post by Joanna » Mar 31st 2002, 9:40 am

I know it was a joke but I really didn't get it ;0)

xanderfan
Frozen Embryo

What a palava!

Post by xanderfan » Mar 31st 2002, 7:53 pm

Hi there,

Got my e-mail last Tuesday with all the latest news on the DVDs and request for approving the charge; delighted to say without hesitation that I authorised full payment.

I am so very very looking forward to the series arriving in the lunchbox tin that I have only previously been able to watch on third-generation video copies taped off Channel 4.

As a resident Brit just thought I'd speak for my nation and say that there are some of us here who have not even the slightest doubts about the money issue, what with the regular e-mails we've been getting and the news page, and of course the discussion forum. I also think it's very sporting for Jason (respect is due) to give us his e-mail address (think of all the potentional spamming/flaming!?)

I thought I'd just say how fantastic I think this project is and how amazing that we're finally getting the series on DVD! So cheer up peeps - June isn't far away!

Daniel. (xanderdfan)

PS - Last minute update. Sorry to burden the forum with this, but because it's not really urgent I'd thought I'd bring it up. Does anyone know who I have to e-mail to let someone know that my e-mail address is changing? My old e-mail is still in use until the 24th June so unless the DVD schedule is put back it won't matter but just in case someone at AU tries to e-mail me and can't because the address no longer exists and my order is subsequently cancelled (if you get my drift). Thanx.