Where things stand now. 4/22/04.

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Where things stand now. 4/22/04.

Post by Jason R » Apr 22nd 2004, 8:27 pm

Hi all,

When we first started chasing down AU.com and Ross Rojek for refunds, I promised to not give up until everyone got what they paid for.

When it became clearer the kind of person we were dealing with, I adjusted this statement saying that I would continue to try to threaten AU into refunds until everyone received one or until Ross went to jail.

Now, to say that I am going to stop chasing refunds sounds like somewhat of a cop out to me and probably to you. However, I did speak with the investigating FBI agents yesterday. They told me that the chance of receiving anything else at this point was extremely minimal. The chance of restitution is, likewise, extremely minimal. I asked about merchandise at the AU building and the FBI said that when they went in with their warrant they really didn't see much there. It is quite possible that Ross dumped merchandise that was already paid for on eBay, etc.

In any case, I see a few things that we can still try to do:

1) Create a packet of documentation concerning the new fraud story for people to submit to credit cards if they have not received refunds by this time.

2) Contact Bedford Falls about the possibility of making the bonus disc available in limited quantities to those who pre-ordered. I could have these manufactured pretty inexpensively ($1-$1.50) and if mailed in a sleeve, the total cost could be very low. It is not "free," but it would be close to it.

or

3) We can just close the this chapter and wait to see what happens next.

It sounds like Ross Rojek's chances of walking are very slim and that the case against him is far from circumstantial. Frankly, I have heard things in the last few days that make my head spin. The number and extent of concurrent frauds is mind-boggling. He lied to his employees, his business associates, his family, his friends and he has also been unfaithful those close to him in his life.

Jason Rosenfeld
4/22/04

crispy
Nicky Driscoll

Post by crispy » Apr 23rd 2004, 5:40 pm

Thanks Jason... that pretty much confirms what I've been sensing... I've become resigned to not ever receiving a refund after cancelling our order (although my husband is not as resigned and calm about it!)

At this point, all I hope for is the chance to order the bonus DVD again. Personally I don't need it to be free, or very cheap, although it would be nice. But I do think it's worth paying for, and I'd rather my money go straight to Bedford Falls anyway... they deserve it for creating such an excellent TV series.

Since DVD copying is not allowed on this forum (why? is Ross in any position to sue *us*?!) - I beg you, Jason, to speak with your contacts at Bedford Falls about making the interview available... I have a feeling they'll sympathize with all of us who've been cheated.

I know you've been through hell and must be sick and tired of this whole ordeal, but if it's not too much to ask, can you please do this one last thing for us? It sounds like it's the only thing left that can be done...