Unshipped merchandise confirmed at AU.com (**OFFICIAL**)

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Justin at AU
AnotherUniverse.com

Post by Justin at AU » May 4th 2004, 1:25 pm

sorry forgot to respond to Jason;s suggestion and offer of help on the vertical response front.

The account was closed from what I can tell awhile back, so that is not really an option. I can still get an email out to everyone if i find the darn shipping list and email list. It just wouldnt get out as fast as the vertical response servers but it would still get out in a matter of hours.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » May 4th 2004, 1:32 pm

If anyone can suggest ways to verify if someone received the stuff already, I'm all ears. Can there be a disclaimer to shift responsibility to the claimant to tell the truth? This is very far out of my expertise.

Justin, thanks for sticking by us and helping us out. You've been a mensch through most of this process. (and when you didn't believe me years ago, I know what you were up against. Nobody wants to believe that someone they like is a crook.)

I want to add that Wade has been very helpful too. As much as I wanted to see AU.com put out of business, and as much as I believe they deserved to be put out of business (self-righteously or not), I don't blame those people who were in the frontlines for decisions made by the company's management.

Anyway, thanks for trying to come up with some solution for us.

Justin at AU
AnotherUniverse.com

Post by Justin at AU » May 4th 2004, 1:57 pm

Update -

I found some sort of record on the main server in sql. I have never gotten around to learning how to work and mine an sql database but i have been able to pull up an order here and there and found that they noted the files in someway with notes on if they got sent the bonus disk or lunch box yet. The sql files seem to have the information spread through numerous tables and every transaction that au ever had. Also all the email addresses are there as well as mailing addresses. The only problem is that this information is two years old. Overall though this is the first positive thing so far.

Also thank you for the words of encourangment everyone so far. I understand why everyone is distrustful of AU. From everything that has gone on in the past, it has shown itself time and again to be dishonest.

On selling the fixtures to help finance it. Well i found out that the california market is just overflowing with used office furniture and warehouse fixtures from the all the dot coms and tech startups that went under. Not much value in this stuff, i could try and help ross sell the computers but the are very old emachines and most just arent worth it.

Back to the SQL files

Justin at AU
AnotherUniverse.com

Post by Justin at AU » May 5th 2004, 11:54 pm

I have decided to post my new updates to the Ross Rojek arrested thread, since that was seeing alot more posts in regards to this situation.

Thanks.

Justin

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » May 6th 2004, 1:33 am

Justin at AU wrote:I have decided to post my new updates to the Ross Rojek arrested thread, since that was seeing alot more posts in regards to this situation.

Thanks.

Justin
I will lock this thread then. If you want it re-opened PM me.